Papadakis & Cizeron: 2016 French Masters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Papadakis & Cizeron: 2016 French Masters

Be careful !! The 2016 French Masters will finally take place from October 6 to 8 in Villard-de-Lans and not in Tours as initially scheduled

Nice ! So close to my place. Thanks for the info.

Too bad we won't know the musics beforehands though. Still one month to wait.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
So what? I'll keep saying it too. And Papadakis is as good. Scott is the best. Though as a team PapCiz are slightly superior to V/M. Though we will have to wait for several iterations of their programs to get a definitive opinion.
"So what"? In what ways Tessa is inferior to Scott then in your opinion? And don't say that she is just "bland" like some other people have said because it's just a matter of personal taste and perception, and not a serious argument at all. Also, I would like to go into detail of in what ways Papadakis/Cizeron are superior to Virtue/Moir as they were before they went away for two seasons (because we don't really know yet how good - or not - they will be now) and in what ways Virtue/Moir are/were superior to them as they were the last two seasons (because there are things in which V/M were slightly superior, but P/C may have also improved in those areas this season). But this is not the right thread for that at all. We are off-topic as it is. Probably it would be better if you answered to my initial question about Tessa privately.

Last edited:

TangoTraumatica

On the Ice
I think that it's hard to make predictions about who is better than who because we haven't really seen them compete against each other at their full potential. I'm going to wait until Worlds this year before making any predictions because that gives V/M the chance to get back in the swing of things.

Personally, I think that Tessa is a much better dancer than Gabriella, and a stronger skater. Between the boys, I think their performance qualities are similar but that Cizeron has a better back than Scott does, and that usually translates into stronger partnering skills.

Time will tell! I'm looking forward to comparing the compulsory sections of their SDs!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^Cizeron owns all the other male ice dancer out there. He could just glide around on ice and win all the titles. He's THAT good.

maya1985

On the Ice
I love Guillaume but he has never won anything alone ...

I think Gabriella is an excellent dancer, with an incredible charisma. They are not worlds champions only because of Guillaume. I absolutely don't think that Virtue is better than Gabriella. At the same time, the competition is not between Tessa and Gabriella on one side and between Moir and Cizeron on the other side...

Getting back to the subject, the Masters are in a month, the suspense about their program will soon end...