B/S might be out of Olympics | Golden Skate

B/S might be out of Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
So effectively no dance teem for Russia?

Does this mean Katsalapov gets to go, in the event B/S are not invited?

Marta25

Medalist
Zagorski/Guerreiro would be going instead, but what are they going to do if Bukin isn't allowed to go? The Russian Fed only nominated Z/G as alternatives.

Grin

Medalist
There is no confirmation from IOC about B/S atm. I hope they won't do it to them.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
It has to be confirmed first. If this happens, timing is bonkers. The Opening ceremony is in 2 weeks only. Mozer's pairs were supposed to leave Saturday for Japan.

Macassar88

Medalist
If this is true, that would be awful. ISU already screwed them over big time with the meldonium fiasco, where they had a shot of medalling. Here they would have a great shot in the team event to get a gold or silver. So unfortunate that this is happening to such good people.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
The statement blank blank might be out of the Olympics
could be true regarding any Russian winter athlete at the moment

So better to just wait for an official statement and hope for the best

NicolettaL

Final Flight
This is ridiculous. Not in the way of baning them because of doping but in the way of informing that. 15 days till Olys and then they verify? What about time to react if we don't ban Russia in blanket? What Russia has to do now if B/S and S/B are possibly out? Okay Z/G are in, but without second alternates rush back Nikita to healt, or send Betina and Sergey?

bramweld

Record Breaker

I actually thought they would be out and Bukin would be in. But I wouldn't be surprised either way. That could mean P/M could get a chance to go to the OGs. Time will out.

EDIT: The IOC criteria look rather extensive and not as arbitrary as we're being lead to believe. If Russia was told that only clean athletes would be allowed to go to Pyeongchang, they should have clarified what it meant to be "clean" several weeks ago when the ban was issued. It appears to me that they're only now being caught flat footed because of their own negligence and dare I say it arrogance. Why wouldn't they name a second alternate to the OGs? Russia seems to be leaking out a lot of information now to win sympathy for their cause when really they should have managed the whole situation a lot more carefully from the beginning. The official list of invited athletes will be out on the 27 or 28th, at that point the real conversations will begin.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
The conversation has run its course. We will all know more when the final invitation list is posted by the IOC. This thread is closed for now, but we will reopen when we know more then.

Please do not start a new thread to discuss the situation.

Please do not take jabs at other skaters, countries and sports while we wait for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.