Adelina Sotnikova Withdraws From 2014 Rostelecom Cup | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova Withdraws From 2014 Rostelecom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeko666

Final Flight

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info! Not exactly five, but still surprising, yeah.

But not five falls in one performance and that doesn't consider a seriously flawed short program like Hanyu. Three falls in one program is horrific; five falls is like fifty percent or more of the jumping passes on one's butt.

Crystallize

On the Ice
But not five falls in one performance and that doesn't consider a seriously flawed short program like Hanyu. Three falls in one program is horrific; five falls is like fifty percent or more of the jumping passes on one's butt.

Hanyu? He didn't win though. Not sure what you're talking about.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hanyu didn't win. :p

flutz16

Match Penalty
Sotnikova needs to return at least to get a Worlds medal or else
she will be the only single lady skater in history to win OGM but with no Worlds medal ?

starlight97

Final Flight
Sotnikova needs to return at least to get a Worlds medal or else
she will be the only single lady skater in history to win OGM but with no Worlds medal ?

Wouldn't she even be the only Olympic Gold Medalist in Ladies skating who has never won any other senior international event?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, but this winning that she wants and that people want to see won't happen with a torn ligament, she must cure that injury first, otherwise it can end her career forever.
The part of her body that's injured is basically the most essential one for competitive skating- the ankle on which she lands her jumps.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wouldn't she even be the only Olympic Gold Medalist in Ladies skating who has never won any other senior international event?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, but this winning that she wants and that people want to see won't happen with a torn ligament, she must cure that injury first, otherwise it can end her career forever.
The part of her body that's injured is basically the most essential one for competitive skating- the ankle on which she lands her jumps.

She did win the Golden Spin of Zagreb back in 2011: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Golden_Spin_of_Zagreb

She had no competition there but it's still a senior international event.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Hanyu did win silver with 5 falls in the free skate! Together with a flawed SP! (A travesty allowed by the current judging system!)

flawed SP you say ? Did he fall in SP ? Basing on PCS of others in SP he totally deserved his PCS score as in terms of performance, ss etc he was the best in the field.

AprilS

On the Ice
flawed SP you say ? Did he fall in SP ? Basing on PCS of others in SP he totally deserved his PCS score as in terms of performance, ss etc he was the best in the field.

Yeah... You can't even really say that the technical errors marred the performance because it didn't. To a casual observer, it really only looked like he stepped out of one jump :p

Crystallize

On the Ice
Hanyu did win silver with 5 falls in the free skate! Together with a flawed SP! (A travesty allowed by the current judging system!)

My apologies. I guess I missed the memo that said winning a silver was winning the event. I have more complaints about the fact that both Hanyu and Yan were allowed to skate despite the possibility of concussions after their collision. I would rather focus on that considering a person's health and safety is more important than a medal. But, anyway, this is supposed to be a thread about Adelina... :slink:

Last edited:

leafygreens

Final Flight
WHAT??????I hope she recovers soon........... because she is going to wins everything!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: She'll win everything! As soon as she competes next time, well next time, no, next time, I swear! She's really going to win it this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming she sits out this season, does that mean she'll fall behind the pack for next season?

She has never been ahead of the pack except for a dubious gold medal.

Questionable withdrawal.

I think she didn't prepare for skating,

and Russian federation can't accept it because she must remain the Queen of Russia.

Yes. About as legit as Roza Galieva's knee injury (gymnast- 1992.) The RSF saw her recent competition (Cup of Russia?). She did not skate like an OGM so they paid her good money and pulled her. I saw it coming a mile away that Adelina would never compete outside of Russia again, but it looks like they don't want her competing inside Russia either. It would be too embarrassing for them.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
:laugh: She'll win everything! As soon as she competes next time, well next time, no, next time, I swear! She's really going to win it this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has never been ahead of the pack except for a dubious gold medal.

Yes. About as legit as Roza Galieva's knee injury (gymnast- 1992.) The RSF saw her recent competition (Cup of Russia?). She did not skate like an OGM so they paid her good money and pulled her. I saw it coming a mile away that Adelina would never compete outside of Russia again, but it looks like they don't want her competing inside Russia either. It would be too embarrassing for them.

It's pretty hilarious to read that 9 months later, people are still bitter over her OGM.

Status
Not open for further replies.