I'm making a scoring website.. feature requests/suggestions? | Golden Skate

I'm making a scoring website.. feature requests/suggestions?

jccool5000

Rinkside
Hello, I'm making a figure skating scoring website. Yesterday I launched it and people seem to like it. Thanks to those who helped me beta test and find bugs yesterday. Most of the bugs should be fixed now, and of course post below if you discover other bugs. Anyone got any suggestions, comments or feature requests for the website? So far in the plans for ~version 0.2~ (strikethrough) future versions:
  • Program component score
  • Deductions
  • Ability to determine levels and GOE using a checklist system (less subjective)
  • Ability to calculate scores for jump sequences
  • Popups that help users figure stuff out -if you don't really know IJS well

Link is here if you wanna try the website https://jerry70450.github.io/FSCalc/

Any commentary is welcome! Thanks y'all!

EDIT: Version 0.2 is now live with PCS calculations!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hello, I'm making a figure skating scoring website. Yesterday I launched it and people seem to like it. Thanks to those who helped me beta test and find bugs yesterday. Most of the bugs should be fixed now, and of course message me if you discover other bugs. Anyone got any suggestions or feature requests for the website. So far in the plans for version 0.2:
  • Deductions
  • Ability to determine levels and GOE using a checklist system (less subjective)
  • Popups that help people figure out people who don't really know IJS well

Thanks y'all!

Keep it current and you'll have so many fans....I know I will follow it. Good Luck.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
[*]Ability to determine levels and GOE using a checklist system (less subjective)

I'm perplexed by this. The judges use a similar checklist, though they have to do it mentally and very quickly. How is this less subjective?

And I don't understand the levels remark at all. Features are obvious, you count them, you get a level.

jccool5000

Rinkside
I'm perplexed by this. The judges use a similar checklist, though they have to do it mentally and very quickly. How is this less subjective?

And I don't understand the levels remark at all. Features are obvious, you count them, you get a level.

Most people who judge at home (at least me) judge by feeling. "This looks like a +4" but people doesn't actually remember the checklist. By having to actually check things off, you're thinking about each bullet. This way you're forced to justify each click rather than just thinking of an arbitrary GOE number.

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
Hello, I'm making a figure skating scoring website. Yesterday I launched it and people seem to like it. Thanks to those who helped me beta test and find bugs yesterday. Most of the bugs should be fixed now, and of course post below if you discover other bugs. Anyone got any suggestions, comments or feature requests for the website? So far in the plans for version 0.2:
  • Deductions
  • Popups that help users figure stuff out -if you don't really know IJS well

Any commentary is welcome! Thanks y'all!

This is fantastic! Was this coded in Javascript?