Executive Director Ramsey Baker to Leave U.S. Figure Skating | Golden Skate

Executive Director Ramsey Baker to Leave U.S. Figure Skating

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (June 24, 2022) - Executive Director Ramsey Baker, who has played a leadership role with U.S. Figure Skating since 2005, announced today that he will be leaving the organization at the end of his current employment agreement. Baker’s contract runs through the end of the calendar year.

“Ramsey’s vision and leadership have been instrumental in U.S. Figure Skating’s many successes over the past 17 years,” U.S. Figure Skating President Sam Auxier said. “I want to thank Ramsey for his commitment and dedication in helping the organization meet and often exceed the expectations of our athletes, members and partners.”

Baker became Executive Director of U.S. Figure Skating on July 1, 2021, after serving as the organization’s Acting Executive Director for the seven-month period preceding his appointment. Having joined U.S. Figure Skating in January of 2005, Baker previously served as the organization’s Senior Director, Marketing and Communications (2005-13) and Chief Marketing Officer (2013-21).

“I will forever be grateful for the support that I have received and the relationships that I have developed over the past 17 years at U.S. Figure Skating,” Baker said. “The past 18 months have been equally rewarding and challenging. We have accomplished so much through collaboration, hard work, and an unwavering commitment to the mission of U.S. Figure Skating, and I am honored to have played a role in the success we have had.”

As Executive Director, Baker has helped guide the organization to many record-breaking achievements over the past 18 months despite the unprecedented times brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. U.S. Figure Skating will close its current membership cycle on June 30 with the highest membership total in the organization’s 100-year history, while sponsorship and media rights revenue totals have reached levels not seen since prior to 2007. Additionally, U.S. skaters have enjoyed one of the most successful international seasons the organization has seen in decades.

As Chief Marketing Officer, Baker oversaw U.S. Figure Skating’s relationships with its corporate partners generating exponential growth during his tenure. He also played an important role in the organization’s negotiation of media rights deals and the day-to-day relationship with NBC Universal and other media partners. In 2018, he was one of the architects of U.S. Figure Skating’s eight-year extension with NBC Universal, which provides increased exposure for the sport and contributes to the organization’s strong financial position.

Baker has also served as General Manager of Ice Network, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of U.S. Figure Skating, which holds the domestic broadcast rights to ISU figure skating and speed skating competitions. In this role, Baker helped develop the organization’s relationship with MLB Advanced Media — one of the first relationships of its kind in the sports industry. MLB Advanced Media and Ice Network, LLC, partnered to operate icenetwork.com until 2019.

Baker was instrumental in the rebrand of U.S. Figure Skating’s Basic Skills Program as Learn to Skate USA, and has overseen many important U.S. Figure Skating initiatives, such as the documentary film RISE, which commemorated the tragic 1961 World Team plane crash and the organization’s multi-year brand and image campaign, Get Up.

U.S. Figure Skating’s Board of Directors will begin a nationwide search for Baker’s successor.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
He is not the only one that is leaving. I wonder how much a non profit pays vs private industry? Brent the FOFS guy lasted 6 years and now he is gone. Last phone call I made to HQ they didnt know who his replacement would be.