State of Russian Ladies in skating: 2014-15 Season | Page 40 | Golden Skate

State of Russian Ladies in skating: 2014-15 Season

Globetrotter

Medalist
The Russian ladies singles skates in the next 2015-2016 season will be a bloodbath. The competition is intense and whoever survives at Russian Nats are going to be hard core commando competitive skaters. It is brutal but clearly effective on a national level to pick your strongest competitors to hit the big stage.

whatif

Medalist
The Russian ladies singles skates in the next 2015-2016 season will be a bloodbath. The competition is intense and whoever survives at Russian Nats are going to be hard core commando competitive skaters. It is brutal but clearly effective on a national level to pick your strongest competitors to hit the big stage.

This sentence has been so overused in the past three years.

andromache

Record Breaker

For some reason this post makes me think of the tv show Game of Thrones :laugh:. Am I one of the few people rooting for Anna P. to make it out of the bloodbath next year? It seems unlikely with the competition from juniors coming up, but all she needs is some polishing and healing from injury to make her competitive with the top 2 seniors and top upcoming juniors. I feel an innate musicality when she skates that I don't get from any of the other Russian ladies, but I think like Carolina Kostner, it'll take time for her to mature to showcase what she's truly capable of.

Meoima

Match Penalty
For some reason this post makes me think of the tv show Game of Thrones :laugh:. Am I one of the few people rooting for Anna P. to make it out of the bloodbath next year? It seems unlikely with the competition from juniors coming up, but all she needs is some polishing and healing from injury to make her competitive with the top 2 seniors and top upcoming juniors. I feel an innate musicality when she skates that I don't get from any of the other Russian ladies, but I think like Carolina Kostner, it'll take time for her to mature to showcase what she's truly capable of.
You forgot that even Serarima and Evgenia might have no spot at WC as Adelina will come back. Not to forget Yulia. :hopelessness:

andromache

Record Breaker
You forgot that even Serarima and Evgenia might have no spot at WC as Adelina will come back. Not to forget Yulia. :hopelessness:

I still prefer Anna to everyone! And I'm pretty sure I'm alone in this regard :laugh:. Liza stands out to me because of her amazing jump technique of course, but besides Liza, I prefer Anna's lyricism to the rest of the Russian ladies. She lacks the polish of Yulia, but she seems to connect with music in a way none of the other ladies do. Granted, I've seen literally no one else express this opinion, so I might be imagining it, but I think she's a diamond in the rough. Even if she doesn't find herself among the top three Russian ladies next year, I'd like to see her persevere and improve to see how far she can go in a few more years. I see a lot of people comment on her coach's attitude as we perceive it during competitions, and I don't like to make inferences based on a few facial expressions, but even so, I wish she could train with a new coach who could really help her with the sloppy aspects of her skating to bring out the best in her. In my dreams, she'd train with Orser.

Flaya

Match Penalty
Oh, I adore Anna as well.

There is a certain musicality about her that is rare, to an extent she gives me off a Kiira Korpi vibe but not based on looks but based on her artistry and when she is on, she can jump so high!

Having said that, I believe it is unlikely she will make the team next year, I really hope to be proven wrong.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I loved Anna's SP this season even though I am in the minority. She really brought the Russian lady drama - reminded me of Butyrskaya. I did not care for her free program though...for me it fell completely flat when there were mistakes. I'm hoping for a full recovery for next season. If she can regain her consistency and confidence, she may make it back on the team - the puberty monster is coming for some of these girls in the next couple of years and she has already passed that hurdle.

Tutto

Record Breaker
There is an insider's info discussed on Russian board that Anna is leaving Tsareva for CSKA (presumably Vodorezova). Have no idea whether it is true. But won't be surprised a bit

Last edited:

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
There is an insider's info discussed on Russian board that Anna is leaving Tsareva for CSKA (presumably Vodorezova). Have no idea whether it is true. But won't be surprised a bit

Ok ... So until now we have a new coach for
Proklova - confirmed
Serafima - Spekulation .... Eventuelly back in St Peter with her old Coach
Anna - Spekulation

Some more :popcorn:

Macassar88

Medalist
i like Anna as well
Also for the musicality reason. But she needs time to refine it and learn to keep the performance going throughout an entire program and even when mistakes are made
Difficult prospect but I hope she can do it

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I do like Anna and I liked her Fireabird - she does have a mature look about her and a certain flair for drama but there are only 3 Russian world spots and you have the Tano Twins, Liza, Rad, not to mention Adelina, hopefully a revived Julia Lip and that doesn't even consider Leonova which probably means Makarova won't come back at all. Oh yeah Medeva too. And who knows who else.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
bing translate of the above article
Figure skater Anna Pogorilaâ: understand that significantly lowered the bar
Anna Pogorilaâ
© Ria Novosti/Vladimir Song
Russian ice dancer Anna Pogorilaâ in his interview to "r-sport" Maria Vorobieff shares his impressions from the past season, which she started with a win at the Canadian Grand Prix, cemented the success of debut European Championships bronze, and ended the year only 13 place World Championship.

-World Championship I have problem in examinations at school and early Pogorilaâ. -But also be distracted from studying, and the process of preparing for exams quickly bored.

What exams will take?

-English, algebra and biology.

-So, go learn from a coach?

-Yes, I go to the sports University, but then I get a second higher education-I do not want to be a coach. Can be a choreographer or coach to slip, but jumping to put children and strive to do it differently, I probably won't be able to.

-Anna, because before the change of profession you are pretty far, let's talk about food. What are your impressions of the season?

A difficult season, has performed erratically. And starts were the main problem. But, on the other hand, this is also the experience that did not exist, that the preparation is going well, and at the start, everything falls apart. But before the World Cup I'm so "naotdyhalas′" with his ankle injury, which forces now train.

-What happened when preparing for the World Cup, when you're really recovering, began practicing in full force?

-So easy from all sides I was pressed. Mom began to speak, that there is a spare Alena Leonova, it can replace me. Coach (Anna Tsareva) too was waiting when I can start to jump. And I just couldn't accept that I cannot ride that foot sore that I can't actually do anything. And we skated, but only on the second leg. So I have a healthy leg was much larger in size than the scarred. I basically felt like I can jump, but through the pain. She was patient, jumped, and here is a doprygalas′ of ...

-What do you think, in retrospect, was a justifiable step?

-If you take not only training, but also by, on the one hand, I understand that the 13-th World Championship for me bad. But many told me that not everyone has the chance to actually participate in this tournament. I did not want to lose his chance, struggled. But I didn't have enough.

-Now the leg doesn't bother?

-Surprisingly, none at all.

Yet where was prokol′čik, failed

-Anna, at the beginning of the season, you said that you went very smoothly, you have good form, the program was interesting ... So what is the reason of unstable performances during the season?

-It is hard to say. Preparation is really nothing of the kind is a harbinger. The season turned out to be a very eventful-it started to pray for health, and she for. ... After the European Championship, where I won the bronze, only what was left shocked, so that's a huge gap in points from Lena Radionova and Lisa Tuktamyševoj. Like all skate cleanly, but to have such a backlog of almost 20 points-it was hard to understand. Of course, I am comforted that I won a medal, but the idea that made all his own, and the estimates are low, weighed on me. Although the bronze I was very happy!

-At the World Championships you otkatalis′ not without errors, but when alone, take a look at the scores for short program Tuktamyševoj, in which she performed a triple Axel, there is some space. What do I do?

-New jumping teach, what remains? (laughs) I will try to have the next season than surprise. We've tried a quadruple toe loop, but almost all the jumps were no sex trafficking, which I am very scary fall-bellied in ice. Triksel′ I also tried, but a long time ago, and with it, too, is not dokrutiv, hard prizemlâlas′ to its knees. Need a more thoughtful approach to study these complicated jumps, so you can't take and skip. Maybe some people will need to be involved.

-Agree that the women's single gave Tuktamysheva skating an incentive to move forward?

-My mother has long said that the need to learn new jumping elements, and we all three years the same gouged. Lisa by his example really pushed us to new achievements.

-Appears to meet this season do you not at all.

-No, of course not! Especially when compared with last season, which in the end was the Fourth World Cup debut, I perfectly understand that we have significantly lowered the bar. Although training all went well with the coach and we were at a loss-how come? Whether it all depends on the mood or even from what. But where was the prokol′čik, could not be reached for comment.

-Further training plan to follow?

-Now the priority of the exams, and then we'll think about next season. Although, to be honest, I don't think about what awaits me next, also fails. But you should try to switch to the new wave, too stressful year.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
bing translate of the above article

-New jumping teach, what remains? (laughs) I will try to have the next season than surprise. We've tried a quadruple toe loop, but almost all the jumps were no sex trafficking, which I am very scary fall-bellied in ice. Triksel′ I also tried, but a long time ago, and with it, too, is not dokrutiv, hard prizemlâlas′ to its knees. Need a more thoughtful approach to study these complicated jumps, so you can't take and skip. Maybe some people will need to be involved.

Oh, Bing (Google translated it the same way...any idea what the actual word is supposed to be?) :eek::slink:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Oh, Bing (Google translated it the same way...any idea what the actual word is supposed to be?) :eek::slink:

Новые прыжки учить, что еще остается? (смеется) Буду стараться уже в следующем сезоне чем-то удивить. Мы уже пробовали четверной тулуп, но почти все прыжки были без пол оборота, из-за чего я очень страшно падала – животом в лед. Триксель я тоже пробовала, но давно, и с него тоже, не докрутив, жестко приземлялась на колени. Нужно как-то более продуманно подходить к вопросу изучения этих сложных прыжков, их невозможно вот так взять и прыгнуть. Может быть, каких-то специалистов привлекать нужно будет.

- To learn new jumps - what's left? I will try to suprise with something already next season . We already tried 4T but almost all jumps were half turn UR that's why I had terrible falls on the stomach. I also tried 3A but long time ago and also had UR and tough falls on the knees. One has to be more thoughtful dealing with difficult jumps - it's not possible to just try and succeed. May be we'll need to refer to some experts.

"Sex" was funny - in russian "пол" is both sex and half.

witcher

Match Penalty
almost all the jumps were no sex trafficking, which I am very scary fall-bellied in ice.
Almost all jumps were lacking half of the rotation, therefore I had horrible falls into ice on my belly

Batsuchan

Medalist

Arthur Werner (well-known figure skating journalist) also wrote that Pogorilaya left for Tsareva for Buyanova (Vodorezova) on his Q&A site. See (currently) Q&A 1 & 4:
http://www.wer-art.com/conf/

However, I am not sure if he has reliable information, or if he is just relaying rumors... :unsure:

If Buyanova really is adding Pogorilaya and Proklova to her group, though, this make me think that Sotnikova won't compete again... :slink:

Globetrotter

Medalist
Pity about Anna P. The competition in Russia is just going to get hotter the next season. She jumps big but has neither the strong reliable technique or the performance skills. The basic skating skills still leave a lot to be desired. I can envision her as a sort of maria Butyrskaya but it will take some years before she gets to the sort of maturity and that feminine X factor that so defined Butyrskaya. Theres been no others like that since. Unfortunately, I hope Anna P will have better competitive nerves than her predecessor.