Kevin Van Der Perren's jumps (3-3-3) | Golden Skate

Kevin Van Der Perren's jumps (3-3-3)

mige

Rinkside
We are here (from AS) at Kevin van der Perren and Jenna McCorkells own show Ice Fantillusion, and while I know there are big important discussions and competitions (WTT) going on, I kinda wanted to share this with you.
Yesterday was the first big, audience show. And he showed off all triples (including the Axel) but the lutz (since the ice surface is only half length, not enough space) as well as his trademark 3-3-3. I happened to catch that videoing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc_5kVKSBMc&feature=youtu.be and am so impressed!! He stopped skating competitions 5y ago!!
Anyway, just wanted to share (being amazed and even kinda proud of him, as silly as that may sound), in case someone wondered how he's doing. :cool:

ragdoll

On the Ice
He was always a good jumper. Well done of him to still be able to do that so many years after retirement from competitive skating.

LiLiGirl1

Rinkside
He was always a good jumper. Well done of him to still be able to do that so many years after retirement from competitive skating.

I remember seeing Kevin Van der Perren 10 years ago at Skate Canada in 2007 (which was the last time I was able to go to a Grand Prix event.) I can still remember his long program and being in awe with his skating and at the number of jumps in that program. That program and his gold and white costume are still etched in my brain after all these years:luv17: Glad to read that he and Jenna are doing well.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
LOVED watching Kevin when he competed. Good to see he's kept up in his years out of competition.

mige

Rinkside
Aww, seeing your reactions makes me happy I posted it here. I didn't want to be "plugging our material blabla" and it had been long since I posted here (tho I'm a much around lurker ;) ) but this was just so... share worthy.. Not making sense I guess. lol
He did really keep the jumps up and he's thriving in these show she creates, skating with so much passion it's always a joy to see. And this was extra special :)

humbaba

Final Flight
Geez....Kevin looks great in a loin cloth. lol. I'm always amazed that skaters can jump like that on small show rinks.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I always liked Kevin. He seemed so genuinely thrilled when he skated well. Glad we got to see him skate live @ 2005 Skate America.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
oh my, precious era of 2000 something with Kevin:love:, still going strong! Still in my mind his FS opening with insane 4-3-3 combo in Torino at 2010 Worlds:bow: