Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 568 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

giulia95

Medalist
He won so much respect since Worlds 2013, when he was in 9 th place after the SP and he had an outstanding skate at FP, and finished at 4 th place. We all saw at that time how ambitious and fighter he is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbHNC3Nkh44

Honestly he won so much respect and fame since World 2012, when he was in 7 place after the SP, had the most legendary FS of his life and won the bronze medal at 17 ; he had a sprained ankle, survived to the big earthquake, lost his home town rink, had poor/no money, an almost unknown genius coach and skated to 60 ice shows during the summer to train. Is it enough?:laugh:

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice

giulia95

Medalist
I think I read somewhere (or is it some of the people here? I forgot) that it was hard to make Yuzu WD from FT. (I think it's from the book Team Brian) I guess Borser must have nagged like a mom to him about this so much that Yuzu had to WD...... (sorry Borser)

I'm not sure Borser had to nag like a mom to Yuzu since a JSF medical certificate closed Yuzu's mouth istantaneously without a only one chance replay !:laugh:

Plumededragon

Medalist
I honestly think that Yuzuru wouldn't have set the surgery for after WTT if the condition was really serious. He always says that he acts according to the doctors' advice (so if they say he can do it, he will) so that means it's probably a stitch granuloma, as you guys said. It's still annoying for him, of course, but he can probably ignore it.
Finally, Kanako shares a pic with Yuzuru at banquet - only these two! He looks quite calm and relaxed and didn't even bother to stand up and make faces. Hope this bubbly girl can cheer up Yuzu a bit. :cheer:
As nice as it is to see them finally having a pic together, I'm more concerned for Kana, considering she felt like retiring prior WC. I hope she changed her mind. I mean, her FS didn't go well, but her SP did...

skatefan22

Medalist
As nice as it is to see them finally having a pic together, I'm more concerned for Kana, considering she felt like retiring prior WC. I hope she changed her mind. I mean, her FS didn't go well, but her SP did...

Who knows? This girl seems to forget about unpleasant things and recover pretty quickly. But she said she needs to discuss this with her coach. Some fans came across her at the hotel and tried to persuade her not to retire. She just smiled and thanked them. Her coach laughed a bit though. I just hope that she doesn't use WTT as an event to say goodbye to all the fans. That will be really sad.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It would be a great pity, since Kana-chan is a really expressive skater. But she doesn't seem the enjoy competition much. We will see. I'll support her whatever she decides.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Who knows? This girl seems to forget about unpleasant things and recover pretty quickly. But she said she needs to discuss this with her coach. Some fans came across her at the hotel and tried to persuade her not to retire. She just smiled and thanked them. Her coach laughed a bit though. I just hope that she doesn't use WTT as an event to say goodbye to all the fans. That will be really sad.
Yeah, same. Maybe she also needed time to adjust to this first season without Mao and Akiko at her side? She did say it wasn't very easy. Or maybe she'll choose not to retire, but decide to take the GP season off to rest, train and come back stronger? Better than seeing an artist like her retiring already.

ahkeekee

Medalist
New interview, not yet any translation. But there is a cute selfie video by Yuzuru himself.
http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/int_hanyu03_1.html

"Hi, it's Yuzuru Hanyu. A lot of things has happened to me here in this season, but I was able to make it this far. Thank you very much. I will work hard for the in future as well. Please support me."

Thanks for sharing! That's really cute! :love:

Looks like there is compilation of Yuzu's "fans"!!! (apparently, Yuzu's charisma does not only conquer humans!!!!) ;):biggrin::drama::party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27bE5v5XyfY

and this is so cute!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXD3M8ETTTg

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
If anybody in Japan looking for WTT ticket please message this fan directly, more info here.

Yuzu! stop playing with Jason's beanie and glasses :biggrin:

"Ya’ll giving the prince a damn headache… Lol" :laugh2:

Looks like Yuzu has to bring Nam home too :)

Finally, Kanako shares a pic with Yuzuru at banquet - only these two! He looks quite calm and relaxed and didn't even bother to stand up and make faces. Hope this bubbly girl can cheer up Yuzu a bit. :cheer:

Someone posted "Her hair on his shoulder, and touching a bit his cheek!" :laugh2:

Last edited:

danni

On the Ice
Honestly he won so much respect and fame since World 2012, when he was in 7 place after the SP, had the most legendary FS of his life and won the bronze medal at 17 ; he had a sprained ankle, survived to the big earthquake, lost his home town rink, had poor/no money, an almost unknown genius coach and skated to 60 ice shows during the summer to train. Is it enough?:laugh:

Yes, you're right .....since World 2012 I've watched him and I was amazed by his power to get throw all the difficulties he had in his life...he has an amazing spirit of fight.
Actually the FP in Worlds 2012 is the most beautiful free programme for me. He had a very powerful performance at 17 years and he amazed everyone.

Last edited:

danni

On the Ice
Yes, his worst season ever and he still manage to win another GPF Gold and National Title and silver medal at WC. ;)
I am worried for him, to be honest. I hope to see him smile at WTT, truly enjoy it and no ice shows (or just a few) this summer. He needs a loooooooooooooooong rest.

I agree with you but not only win, in my oppinion I think he skate with so much passion and flow at GPF, even at the Worlds after so many health issues and that is like a miracle to me. At Japanese Championships he had few mistakes, at the quad and in the first spin, because I wonder why he did't make the Biellman spin. I found out after this that he had abdominal pain since before the competition. And he fight with so much courage with all these. Because of that I think he deserves the name " Alien". :shocked: A human would not resist at so much pressure.

Last edited: