New exhibition for Michelle! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New exhibition for Michelle!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Uh oh. Here come the predictions of retirement again. Wasn't "Fallin" supposed to be a farewell song as well? She uses these kinds of lyrics all the time. Maybe MK just likes the song and wants to skate it?

Have there been other skaters in the past that when they wish to retire, they pick a song with lyrics that indicate they want to quit...?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Wasn't "Bolero" supposed to be the death of Kwan's competitve career? I could swear I read that only a couple of weeks ago.:biggrin:

:laugh::laugh: No, no, it was Fields of Gold:

I never made promises lightly,
and there have been some that I have broken,
but I swear in the days still left
we will walk in fields of gold.

Now, what does that[/] say if not, "Bye bye, and thanks for all those medals!"

No, wait. East of Eden. "Behold, Michelle has become as one of the gods, to know good and evil; and now, lest she put forth her hand and eat also of the tree of life, that she may skate forever, she must be banished from the garden and sent into the land of Nod (Ohio), which bordered the garden on the East."

Mathman

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
What was "Lyra Angelica"? I think there could be a college course on the cryptic messages contained in Michelle Kwan's music and program selection, LOL.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
What was "Lyra Angelica"? I think there could be a college course on the cryptic messages contained in Michelle Kwan's music and program selection, LOL.

Good one, Piel. I understand that Michelle did her own choreography for the Madonna number.................42

Piel, funny you should ask! I researched Lyra Angelica and discovered that the true meaning of the works is, "I can't believe I let that little twerp Tara beat me!"

But here's Dante's Prayer:

"When the dark wood fell before me
And all the paths were overgrown
When the priests of pride say there is no other way
I tilled the sorrows of stone."

This means:

And so at last I wearied
and I shed a little tear,
as I told my soul-mate Speedy,

Kiss my ***, I'm outta here.

MM

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
In Kwan and Plushy speak it sounds like this......"I.m skipping the GP to train and/or rest". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Club owners, to sign Piel for her standup routine, contact her agent at MM Productions. (But call after the Michigan State ladies game.)