Germany’s Vartmann and Blommaert hope for strong start | Golden Skate

Germany’s Vartmann and Blommaert hope for strong start

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
German pair skaters Mari Vartmann and Ruben Blommaert united forces this spring and hope to make an impact this season. [More]

Vartmann and Blommaert, who both won German nationals with their previous partners, are looking forward to starting out this fall at the international level.

“Our first competition will be Nebelhorn Trophy and then Nizza Cup, for world ranking points,” Vartmann revealed. “We hope that we’ll get assigned to a Grand Prix and we’re planning on doing two more Challenger (Senior B) events.”

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Top 5 at Europeans this year? I hope this was a joke .... They really believe thats Possible? It would be better to work and to Realise that they Need to work hard an much! And that there are a Lot of pairs which are better Then they

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hm, I'm a little bit confused. Did Vartmann split with her former partner then? It sounds like she has (obviously), but the article didn't say. Did I miss something? Did he retire?

QuadThrow

Medalist
Hm, I'm a little bit confused. Did Vartmann split with her former partner then? It sounds like she has (obviously), but the article didn't say. Did I miss something? Did he retire?

Two German pairs split last year. Proessl/Blommaert und Vartman/Van-clever....

P/B ended their partnership because of personal differences and V/VC split because Vartman wanted to skate with Blommaert.

Nevertheless vartman/Blommaert is a nice pair,i can not imagine that they are really successful. Vartman has got nice skating skills but has been very inconsistent through the years.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I saw a youtube video of them skating, but I don't have the link at the moment. They looked good, but I'm not sure about top 5 at Euros this season.

Winning in Nice would be a great start indeed. They can quite easily given the SP they did in Obersdorf.

As for top five at Euros, with clean SP and a strong LP, it isn't impossible at all. Who's there ? 1,2,3 are Russia's, then, the Italians who are still quite impredictible : they can keep their position also easily but they are still a young team and sometimes, ice is slipery. Then, the french. Since last year, they aren't consistent at all and are still recycling the same LP. Depending on the performances that day, I can see the germans beatting them.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Winning in Nice would be a great start indeed. They can quite easily given the SP they did in Obersdorf.

As for top five at Euros, with clean SP and a strong LP, it isn't impossible at all. Who's there ? 1,2,3 are Russia's, then, the Italians who are still quite impredictible : they can keep their position also easily but they are still a young team and sometimes, ice is slipery. Then, the french. Since last year, they aren't consistent at all and are still recycling the same LP. Depending on the performances that day, I can see the germans beatting them.

Yes their only real potential competition at Nice are Zieglet/Kiefer so I'd say they have at least a 50% chance of winning if not better... barring massive mistakes they should be able to beat the rest of the field pretty easily.

I don't know about top 5 at Euros, I think it depends how it goes. I do think top 7 at Euros is DEFINITELY obtainable though and would be a great premier. Either way I am excited for this team :)

paircheck

Final Flight
Yes their only real potential competition at Nice are Zieglet/Kiefer so I'd say they have at least a 50% chance of winning if not better... barring massive mistakes they should be able to beat the rest of the field pretty easily.

I don't know about top 5 at Euros, I think it depends how it goes. I do think top 7 at Euros is DEFINITELY obtainable though and would be a great premier. Either way I am excited for this team :)

that s true!!! it is possible that they can win @ Coup of Nice ...Z/K were much worser @Nebelhorn than V/B
but@ EUROS... maybe 6th oder 7th... 3russians, M/H for italy and J/C for France in front of V/B