Kim to skip Grand Prix Series again | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kim to skip Grand Prix Series again

cooper

Medalist
To be honest i'm glad there will be no Kim or Ando on the GP this year. Time for some new blood heading into Sochi. I really don't want to see Mao or Kostner or some of the other skaters that have been around the last 6, 7 years either at the next Olympics.

If they wanted to compete then let them.. the more the better. Im sure the new faces are going to take over soon but they still need to prove. It's not like it will be easy. I don't mind old faces competing against the youngsters. Mao is only 20.. Yuna is only 20. Miki can still skate and win.

I never understand why ppl would think korean federation has that enormous power or influence on yuna's every move? for one thing, even if Yuna makes sure that korea gets two or more tickets in international events, as far as I know, there are absolutely no skaters who can even live up to as half as yuna can do in Korea. If yuna appears on competing scene constantly, it'll surely make korean federation look good but that's not enough reason to place someone in pressure cooker since she's accomplished everything possible a skater can do.

but crossing my fingers I would die if she'll keep competing OMG.