USFSA bids for 2016 Worlds in Boston | Golden Skate

USFSA bids for 2016 Worlds in Boston

clairecloutier

Final Flight
The USFSA just announced it. Unbelievable!!! For those of us here in the Northeast, how incredible would this be? Nationals and Worlds both here in Boston within 2 years of each other?!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Not to mention having world synchro in boston :)

Has anyone heard whether other federations were happy with the way Boston ran world synchro?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I just hope my middle niece or one of her kids is not running. Some years she has done the Boston Marathon, and her daughters run, too.

Trewyn

Medalist
Heard the news this morning, after reading this thread last night.

*sending positive vibes to Boston*

clairecloutier

Final Flight
It was only an hour or two after starting this thread that I heard about the marathon attack. Such a sad & strange coincidence. So terrible what happened. Boston takes so much pride in its marathon on Patriots Day; many local-area folks attend the race and run in it, too. To have that tradition marred by such a terrible attack is heartrending.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Devastating what happened in Boston. I hope they get to the bottom of this and the appropriate people responsible are justly punished and show and demonstrate remorse for their actions.

It's great that the USFSA is trying to get worlds in 2016. Getting more major championships in North America,especially the united states is a good thing. Skating coverage there has gone down the drain so anything attempt to resuscitate it is great.