American Idol 3/3 - 3/4 | Golden Skate

American Idol 3/3 - 3/4

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Two songs from each idol tonight. First set is the songs of Leiber and Stoller.

Anthony "Poison Ivy" - IMO this was a disaster for Anthony. Singing “Lawd’ll make ya itch” as “Lord will make you itch” just isn’t the same.

Vonzell "Treat Me Nice" I just can’t get into Vonzell.

Carrie "Trouble" - The judges liked it

Scott "On The Broadway" - Excellent!

Bo "Stand By Me" - Barely edges by Scott with bonus points for those smiling eyes

The second theme for tonight is songs from this week's Top 40.

Anthony The Backstreet Boys " Incomplete”

Vonzell American Idol's "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" I don’t think it was fair for her to use this song since obviously she has had a lot of practice singing it while the others had to learn two songs this week

Carrie " Bless The Broken Road" by the Rascal Flats

Scott Usher's "Burn"

Bo sings "Heaven" by Los Lonely Boys

Anthony should go this week.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I agree Piel. Anthony isn't in the same league as Vonzelle, Bo, and Carrie. He has a nice voice, but is one dimensional. Bo, Carrie, and Vonzelle were awesome tonight. Can't decided who should be on top at this point.......42

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
OLD STUFF:

1. Scott -- Yes, believe it or not, I'm putting him in first place for this round. He had a few note problems here and there, but by and large, this was excellent and his best by far. He needs to drop the attitude, though. Just because he made it this far he thinks he's the next Justin Timberlake or something.

2. Carrie -- I never heard the original, but Carrie did very well. I love it when she sings with her "edgy" voice.

3. Vonzell -- I never heard the original on this either (I guess I'm just not much of an Elvis fan). She gave a very good PERFORMANCE, but it was not her best vocal.

4. Bo -- Interesting song choice, interesting rendition. I might place him higher -- if I could decide if I liked it or not. Either way, I don't think it was one of his better performances.

5. Anthony -- I don't think he did a BAD job, I just don't think this song was right for his voice, tho I'm not altogether sure of that since I'm not sure I ever heard the original of this one, either. Something was a bit off, though.

NEW STUFF:
(WAY too many ballads here; I hate ballads!! :sheesh: )

1. Carrie -- She really showed her range tonight; first the "edgy" voice earlier, and now the "pretty" voice here. Nicely done, tho I didn't like the song.

2. Anthony -- A little pitchy, but when he was on with it, he was on. Gorgeous in spots, and his "high & soaring" notes gave me chills.

3. Bo -- Good song choice, nicely done, though a bit on the flat side.

4. Scott -- A little off at the start, but overall he did OK. Just OK, though. I hate all that "handjive" stuff he does; very annoying.

5. Vonzell -- I agree with Simon; she did NOT have a good night. This was uneven and too shrieky. And Piel brings up a very good point -- it was a little unfair for her to choose something that she already knew.

I think either Anthony or Vonzell will go home tonight. I figure if Scott has gone this far by being mediocre, on a night when he's actually pretty good ("medicocre" and "pretty good" being relative terms in this case), he's not going to get sent home yet. And he does seem to have a fairly large core group of fans out there. Of the two, I'm thinking it'll probably be Anthony because I've been expecting him to go for a couple of weeks now. I like both him and Vonzell and will be sorry to see either one of them go.

sk8m8

Final Flight
At this point I really can't say if I care if anyone wins since you've got a HUGE force on a website on votefortheworst.com which basically holds the show in mild contempt and urges people to back Scott.

The fact that ANY of the reamaining idols should be "pitchy" at this point is ridiculous or they have the worst line-up of contestants going. Except for the first season, I believe (with the exception of Josh Grayson (sp?) in the second season, who had a nice voice and got the "I'm a cute military guy" vote, ) the contestants have gotten better on the whole as the season progresses. However, by this stage in the game they were ALL hitting there notes on key. I will add for Grayson, the "variety" factor was not included for his year, Singing Country wasn't OK that seasonlike it is for Carrie this year.

I've loved the show in the past beause, like many others, this "reality tv" doesn't try to be real, it is by the nature of what they are doing (talent competion) real. And I hope NOBODY at FOX decides to get the bright idea to show all the contestants at the house bickering or having an group hug. I really hope these "spoilers" from the vote for the loser website.... don't ruin the franchise pleasssssssssssse.

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Considering both songs, I tho't Scott was the best last night. Then Bo, Anthony, Carrie & Vonzell. Either my hearing is going or the sound on my TV is because Vonzell's 1st song was so pitchy with several flat notes that I was cringing in my chair. I know Randy is behind her 100 % but to say that that was great...leaves me shaking my head. Carrie just doesn't compare to the 18 yr old girl who just won Nashville Star 3. Erika Jo can outsing & out perform Carrie easily.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Piel said:
Two songs from each idol tonight. First set is the songs of Leiber and Stoller.

Anthony "Poison Ivy" - IMO this was a disaster for Anthony. Singing “Lawd’ll make ya itch” as “Lord will make you itch” just isn’t the same.

Vonzell "Treat Me Nice" I just can’t get into Vonzell.

Carrie "Trouble" - The judges liked it

Scott "On The Broadway" - Excellent!

Bo "Stand By Me" - Barely edges by Scott with bonus points for those smiling eyes

The second theme for tonight is songs from this week's Top 40.

Anthony The Backstreet Boys " Incomplete”

Vonzell American Idol's "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" I don’t think it was fair for her to use this song since obviously she has had a lot of practice singing it while the others had to learn two songs this week

Carrie " Bless The Broken Road" by the Rascal Flats

Scott Usher's "Burn"

Bo sings "Heaven" by Los Lonely Boys

Anthony should go this week.

Aside from Bo and Carrie the rest were awful especially Vonzell. She absolutley murdered Elvis's Classic "Treat Me Right." I am sure Elvis is rolling around in his grave as we speak. The melody was not even corrrect. My husband watched the show for the first time and was absolutely appauled by Vonzell's performance. I just don't get what people see in her. I think she is an awful singer. She has no style. She thinks belting out a song is the only way to sing. Works great for Barbara Streisand, but then Barbara has a well trained voice. Give it up Vonzell, my ear drums are hurting.

Anthony was weak. Another one who managed to murder a song. Did not get the melody right.

Scott - Just has to go. He squeaked by. My husband thought his "On Broadway" performance was not bad, but, he is no Eric Carmen. His second song was horrible.

Bo did a pretty good job on "Stand by Me." At least he did not murder it. I am just glad Paula did not compare his version to the Great John Lennon's. That would have been a tragic mistake.

Carrie came accross on both songs. At least she can sing better than Vonzell and does not try to imitate a diva.

I think it is now between Bo and Carrie. The rest can "pack their bags and go home" as Simon would say.

Say, how come the second performances we were not told what song they were singing? I did not recognize any of these tunes.

I am going to watch the tell-all show tonight Fallen Idol. Should be good.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Ladskater said:
Say, how come the second performances we were not told what song they were singing? I did not recognize any of these tunes.

I am going to watch the tell-all show tonight Fallen Idol. Should be good.
Yes, that bothered me as well. They just had a clip of the contestant saying what was different about being on AI. We only found out (barely) AFTER they finished performing what the song was. All we were told was that they could pick a song from any of the Billboard Top 40 charts - Pop, Radio Airplay, Country, R&B, Adult Contemporary, etc.

I'm also going to watch the tell-all show on ABC - should be interesting....

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I thought everyone except Anthony did a really good job last night. I thought Vonzell did a terrific job and didn't understand what Simon was whining about. She wins my prize for "most improved since beginning of competition". Despite Anthony's truly painful efforts, I think Vonzell will go home.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
I ranked Bo first. His version of Stand By Me was awesome and since I like the song "Heaven" that was pretty good as well.

Then I had Carrie in second place. I thought she did a great rendition of Trouble and Bless the Broken Road.

Then Vonzell. And she did an awesome R&B version of Treat Me Nice. That's what you're supposed to do: make the song yours. I liked it myself. The second song was just awright.

Anthony: I like Poison Ivy. And I liked Incomplete. But he isn't in the same league as the first three.

Scott: Let's get a clue here, Scott. George Benson did NOT make On Broadway famous. He remade it as a jazzed version and it hit Number One, but the Drifters MADE that song. The original is wonderful. And you sucked singing it. And then you sang a Brian McKnight song where syncopation is required. Thank you for staying a half beat behind the music. You can thank those people who are voting for the worse for saying your sorry butt every week.

I'm sorry people, but his arrogance has annoyed me all season. I'd rather not have to hear him anymore. Guess I'll be muting next week when he sings because I know he isn't going tonight.

Sigh, I bet Vonzell or Anthony leave tonight. Maybe some of Scott's friends started that "vote for the worse" thing.