Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 279 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

PrincessBeany

Rinkside
I'm still in awe of yesterday. Truly inspirational. Congrats to Yuzu for everything he accomplished this weekend. We're all so proud.

I also wrote some thoughts on yesterdays amazing skate on my blog: http://wp.me/2oapy

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Reflecting back on the events of this weekend, it is evident to me that this was not "just another" GPF for Yuzuru. I can see why he gave every ounce of everything he had just for the chance to be a part of it. For him and Javi to be able to share it and celebrate together was truly priceless.

In just the past 48 hours, he quieted his critics, calmed the worriers, boosted his confidence, and provided us three incredible, unforgettable performances. I cannot watch them enough, and each time it's all brand new again.

As tragic as the events of COC, I think it would have been more tragic for him not to have had this Grand Prix final experience, to have to watch from afar and wonder what could have been. And just to think that we came within 0.15 points of that actually happening. I am truly thankful that he does not have to feel that type of regret.

Yuzuru asked after NHK for his fans to continue to support him, and so that is what I set to do. Sometimes as a fan living on the other side of the world, I wonder what I can really do to show support. So I generated every ounce of positive energy that I could muster and aimed it directly his way, I calmed my own nerves, and then I watched him skate...and then I cried and cheered!!! and cried some more. I'm certain all of his other fans did as well, and I really think that he felt our spirits, and it helped him to skate well and to win!

Now he can go into Japanese Nationals confident and relaxed and focus on achieving what he considers to be "perfect" because he is already perfect in my eyes.

For me, I will just continue to watch and wish him well along the way.

Three cheers for Yuzuru!!! and Javi too!

wow great post, exactly my feelings, cant imagine the disappointment he would feel if he couldnt make it to finals

giulia95

Medalist
Haaaa!! I’m addicted to Yuzu’s FS

Tiger eyes, killer instinct then explosive happiness!!!
I wander if judges were confused by that laser gaze and if the audience could catch it too!:laugh:

It’s umbelievable how the lost NHK kid has fully recovered! GOOOOO YUZUUU!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Yuzusan

On the Ice
Now what is the next ? I saw de 4 Continents is in February so what is the program between december and februrary .

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Can I just say again how much I adore that new EX costume :love: it's sooo so so so pretty, I was so happy to see him in it (and so so happy that there must be tons of pictures of that thing now :biggrin:)

Truth be told, I wasn't even that much of a fan of this time traveller EX before. It was ok but not much more than that. But this today was just so, so........ if I have ever said anything against this program I'm hereby taking it back and saying the complete opposite. I'm pretty sure he could do the chicken dance and I'd still be in awe :eek:

And at ssome point we might just need a Yuzuvier Bromance thread or whatever :laugh: sooner or later those two dorks are going to be the death of me

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I am a little sad that he missed that final lutz yesterday :biggrin: I really wanted him to break 200 , but he will do it sooner or later, i am sure

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I am a little sad that he missed that final lutz yesterday :biggrin: I really wanted him to break 200 , but he will do it sooner or later, i am sure

me too but now i think it would be like reading last page of book and knowing whats gonna happen,
but instead yuzuru puts us on a journey and what a journey that is, with all of the ups and downs, excitement, sadness, happiness, every emotion possible :laugh: if he wasnt like that life would be boring

btw does anyone know where will he go after finals? japan or canada?

sajoya

On the Ice
His ex was nice, as always. But I do hope in the next season he has a more upbeat and fun ex to skate to. I actually miss seeing him let loose, like the Change or Somebody to love exhibitions. They were entertaining.

Lindacrow

Final Flight
Interview with Matsuoka-san and Nobu!

If you look closely, you can see a clip holding the medal's ribbon behind his neck. I guess this medal's ribbon is too long on this one too! :laugh2:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Now what is the next ? I saw de 4 Continents is in February so what is the program between december and februrary .

Assuming he does well enough at nationals (and why shouldn't he), he will make the Worlds team... So he very likely won't be at 4CC.
Right?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Yay, just found a Spanish newspaper that actually featured a photo of Hanyu instead of Fernandez. Yummy. :)

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Oh wow he puts the medal around Matsuoka's neck, and he seems pretty serious about it after

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Assuming he does well enough at nationals (and why shouldn't he), he will make the Worlds team... So he very likely won't be at 4CC.
Right?

I think he may go to 4CC to try 3 quads, I don't think it would be the best idea to go to worlds and try 3 quads for the first time :biggrin:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker