ZhaoKai Pang announces retirement | Golden Skate

ZhaoKai Pang announces retirement

ice coverage

Record Breaker
:sad4: ZhaoKai Pang has announced his retirement. :sad4:
This afternoon, he wrote a lovely Facebook message, thanking everyone who has supported Edwards/Pang -- and thanking Maddie, of course.

In turn, Maddie wrote fondly of ZhaoKai, ... plus she said:
I will be taking advantage of the summer to let my ankle heal fully from my surgery, and hope to be back in September.

Maddie posted additional warm words on Instagram, accompanied by a sweet photo of the partners sharing a hug.

Best wishes to ZhaoKai and to Maddie.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Kind of surprised, I thought it would be her who would retire first, due to her injury. Best of luck to both of them.

sarama

Medalist
I can't say it is a shock.... They were good, but the fact that they never changed coaches always made me think that probably ice dance wasn't their number one priority in the future (or at least ZhaoKai's). Wing/Lowe are not bad coaches but Edwards/Pang's levels were terrible compared to their talent.
I hope Maddie finds another partner, but of course it's a bit sad that we'll never see them as seniors together after following them for so many years... I will always remember them as the cute kids at the Vancouver gala in 2010