2014-2015 GPF Short Dance 12/12 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Short Dance 12/12

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
What the hell happened to this competition?! My brother in law just became a cop. I had to way too much too drink at his party. I watched this dance competition and the results were way off from my predictions..... Oh well I/Z forever!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I see Ms Jennifer Mast is trying to out-10 Susan Heffernan?

What's with all the 10s for some favourites?

Also, looking at the protocols, surprisingly no favours by Alla Shekhovtseva towards Ruslena. Though there was some good opportunity here.

Only american athletes got 10.00s at GPF so far. They must be really good :shocked::sarcasm:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
De gustibus and all that jazz a tango.

We really need a SHRUG icon. LOL!

GS already has a shrug icon: :confused2:. (I find myself using it quite often. ;))

Only american athletes got 10.00s at GPF so far. They must be really good :shocked::sarcasm:

In pairs, Duhamel/Radford received at least one 10.00 at this year's GPF. Radford tweeted about it.

beabstress

On the Ice
Sounds weird to say, considering that he had a few stumbles, but Ruslan--in my opinion--looked better than ever today. More commanding. More mature. He and Elena truly come across as a *team* and I just love how she reassured him right after they finished. They're in it together!

According to the ISU judges' evaluation procedure, judge #1 for Chock and Bates will be evaluated for an "anomaly." For the short dance a judge is allowed a 5-point discrepancy (the "corridor") from the average of the panel in total GOEs and separately a 5-point discrepancy for total PCSs. This judge has a total of 4.39 points over the average in GOE, so just barely escapes official scrutiny on the GOEs.

For PCSs, however, judge #1 is uniformly too high by a total of 5.17 points. According to the ISU rules this will automatically be reviewed by members of judging oversight committee and, unless they side with the odd judge against the majority, the committee is supposed to issue an "assessment." Three assessment during the year and the judge faces the possibility of penalties and sanctions.

This actually happens. About ten times a year, or so, for ice dance, I think. Less frequently for pairs and singles.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
GS already has a shrug icon: :confused2:. (I find myself using it quite often. ;))

In pairs, Duhamel/Radford received at least one 10.00 at this year's GPF. Radford tweeted about it.

Thank you for the reminder about the shrug icon. I suspect I may give you a run for your money in terms of usage in the near future. LOL!

Alba

Record Breaker
I kinda cringed when he tweeted it. I mean... :slink:

I replied to him but than deleted. I was a bit ironic and there was no need, he was just happy about it.
But a bit of self-awareness about their slating wouldn't hurt, IMO.
I was laughing even with the 10 given to V&T for the JCS in Sochi.

Alba

Record Breaker
I have a question, help.

Will I&Z have any benefits for being in GPF in terms of world ranking points? I mean, will they have more point or something?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have a question, help.

Will I&Z have any benefits for being in GPF in terms of world ranking points? I mean, will they have more point or something?

Yes. GPF is worth more ranking points. However it will simply count as one of their GP points, i.e. the lower scoring GP (as far as ranking points) will go away. However, it's still a net increase in points.

THey got 360 and 292 so far. Even if they remain in 6th, they will still get 472 points, a net gain of 180 points for GP events.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I have a question, help.

Yes, they will get more experience as a team, and have the clout of being in a high-level competition. This is exactly the environment they need to be in before Russian Nats. As someone pointed out, better to have stumbles here than at Russian Nats. As we saw, I/Z had a jittery first GP and then an excellent 2nd GP event... so perhaps the jittery event here will set themselves up better for Russian Nats.

And of course the prize money! :party2:

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes. GPF is worth more ranking points. However it will simply count as one of their GP points, i.e. the lower scoring GP (as far as ranking points) will go away. However, it's still a net increase in points.

Oh great. Thanks Mrs.P :)

I suppose the Europeans as well, if they go there and do good, will help. Right?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Which is actually a big jump. Even if they place last, they'll get 180 points more than their CoC Ranking points. If they manage to come 5th, it's 233 points higher, which is considerable if you look at how close some teams are in the world standings (http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsdance.htm).

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, they will get more experience as a team, and have the clout of being in a high-level competition. This is exactly the environment they need to be in before Russian Nats. As someone pointed out, better to have stumbles here than at Russian Nats. As we saw, I/Z had a jittery first GP and then an excellent 2nd GP event... so perhaps the jittery event here will set themselves up better for Russian Nats.

And of course the prize money! :party2:

True. I'm just a bit sad they didn't skate their best here, for my pleasure. :biggrin:

They truly need to climb up a bit because skating early it hurts.