Fantasy Figure Skating Game (GP ladies) | Golden Skate

Fantasy Figure Skating Game (GP ladies)

ClaraBlur

Spectator
I created this game with my friends a few years ago, and figured some people here might want to play it with their own group of friends :) - although this game is specific to Grand-Prix level Senior Ladies, the rules could easily be modified to your discipline of choice!

Game Description + Rulebook:
https://image.ibb.co/cf4yrK/rulebook.jpg

Blank Scoresheet:
https://image.ibb.co/dQr05e/scoresheet.jpg

Regarding the ‘Grand-Prize’: my friends and I generally each buy a $20-40 gift (face masks, skating paraphernalia, artwork, etc.), and the winner gets to keep them all… It can get pretty intense LOL!

Based on the 2018/19 GP Announcements thus far, here’s a list of skaters for this game, categorized by Card Type:

WILD CARDS (1st full year competing at senior level)
Mako Yamashita
Rika Kihira
Eunsoo Lim
Stanislava Konstantinova
Daria Penenkova
Sofia Samodurova
Starr Andrews

GREEN CARDS (Have never medalled on senior GP before)
Gabrielle Daleman
Larkyn Austman
Xiangning Li
Laurine Lecavelier
Mae-Berenice Meite
Nicole Schott
Marin Honda
Yuna Shiraiwa
Elizabet Tursynbaeva
Dabin Choi
Nicole Rajicova
Karen Chen
Yura Matsuda
Angela Wang
Loena Hendrickx
Alexia Paganini
Matilda Algotsson

REGULAR CARDS (Have medalled on senior GP before)
Alaine Chartrand
Carolina Kostner
Wakaba Higuchi
Satoko Miyahara
Kaori Sakamoto
Mai Mihara
Rika Hongo
Alina Zagitova
Evgenia Medvedeva
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Elena Radionova
Polina Tsurskaya
Maria Sotskova
Bradie Tennell
Mariah Bell
Courtney Hicks
Gracie Gold

Have you guys created any FS games? What are they and who do you play with? Do you think you’ll try this game? What changes will you make? :)

Shandy

On the Ice
I'm hesitant to post the rules here, because it's silly and relies a lot on humorous national stereotypes, but I wrote a Ladies FS-themed tabletop RPG that I played with my D&D group last week. 6 guys with no FS knowledge all playing lady skaters competing at the GPF. It was hilarious madness.

I like the rules and the layout of your game. If only I had enough FS-fan friends to try it with!

ClaraBlur

Spectator
I'm hesitant to post the rules here, because it's silly and relies a lot on humorous national stereotypes, but I wrote a Ladies FS-themed tabletop RPG that I played with my D&D group last week. 6 guys with no FS knowledge all playing lady skaters competing at the GPF. It was hilarious madness.

I like the rules and the layout of your game. If only I had enough FS-fan friends to try it with!

OMG that must have been so funny!!! It's surprising how easy it can be to trick people into watching figure skating with you LOL...although creating storylines (and bribery) can help too :) I play this game with 8 friends, and honestly only like 3 of us are actual FS fans. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, in the hopes you can convert some of your friends into FS fans haha

bakedpotato

Spectator

Oh my goodness I had to come out of lurking just for this! I'm only just getting into tabletop rpgs but this sounds so fun! I too wish I had some irl FS friends to play these sorts of games with :sad21:

Shandy

On the Ice
Oh my goodness I had to come out of lurking just for this! I'm only just getting into tabletop rpgs but this sounds so fun! I too wish I had some irl FS friends to play these sorts of games with :sad21:

It was a hoot and a half. The players all had two stats, 'Skill' and 'Style', to which they could assign points, as well as expendable 'Good Girl' and 'Bad Girl' abilities they could use to help or sabotage other players. Two of them decided they wanted to be 250-lb musclebound jumping powerhouses and dumped all their points into Skill, and it was so funny that I didn't bother to tell them it wasn't really feasible. :laugh: