Edea sizing? | Golden Skate

Edea sizing?

slpg

Spectator
so i had Jackson's and I'm switching to Edea,
Since this is my first pair of Edeas im very unsure about my size, I can’t go to a store to try them on because the nearest one i have it’s at 2hrs and my pro shop at my rink only sells hockey skates, which’s why i have to order them online, i was a size 7 in Jackson, i tried to look up the edea sizing chart and i think i’ll be a 240, however, i don’t know if this size would be correct or if i should try a 235 or 245.
Thanks!

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
You need to suck it up and go 2 hours to the shop. How do you even know Edea will fit you? They fit entirely different feet than Jackson. Get in touch with the shop and see if they have stock for you, schedule an appointment and go get them fitted. Do not order online.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Since this is my first pair of Edeas im very unsure about my size, I can’t go to a store to try them on because the nearest one i have it’s at 2hrs and my pro shop at my rink only sells hockey skates, which’s why i have to order them online, i was a size 7 in Jackson, i tried to look up the edea sizing chart and i think i’ll be a 240, however, i don’t know if this size would be correct or if i should try a 235 or 245.
Thanks!
The shop I use (in person) makes online customers fill out a detailed chart with measurements of all parts of the foot, including depth, not just circumferences and length/width, and provide tracings of each foot, and exchanges messages with the customer and, if possible, their coach before they suggest several boot choices. They won't mail the boots then decided on unless they're confident they will fit the customer and are right for that skater's weight and level of ability. And they'll take them back for a full exchange or refund as long as the blades haven't been attached. I understand why people urge you not to order online -- I don't myself, but I live a 20 minute easy drive from my favourite skate shop. I do understand that making a round trip of 4 hours plus the hour or more in the shop is out of the question for someone with work and/or family commitments. Especially if the customer is a skater-in-learning or not aiming to compete, it can be impossible to, essentially, take a whole day off work or school just to go and buy a pair of skate boots in another city. I know, I know, that's heresy to a lot of people immersed in the rink world, but it happens.

So does the shop you have in mind do all that prep before agreeing to sell you anything? If not, then look around on the internet for another shop in another city or even another country who will. It's not as efficient as being there in person -- but I've also known or heard of skaters who have been fitted in person and still ended up with the wrong boots due to fitter error or the fitter having a personal preference for one brand that was wrong for the skater.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Edea are wonderful skates and I love mine so much. However every time I bought new boots I went to the skate shop/professional figure skate boots fitter that my coaches/rink uses (about 2 hours drive or 1 hour and a half by train) and the professional measured my feet all over again, even though I have a chart there with my contact, where I train, who trains me, with past fittings and measurements (how many centimeters long each of my feet is, how many centimeters wide, how many centimeters of heel etc) and past boots brand/model I've bought, as well as blades.

For my newest boots, there was a big shortage of my size and width (I wear a B in Edea which is narrow, takes more time to receive here) and I waited months for them. I was VERY tempted to buy them online overseas since I've worn Edeas always and know my measurememnts.size, but the thought that my online purchase wouldn't be serviced by the in person shop for customization or blade mounting (they only service boots and blades that they sell) and if I had any problem either with the boots or blade mounting I would be on my own (my coahces could help with blade mounting since they know how/have the tools to do so, but Edeas require certain tools which only Edea authorized dealers have and know how to do the customization) made me wait patiently for my order to arrive at the shop and I went in person there, tried them on, have the blades mounted etc etc.

All this long story to say that even for people who have always worn the same brand, making a purchase of new boots in person is always more safe and garanteed than doing so online. Maybe their shop will service boots that were not purchased there (mine doesn't), each case is different. maybe one absolutely has to purchase online for emergency... but if your shop is only 2 hours away, I would definitely take a day to schedule a trip there and make the safest purchase from a professional in person, if it were me.

Did you ask your coach for advise?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Thanks!
I replied above with my personal experience, but I understand one might not be interested in advise from anyone, just wants an answer for qeustion without any comments from other people.

So for Edea measurements, here is your answer from the Edea website itself https://edeaskates.com/en/whats-my-size/measuring/

thisismynewsport

Rinkside
Honestly the time you spend trying to figure out what size you are and if Edea is the right shape for you, you might as well take the 2hrs to go to your fitter. If you buy online and cannot return then you risk being miserable and wasting your money/time. Even if you can return for refund then it’s still a waste of time. Better to suck it up and do the commute.