2015 Europeans Men's Free Skate, Jan. 30 | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Men's Free Skate, Jan. 30

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Originally Posted by Jammers

I swear we saw more quality Men's skaters at US Nationals.

Maybe the Euro boys are saving it for Worlds while the Americans went all out at the Nationals. :slink:

gmyers

Record Breaker
It is a blight on figure skating when a stumbling, bumbling performance such as this mess of Kovton's can rate a silver medal in a major competition. This emphasis on rewarding jump revolutions regardless of the landing is preposterous!

That's the IJS! Landings not as important as revolutions. Revolutions is the skill not landing.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Perhaps they find it difficult to re-peak properly after Nationals (well, Russian men I mean). Fernandez had a minor injury, and Brezina is just Brezina.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
I love Javi but a 9 for choreography and 9.14 for performance is kinda a joke

Alba

Record Breaker
With the expected Russian sweep, I don't think the ladies event will be very exciting either. Unless one (or more) of them implode, of course, which will be fun to watch.

So, you were complaining about men imploding, but you think it's fun if the russian girls do that. How does this work? :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The GOE floors me. Javi received more -2s than -3s for his fallen 4S. Kovtun received a few -2s and even one -1 for his own awful 4S (not to mention mainly -1s, two 0s and even one +1 for his 4T). I think the judges for this competition were out to lunch, especially combined with the TES from the short.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Such a depressing competition :hopelessness: Anyway, good for Javi and his third European title in a row :dance:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
So, you were complaining about men imploding, but you think it's fun if the russian girls do that. How does this work? :laugh:
Because priority goes like this: Stopping the evil Russians from sweeping the podium > clean, good performances.

Alba

Record Breaker
The GOE floors me. Javi received more -2s than -3s for his fallen 4S. Kovtun received a few -2s and even one -1 for his own awful 4S (not to mention mainly -1s, two 0s and even one +1 for his 4T). I think the judges for this competition were out to lunch, especially combined with the TES from the short.

+3 for the SteSq, no negative GoE's for his 2Lutz, 9s for IN and PE.:unsure:
I thought his SP was scored ok, but this is not.