Harry Potter Fans Thread | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Harry Potter Fans Thread

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Just to note that if you want English books, another way is the Book Depository - postage & packing is free.:)

Thank you for the information! I will definitely check it out when I want another book en English :biggrin:
:thank:

Amei

Record Breaker
After a few months of contemplating it because I didn't know if I would finish them with my lack of time (and I still don't know but what the heck), I finally decided to buy the whole set of Harry Potter books 1-7 and the Cursed Child. All in English (a pain in the neck to find in a non English speaking country, thank God for Amazon). I'm now halfway through the Prisioner of Azkaban. I have always been a very big fan of the movies, but seeing the story in depth, getting the details you will obviously not see in the movie and the adaptations from the original is so interesting. I don't care if I already know how this ends, the books never stop being interesting :yes:

This is gonna be a question for you after you have finished reading the whole series, but do you wish you had read the books before seeing the movies after reading the details that were left of the movies. *its really in Prisoner of Azkaban where you really start to see parts of the book left out that are actually fairly important or at least big parts of the story

1 thing I appreciated was that there were some nods to the fans that read the books in the movies; like in the Prisoner of Azkaban movie where Hermione and Harry were trying to lure the hippograff away from Hagrid's hut and Hermione said to 'come get the nice dead ferret' - people that read the books knew that in the 4th book Professor Moody turned Draco Malfoy into a ferrett

LRK

Record Breaker
This is gonna be a question for you after you have finished reading the whole series, but do you wish you had read the books before seeing the movies after reading the details that were left of the movies. *its really in Prisoner of Azkaban where you really start to see parts of the book left out that are actually fairly important or at least big parts of the story

1 thing I appreciated was that there were some nods to the fans that read the books in the movies; like in the Prisoner of Azkaban movie where Hermione and Harry were trying to lure the hippograff away from Hagrid's hut and Hermione said to 'come get the nice dead ferret' - people that read the books knew that in the 4th book Professor Moody turned Draco Malfoy into a ferrett

As someone who watched the movies first, I'd say that this is a case where - I generally prefer to read a book first before seeing an adaptation of it - I actually enjoyed reading the books afterwards, precisely because there was so much left to discover, all those things that didn't make it into the films. My guess is that it might have worked better for me this way, as chances are I might have felt miffed at the things left out if I had read the books first. (Cruikshanks!)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
As someone who watched the movies first, I'd say that this is a case where - I generally prefer to read a book first before seeing an adaptation of it - I actually enjoyed reading the books afterwards, precisely because there was so much left to discover, all those things that didn't make it into the films. My guess is that it might have worked better for me this way, as chances are I might have felt miffed at the things left out if I had read the books first. (Cruikshanks!)

That's what happened to me. I did not really enjoy films much, because after reading books, it was dissapointing. Plus I still can't get over the fact the made Harry having blue eyes when it was mentioned so many, many times that the green eyes was what he got after his mother. And it was pretty important in sixth book where he was to convince Slughorn to teach at Hogwarts, since he really liked Harry's mother.

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
Favorite movie: Half blood Prince

Book: Goblet of Fire. I have read that one the most. To me it is a huge turning point.

House: Ravenclaw always. Though I am surrounded by Gryffindors, which is great, but I could really use a Hufflepuff in my life.

Villian: I enjoy Bellatrix

Character: Luna.

Actor: Alan Rickman.

I'm a litttle late to this thread I suppose.

Amei

Record Breaker
Favorite movie: Half blood Prince
Book: Goblet of Fire. I have read that one the most. To me it is a huge turning point.
House: Ravenclaw always. Though I am surrounded by Gryffindors, which is great, but I could really use a Hufflepuff in my life.
Villian: I enjoy Bellatrix
Character: Luna.
I'm a litttle late to this thread I suppose.

Favorite movie: Deathly Hallows Part 2
Book: Prisoner of Azkaban
House: Ravenclaw
Villian: Bellatrix
Character: Sirius and Snape