- New beginnings for Russia’s Maria Sotskova
- Pas à pas for Japan’s Suto and Boudreau-Audet
- Russia’s Loboda and Drozd prepare for test skates; Junior Grand Prix
- Shoma Uno raises bar for 2016-17
- Zijun Li: ‘You will see the best of me’
- Mishina and Mirzoev ready to follow up after breakthrough at Junior Worlds
Rachel Parsons and Michael Parsons lead novice ice dance
- Published: January 24, 2011
Rachel Parsons and Michael Parsons (Washington FSC) , are currently in the lead after performing both the Blues and Paso Doble pattern dances. Jessica Mancini and Tyler Brooks (Broadmoor SC) are second (24.51), followed by Kaitlin Hawayek (SC of Western New York) and Michael Bramante (Detroit SC) who have 23.79 points.
The Parson siblings displayed a fast and smooth Blues (25 points) with the exception of a small slip by Michael during the second sequence. The team showed more determination in their Pasa Doble which earned 27.36 points and an overall total of 52.36 points.
Mancini and Brooks also had too solid dances and are currently second with a total of 48.68 points.
Hawayek and Bramante are currently third overall with 47.88 points, followed closely by Eliiana Pogrebrinsky and Ross Gudis (47.15).