Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 278 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Madness-Overload

On the Ice
Javier's words presenting Yuzuru:

Yuzu is a natural conquer as we see him. He is a great skater and person and I just wanted to wish him all the luck in the world for the next competitions. Is a pleasure that he had been here with us and that he made us enjoy skating.

Yuzusan

On the Ice
Well, i'm so busy that I did not know GFP was on Friday but at least i wasn't worry about him as I did not know :)
Anyway, I watched his SP and LP and I have few comments:
First, he speaks spanish in the same way that he speaks english with his japanese accent, and it is so cute .
Second, seeing his face after his performance, with a large smile and a joyful face, I was so glad to see these feelings from him.
Then concerning the performance itself, I must say I'm astonished that he did so well despite all what he has suffered during the previous months. 2 falls avoidable if he was better prepared (with no injury, collision etc...) so i'm confident for the next year.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
great gala and yuzu-javi is just killing me, intruducing eachother omg :love: and final time traveler, annca you must be happy :laugh: just wish he used old costume

yay

On the Ice
My Eng listening skill has let me down - would someone tell me, please, whad did BEsp guys say? "he may be one of the greatest if not the greatest :)biggrin:) as long as he [???]

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
My Eng listening skill has let me down - would someone tell me, please, whad did BEsp guys say? "he may be one of the greatest if not the greatest :)biggrin:) as long as he [???]

doens´t injured himself... or something alike

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
This has been such an amazing week, and I feel incredibly lucky to have here to see it happen. The Gala was terrific! Everybody on form, and Yuzu and Javi introducing each other (Yuzu in Spanish!) and Yuzu telling Javi to go for another round!
The Japanese ladies behind us asked if we would meet in Shanghai, sigh. Not gonna happen, but after the gala I found myself talking to my travel companion about Worlds 2017. Whoops! Now see what you did, Yuzu!!! Tsk. ;-)

yay

On the Ice
Thank you, cruzceleste!

Earlier in this thread I said I hated POTO music. The boy has just made me adore it.

Last edited:

zeldaindisguise

Rinkside
I'm rewatching the FS in Spanish this time and I really love those commentator ladies. I'm not a translator by any means, but as close as I can get in English, it's:

(During the replay)

(First lady)"Just look, with concentration the-- nervousness that he gave you 4-5 years ago when so-- when he was so small, so young. Ripped out----
(Second lady cuts in) ---But there- there- I remember that there was when we already saw it. That we would say: 'This guy, is going to give us something to talk about!'"

[...]

(First lady)"It would have been a pretty Final, too, without Yuzuru Hanyu, but it had become an extraordinary final with Yuzuru Hanyu."

CrystalClear

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Reflecting back on the events of this weekend, it is evident to me that this was not "just another" GPF for Yuzuru. I can see why he gave every ounce of everything he had just for the chance to be a part of it. For him and Javi to be able to share it and celebrate together was truly priceless.

In just the past 48 hours, he quieted his critics, calmed the worriers, boosted his confidence, and provided us three incredible, unforgettable performances. I cannot watch them enough, and each time it's all brand new again.

As tragic as the events of COC, I think it would have been more tragic for him not to have had this Grand Prix final experience, to have to watch from afar and wonder what could have been. And just to think that we came within 0.15 points of that actually happening. I am truly thankful that he does not have to feel that type of regret.

Yuzuru asked after NHK for his fans to continue to support him, and so that is what I set to do. Sometimes as a fan living on the other side of the world, I wonder what I can really do to show support. So I generated every ounce of positive energy that I could muster and aimed it directly his way, I calmed my own nerves, and then I watched him skate...and then I cried and cheered!!! and cried some more. I'm certain all of his other fans did as well, and I really think that he felt our spirits, and it helped him to skate well and to win!

Now he can go into Japanese Nationals confident and relaxed and focus on achieving what he considers to be "perfect" because he is already perfect in my eyes.

For me, I will just continue to watch and wish him well along the way.

Three cheers for Yuzuru!!! and Javi too!

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I'm rewatching the FS in Spanish this time and I really love those commentator ladies. I'm not a translator by any means, but as close as I can get in English, it's:

(During the replay)

(First lady)"Just look, with concentration the-- nervousness that he gave you 4-5 years ago when so-- when he was so small, so young. Ripped out----
(Second lady cuts in) ---But there- there- I remember that there was when we already saw it. That we would say: 'This guy, is going to give us something to talk about!'"

[...]

(First lady)"It would have been a pretty Final, too, without Yuzuru Hanyu, but it had become an extraordinary final with Yuzuru Hanyu."

Do you have the link?

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Reflecting back on the events of this weekend, it is evident to me that this was not "just another" GPF for Yuzuru. I can see why he gave every ounce of everything he had just for the chance to be a part of it. For him and Javi to be able to share it and celebrate together was truly priceless.

In just the past 48 hours, he quieted his critics, calmed the worriers, boosted his confidence, and provided us three incredible, unforgettable performances. I cannot watch them enough, and each time it's all brand new again.

As tragic as the events of COC, I think it would have been more tragic for him not to have had this Grand Prix final experience, to have to watch from afar and wonder what could have been. And just to think that we came within 0.15 points of that actually happening. I am truly thankful that he does not have to feel that type of regret.

Yuzuru asked after NHK for his fans to continue to support him, and so that is what I set to do. Sometimes as a fan living on the other side of the world, I wonder what I can really do to show support. So I generated every ounce of positive energy that I could muster and aimed it directly his way, I calmed my own nerves, and then I watched him skate...and then I cried and cheered!!! and cried some more. I'm certain all of his other fans did as well, and I really think that he felt our spirits, and it helped him to skate well and to win!

Now he can go into Japanese Nationals confident and relaxed and focus on achieving what he considers to be "perfect" because he is already perfect in my eyes.

For me, I will just continue to watch and wish him well along the way.

Three cheers for Yuzuru!!! and Javi too!

:clap: