Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 566 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

oriquey

Final Flight
Am I getting this right? So Yuzuru was skating with stitches? :drama:

Well, I think he had stitches that should start dissolving a week after surgery and not the usual stitches. Sometimes it doesnt disappear properly and leave remnants inside. Hence, it can cause an infection.

Caustica

Final Flight
Probably・・preliminary report was internet web news.
But・・・・In japan, many internet news incloding many 'goship' for their views.(and 'Advertising expenses'→their site.)

So,I don't trast all internet news.(but my solid decision swing when cute news and foto comes:rolleye:)

Apparently it has been reported on TV too though. :(

shival

Spectator
It's difficult to know how serious the situation, but it should be controlled if he delay to remove stitches.
moreover, I think he need surgery ASAP (just minor surgery to remove stitches).

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Can anyone explain how serious this situation is? Have an abdominal inflammation and still train quads and compete? What is the worst possible consequence?

I'm no doctor or anything, but from what I've studied, it sounds like a granuloma (though I can't be sure). It's a nodule of immune cells that try to isolate a foreign object (the stitches in this case). When the object is removed, the nodule may disappear by itself or with the help of antiinflamatory agents. However, it's still inflammation so it can hurt, I'm not sure how safe it is to compete like this, more because of the spins than the jumps because they cause tension on the area where the scar is. It can cause infection but, again, it should disappear with antibiotics and once the stitches are removed. Massages and topic steroids can also be a treatment. Definitely non-life threatening but, of course, not the best conditions to compete. But if his doctors say he's clear to compete then it can't be that serious.

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
I am wondering how the media got a hold of this news though? From the articles it didn't say where the source is, like not from JSF, and I don't think it's from Hanyu-san's camp either. Although they are top athletes, confidentiality between medical professional and patients should still apply so I don't think the medical staff told the media either.

ahkeekee

Medalist
I'm no doctor or anything, but from what I've studied, it sounds like a granuloma (though I can't be sure). It's a nodule of immune cells that try to isolate a foreign object (the stitches in this case). When the object is removed, the nodule may disappear by itself or with the help of antiinflamatory agents. However, it's still inflammation so it can hurt, I'm not sure how safe it is to compete like this, more because of the spins than the jumps because they cause tension on the area where the scar is. It can cause infection but, again, it should disappear with antibiotics and once the stitches are removed. Definitely non-life threatening but, of course, not the best conditions to compete. But if his doctors say he's clear to compete then it can't be that serious.

Ouch! That sounds absolutely painful and comfortable to skate! Jsf, please make him withdraw and deal with his body first! He needs to be healthy for more honors (and perhaps money, which might be the main concern for jsf)!!!!
Yuzu, you can always redeem yourself next season! There's absolutely no need to make it this season if your body isn't ready for this!!! Can you be kinder to yourself, our Romeo, and us?

Rissa

Record Breaker
I am wondering how the media got a hold of this news though? From the articles it didn't say where the source is, like not from JSF, and I don't think it's from Hanyu-san's camp either. Although they are top athletes, confidentiality between medical professional and patients should still apply so I don't think the medical staff told the media either.

One of the reasons I'm still hoping it's April's Fool hoax. In my country media always add odd/false info (sometimes getting highest ranking authorities in it) so that people can have fun to try to guess what the joke ws. It's usually of the funny sort though.

Meoima

Match Penalty
One of the reasons I'm still hoping it's April's Fool hoax. In my country media always add odd/false info (sometimes getting highest ranking authorities in it) so that people can have fun to try to guess what the joke ws. It's usually of the funny sort though.
A comment on facebook:
Pika Ichi said:
in Japan we don't have april fools tradition. even though some ppl maybe making april fool jokes... beside the news all over news pappers and yahoo news top page this morning... ewww i wish he make wiser decision than postponed the surgery

Eloyse

On the Ice
I'm no doctor or anything, but from what I've studied, it sounds like a granuloma (though I can't be sure). It's a nodule of immune cells that try to isolate a foreign object (the stitches in this case). When the object is removed, the nodule may disappear by itself or with the help of antiinflamatory agents. However, it's still inflammation so it can hurt, I'm not sure how safe it is to compete like this, more because of the spins than the jumps because they cause tension on the area where the scar is. It can cause infection but, again, it should disappear with antibiotics and once the stitches are removed. Massages and topic steroids can also be a treatment. Definitely non-life threatening but, of course, not the best conditions to compete. But if his doctors say he's clear to compete then it can't be that serious.

Thank you so much for the info. It doesn't sound dangerous but it still sounds very painful:cry:I just wish he doesn't have to suffer any pain next season. As for the wtt I don't think he can skate clean or break his pb.

gsyzf

Medalist
I guess he really wants a redemption skate and it's about his pride. That's my guess. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
Oh I don't believe it was a joke. But I do think it may be exaggerated a bit, but who knows? At this point I don't think we can expect him to withdraw. And if he is delaying the procedure, I want to believe that his doctor said it was okay. He already learned once that rushing back to the rink only brings about more injury.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't wait for him to get a rested summer. He's had a lot happen to him this season. He deserves to rest after the WTT.

And let's hope that we won't get anymore heart attacks from anything happening to Yuzuru. And I mean of bad things.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Sigh...I've had enough worry this season to age me 10 years (something I can't afford..). I'll trust him and his team to have learned their lesson from CoC and not push it especially for something like the WTT.

But I think its a consensus that this is officially the worst season ever right? :scowl: From the very start (Finlandia) to the very end (WTT).....

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sigh...I've had enough worry this season to age me 10 years (something I can't afford..). I'll trust him and his team to have learned their lesson from CoC and not push it especially for something like the WTT.
But I think its a consensus that this is officially the worst season ever right? :scowl: From the very start (Finlandia) to the very end (WTT).....
Yes, his worst season ever and he still manage to win another GPF Gold and National Title and silver medal at WC. ;)
I am worried for him, to be honest. I hope to see him smile at WTT, truly enjoy it and no ice shows (or just a few) this summer. He needs a loooooooooooooooong rest.

Last edited:

danni

On the Ice
It seems Yuzu has some inflammation on the his abdominal cut because some dissolvable stitches failed to dissolve. So he will need another small surgery to remove those stitches. But considering WTT is approaching, he decided to delay the surgery.

Oh, my God...another bad news !!! Did not learn to put his health first ?