2023 Cranberry Cup International | Aug 9-13 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Cranberry Cup International | Aug 9-13

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watched the men’s practise. Really liked Jimmy Ma’s program.

Unfortunately more dreary music this year from the guys. Sigh!

My second fav Wesley Choi’s music. Surprised Lucas Broussard picked dreary also.

I’m in the West rink now instead of watching the beginning of the women’s short. I want to see if Max Naumov skates his free at 1:45.

Ilia’s father is here. He held the outside door open. For me.
What is Jimmy skating to?

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Some of the scores shocking. Lucas? Great for Jimmy and glad he's returning to skate programs suited to his taste for the SP. Was hoping for a bit better for Donovan. Wesley should move up. Maybe we'll get to see some videos.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like Donovan must have fallen? Stepped out? of his quad and his 3A. Perhaps that affected his PCS scores. Still, it is his first comp since surgery and he changed coaches this summer, so I'll patient. :)

Good for Jimmy performing well at his home training rink.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll speak up for Lindsay. The most recent videos I've seen looked promising. Much stronger basic stroking, better speed, more mature presence.

I'm not surprised her PCS have risen a bit, because the quality of her skating is better.
I thought her score would have been higher. The time violation, I think its because she started a little late. Her speed has improved and her jumps are good. I like her program and her dress. I saw her and I told her she had a really good skate and she thanked me.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A couple notes on the ladies short program. The skating club of Boston is beautiful, I'm sad that so few people were there. Also, the concessions were closed and for people that stayed for the men that is a little unfortunate.

I really like Katherine Karon, she had a cartwheel and a beautiful pink dress.
Ava had a rough warm up , but she shaked her nerves off and performed beautifully.
Lindsay skated to Windmills Of your mind and its a good program for her.
Fiona is a delight and I love her yellow dress.
Sonja , I saw her warming up and she was cheerful. Her pc's are a crime. She is a charismatic skater.
Kaiya was really good and I think slightly underscored.
Elyce lovely pink dress and she is one to watch.
Poor Lindsay Wang, she fell and hit her head. It took her a moment to get up, it was really scary. When she got up, she exited the rink. It was so sad, and I hope she is okay.
Wren, I love her program to the Beatles. My husband really liked her.
Sarah is really an up and coming skater. She popped her Lutz , so her score easily could be 60 points plus. I think she has a bright future.
Clare was really good, her score was low because she fell on her final spin, just a freak fall. Easily a 60 point plus skater.
Tara, I love her program and her commitment to her program, pc's too low. And Donovan watched her skate. :)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Good luck to all the Canadians today!
Also, good luck to the wonderful Tara 🇮🇳

Hoping Fiona moves up to 7th and scores over 155 alongside Amy; those are two Canadian ladies capable of scoring over the Canadian minimum requirement 😉
Also, how can I not root for the unique Sonja Hilmer. Too bad I can’t see her skate her phenomenal free skate program.

As for the final group, I hope Kaiya moves up and grabs a bronze medal 🥉
She is still in contention and took a huge risk going for the difficult 3Lz 3Lo combo.

As for the final two…. I’m kinda hoping Lindsay wins. But, Ava kinda needs this more. I have a feeling if Ava skates well here…. She will be given the extra spot at Skate America.