2014-2015 GPF Short Dance 12/12 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Short Dance 12/12

Meoima

Match Penalty
Agreed. Especially on their first lift. The twizzles were also kinda "spun" by Madeline, so +2's across the board were a bit generous IMO (as were the +3's on W/P's twizzles).

For the top dance teams in the world, there was a lot of tightness and minor errors. :slink:
The Shibs were underscored IMO. Maybe it has to do with skating in the first group? I wonder why Marina's politics doesn't work for the Shibs.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
One judge gave C/B two 10.00 :shocked:

:laugh: Perhaps that US judge felt CH and IN were the only PCS categories he/she could get away with awarding 10.00's. :rolleye:

Also, 9.00's for P/E for a performance with a very blatant double fall that ended off the music. Like, judges, what the heck!?!?

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
looking on protocols I'm shell-shocked about GOE and that two 10's for Madisona and Evan - yes, they have some good tech basis and present well in certain-themed programs, but giving 2's and 3's for that medicore paso with stumbles and a fall? II'm not a fan...With that a PCS for Kaitlyn and Andrew should be like 38...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
:laugh: Perhaps that US judge felt CH and IN were the only PCS categories he/she could get away with awarding 10.00's. :rolleye:

Also, 9.00's for P/E for a performance with a fall. Like, judges, what the heck!?!?

Same judge gave 6.75 for IN to I/Z. Their average is still 8.32 :biggrin:

TMC

Record Breaker

Also, 9.00's for P/E for a performance with a very blatant double fall that ended off the music. Like, judges, what the heck!?!?

Well, if you can get 8s with 5 falls then...

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I can't believe the judges placed C/B ahead of S/S even G/P were better. C/B looked so flat, almost boring than the fall...how on earth can that be second? Mark 10 after a fall??? Shoot the judges with a water cannon, may be they wake up!

LisaM

Medalist
Yknow hopefully I/Z's stutters were because they spent so much time perfecting their FD.
:points:

Matt K

On the Ice
Lol, some time back, weren't people saying the judges will now dump Weaver/Poje and they'll end up behind Papadakis/Cizeron? :popcorn:

Maybe they still need to polish a few aspects of the skate (extension, stability on some of the one-foot steps), but they were in a league of their own today.

None of the other teams had good extension though, so that does not matter in the marks. We have seen countless times, even recently, that details and quality hardly have any bearing on scores. We should be asking Shibs, C/B, W/P, and the like to improve their extension and lines but it does not really matter in the end.

W/P never seem comfortable in their skating. I wonder if they have reached some kind of a plateau in their skating.

C/B are just elements, elements, jump, elements, pose, element. Boring.

I hope Bobrova/Soloviev (figuratively) destroys everybody at Euros.

MIM

Medalist
I hope so...especially I wish that Gabriella and Guillaume will go for it without pressure and give 200 percent on ice

Yep, yep! They have the strong FD. I am rooting for them! I think their SD was not that bad. Although the mistake was unfortunate, I still like their presence on ice!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
W/P were awesome. Their SD is the best for me. Shibs did it so precisely, but they are boring as always. C/B? They are overscored in the whole season. C/P exciting to watch.

TMC

Record Breaker
Geez... I used to disagree on the 10 given to V/M and D/W, let alone C/B :disapp:

I was just thinking that! I mean I'm a massive D/W and V/M fan but I didn't always agree with even the 10s they got! Smh

whatif

Medalist
I see Ms Jennifer Mast is trying to out-10 Susan Heffernan?

What's with all the 10s for some favourites?

Also, looking at the protocols, surprisingly no favours by Alla Shekhovtseva towards Ruslena. Though there was some good opportunity here.

Matt K

On the Ice
I see Ms Jennifer Mast is trying to out-10 Susan Heffernan?

What's with all the 10s for some favourites?

Also, looking at the protocols, surprisingly no favours by Alla Shekhovtseva towards Ruslena. Though there was some good opportunity here.

:laugh::laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well happy to see the Shibs in bronze position, though I predicted them off the podium (call me a pessimistic fan). I hope they hold on to it! Would be nice for them to medal at GPF for the first time.

Haven't see any of the videos (working!) so can't comment on anything yet.