Nfl 2014-2015 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Nfl 2014-2015

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tom Brady is the man :cheer: :cheer2:

Nothing against the Hawks though...I just would love to see Tom get another ring.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:agree:

But the sports talking heads disagree with each other about it. The question was whether Dez was reaching for the goal line, and whether that was "a football move."

I think it was, but I can see how someone could say that he didn't have control before the football move, and therefore it wasn't one. These arguments make my head hurt.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Andrew Luck who? :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I'm so happy. Just one more game! :cheer:

makaihime

Final Flight
Didn't follow this season but seeing that its between the Pats and Seahawks, team no one :sarcasm:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Didn't follow this season but seeing that its between the Pats and Seahawks, team no one :sarcasm:

I take it you're a Pete Carroll anti-fan? Or that you were rooting for other teams?

Anyway, one of two Seahawks fans on those boards in a sea of Patriot fans....so next week will be interesting. The drama of today's men's free skate will be nil compared to next week!

Snow63

Record Breaker
I am so excited! :hopelessness: I need a vacation a week before and after the SB. I'm too pumped up!

Skategmt

On the Ice
I think it's gonna be a close game. Its going to come down to who has the better offensive line. Lynch is injured, which may limit what he is capable if doing. Unlike last Superbowl though, we have a healthy Gronk!!!!

Snow63

Record Breaker
Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski are Patriots' fans too!
"Johnny has always loved Tom Brady," Tara explained. "That's how it started."

But they were most excited about meeting a different Patriot at Media Day.

"We love Rob Gronkowski to no end," Johnny said. "I'm trying to make a match between Tara Lipinski – good Polish girl – and Gronkowski."

Turning to his fellow figure skating champ, he added, "Your kids would be amazing athletes. Olympic champion and maybe Super Bowl champion? I think that would be incredible."

While we'll have to wait and see if Lipinski and Gronkowski are a love match, one thing is for sure.

"We will look stunning on Sunday," Johnny said, emphatically. "We will steal the show and we will get Super Bowl rings."

Well, well, well :)

makaihime

Final Flight
I take it you're a Pete Carroll anti-fan? Or that you were rooting for other teams?

Anyway, one of two Seahawks fans on those boards in a sea of Patriot fans....so next week will be interesting. The drama of today's men's free skate will be nil compared to next week!

No I don't particularly have a grudge against either of them, I just don't have a horse in the race :popcorn: They're on pretty even playing fields so it should be entertaining to watch at least ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tom Brady is the Plushy of the pigskin!! Pulling hard for ya buddy!! Go Blue!!

makaihime

Final Flight
I found myself rooting for the Seahawks midway lol. A few bad calls from Brady and the Pats need to work on their defense. That was a gutsy call from Carroll during the play before HT and the Hawks had a couple of really good runs. Kearse's catch was amazing :laugh: That last play from Hawks though....why the hell would you not run that? That play's going to haunt Russell's nightmares :disapp: And the fight at the end was ridiculous.

Overall, good game :thumbsup: If the Seahawks won, I would have give the MVP to Chris Matthews :biggrin:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
First, congrats to the Patriots They stayed in the game when they were at the most vulnerable (3rd and 18!!) and kept going to get the lead. That made the game interesting.

Unfortunately, the Seahawks has no one but themselves to blame for the loss. Obviously the boneheaded move of not running the ball at 2nd and goal with 30 seconds left was one. But honestly, it shouldn't have come down to that one play. Looking at the game of the whole, the fact our offense had -5 in rushing yards for the first quarter, is a bit disconcerting. Basically, the team depended TOO much on the defense -- they basically were the heart of the game. It's no surprise they got tired in the 4th quarter, the offense just didn't give them enough time to breathe.

The Seahawks, quite frankly, is a time that plays big and gambles. And as I said to my friends -- that makes for fantastic television -- but sometimes you just have to play the basics. In that sense, the Patriots won because of that. Patriots kept getting 1st downs, keep wearing the defense down.

But yes, I agree, Chris Matthews played well! Just to think he got off the practice squad just two months ago. That's the only silver lining for me in this whole thing.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Best darn Super Bowl Game Evaaaaah! Congrats to the Patriots!

Snow63

Record Breaker
:yay::party2::hb::cheer2::dance:

I am dying from happiness right now. One of the best games I've ever seen! Both teams played so well! And what I love the most is that even in the end, when everything looked bad for the Pats, they never seemed like they doubted they're gonna win. I doubted. But they believed. They fighted 'till the end.
Both teams made mistakes today, stupid interceptions by both sides. Both teams could have won earlier, but it was fair in the end. IMO, best team have won tonight.
Congratulations, Pats' fans. What an amazing night. Too bad I can't celebrate, since I'm at work. And I haven't sleep last night because of the game, so my eyes are burning. But it truly worth it. Tommy is four time SB Champion. Four rings, baby!

P.S. I was going to leave here a couple of comments about Halftime show. But oh well, I'm in a good mood so I'll just say it wasn't great. Yeah.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, Snow63, I can at least know that some of my GS friends are happy right now. :thumbsup:

Agreed with halftime, except for Missy Elliott! Love that lady. #Getyourfreakon

Snow63

Record Breaker
Well, Snow63, I can at least know that some of my GS friends are happy right now. :thumbsup:

Agreed with halftime, except for Missy Elliott! Love that lady. #Getyourfreakon

And why you're not happy? The game was AMAZING :)