Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 545 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Plumededragon

Medalist
Love this boy. He is so honest. His first reaction Javier’s FS score (and hence his own ranking) at WC 2015: https://40.media.tumblr.com/0744c315440d6d99abac83e56c970ecc/tumblr_nlz7e4D7Wy1rp3ki0o1_1280.jpg
I'm glad he openly showed it. :) It's no wonder he was a bit shocked for a few seconds that he wasn't first anymore, but did approve Javier's winning right after that. I remember his face in the K&C after his FD. To me, he really looked like he knew it wouldn't be good and surely not enough to win if Javier did a good performance after him. Didn't stop him for cheering after him right after. The "Go Javier!" got me grinning. :biggrin:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, seriously guys, who feels sleep deprived after worlds? I mean yesterday I woke up BY MYSELF at 3 in the morning to check out the results for the ladies event. Then I tried to go back to sleep until my alarm went off to watch the men's event.

Wow, this forum is updating so fast I can't catch up. Still hasn't sunk in that Yuzuru got 2nd. Oh well. I'm happy he medaled.

Eloyse

On the Ice
Did you come to Shanghai just to watch the championship, or you were already there for work or study ?

Just to watch the championship;)Actually I flew almost half the earth to meet Yuzu...there were disappointments of course (that is, I think Yuzu skated his fs very slow and laboured. Such a pity that this time I couldn't get to see his fast and "floating" skating skill), but overall Yuzu is much more perfect than I expected. He has the strongest presence on the ice. He really commands you to fix your eyes on him. Just like others have said, he has a very special aura around him which none of the other skaters have. I have so many good things to say about him that I don't know what to say now:hopelessness:

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
Okay, seriously guys, who feels sleep deprived after worlds? I mean yesterday I woke up BY MYSELF at 3 in the morning to check out the results for the ladies event. Then I tried to go back to sleep until my alarm went off to watch the men's event.

Wow, this forum is updating so fast I can't catch up. Still hasn't sunk in that Yuzuru got 2nd. Oh well. I'm happy he medaled.

This happened to me during GPF barcelona. I just automatically woke up at 4am without any alarm clock just before yuzuru's turn to skate

Plumededragon

Medalist
^^^ looks like Javi didn't get it too. Only Nam did :laugh2:

Translation of the interview
Thank you for the link! That was very interesting to read. I really liked those parts:

"I mean… as all of you have been saying, this season really has been a harsh one with lots of ups and downs. Within myself, I had assumed that I had everything under control, but it turns out I didn’t- and that’s probably why I performed the way I did yesterday. But now that I think about it, there’s also a part of me that’s a bit relieved I didn’t have everything under control, because that means I still have room to grow from now on."

"I don’t know how to put it, but I guess you would say that there were a lot of parts in my programs that were not very good. But within that, I feel like I have grown a lot and that this failure, and this experience of losing will take me very far from now on."

This is the kind of thing I like to read/hear. I was already glad that Javi has won because he was the clear winner, but that makes me happy that Yuzuru knows that he can only learn and grow from this.:agree:

Gala practice photos: #1, #2
Dinner photos: #1, #2

He looks like he's having a great fun time!
:biggrin: I hope there will be more pics coming up! (on a side note, I love Zijunn, such a beautiful skater and she looks soooo pretty! :love: I hope the next season will go better for her).

Last edited:

danni

On the Ice
Last edited: