Osmond: "I am very happy" | Golden Skate

Osmond: "I am very happy"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Osmond gave a dynamic routine filled with powerful jumps including a triple flip-triple toe, triple Lutz, and double Axel.

"I am very happy," said the three-time Canadian champion. That program is exactly how I have been training it, and to be able to have that much fun in my short program means everything to me."

The 2017 World silver medalist also showed solid level 4 spins and footwork to earn a new personal best of 78.87.

The 22-year-old has been fighting to keep improving this program at each event and while upset with the team event short program, was happy regarding her personal best.

"I just really wanted to enjoy my program," said Osmond. "I got to skate it in the team event and as much fun as I had, it still wasn't the enjoyment that I wanted. Today that was my goal. To have fun, enjoy it and to stay focused.

The skater, who is coached by Ravi Walia, barely remembers her last Olympic experience, calling it a "whirlwind."

"Here, I feel so much more mature, so much more in control, and to be able to put a program like that is always much better than it was four years ago," she said. "My goal for the long is to do the same thing I have been doing in training."

More...

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I'm so proud of Kaetlyn! What a wonderful skate and spot to be in going into the free skate. Go Kaetlyn!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Yay! So happy for Kaetlyn, a brilliant, clean program! I dream of her getting the silver here :pray: I will have to do some voodoo like with Alina in the SP to make that happen :devil:

millie

Medalist
I am going to stay out of this thread....don’t want to jinks her.....Make the skating Gods be with her...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She follows Alina and skates right before Evgenia. That is a tough juxtaposition for her.

"I am very happy"

As well she should be! The program is excellent, showcasing Kaetlyn's strengths as a technician and performer, and she skated it to perfection.

If she can keep up the same pace and energy in the long (a big "if") she's got a medal in the bag.

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
So proud of her! I still haven’t had the chance to watch her skate, but I’m so pleased to hear she did amazing

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaetlyn's SP was, I don't know, perfection. Passion. And a spark of fun, that something indefinable, but French. :)

I enjoyed her performances of it this season, more or less ... but I was feeling it was a bit incomplete, until two days ago. Something missing.

And she found it, at the most wonderful time of the year to find it. I'm so happy for her. She made me love that program again.

noskates

Record Breaker
I am very happy for Katelyn. Her dress was gorgeous and she skated with such confidence.