Max Aaron | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Looks like "Too Close" is the new ex and not just a one-off.

I'm so jealous of you StitchMonkey! Have a fabulous time :)

Thx to Polina, we can see that Max has brought back his tattoo sleeves.
And that he is a good at baseball (on a break btwn shows).

From the @ShowtimeOnIce Instagram:
https://instagram.com/p/14vo0EL-9N/ Max selfie with young ladies at the VIP event
https://instagram.com/p/14vKBUr-8t/ Group photo with Max, Polina, and other skaters​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max and Polina at a baseball field (photos/tweets by Polina):

So majestic!

:laughingcrying:

Is Max allergic to socks or something?

LOL, we were posting at the same time ;).

It has been evident from a few photos in the past that Max wears the type of socks that cover just the foot, not the ankle. Sorry, I can't think of the word for them.
He has worn that type of socks with dress shoes as well ....

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I would call them anklets, but you can usually see the top of them above the ankle of shoes.

I love the super-intense look on Max's face as he holds the baseball bat. So competitive! :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I would call them anklets, but you can usually see the top of them above the ankle of shoes.

I love the super-intense look on Max's face as he holds the baseball bat. So competitive! :laugh:

Duh .... anklets. My brain and I thank you :).
I seem to remember a couple of previous occasions when at a distance Max appeared to be sockless, but then the tops of his anklets were visible in close-up shots.

Random non-sequitur:
Happened to see two TV ads for Cartier watches today. And I think the music is the Gladiator soundtrack? I have a feeling that the ads are not new, but the music never registered on me before :laugh:.​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I would call them anklets, but you can usually see the top of them above the ankle of shoes. ...

I've always heard them called "footies".

Probably a local thing, because a "footy" here is a football :laugh:

Looks like Max has had an impact:

From twitter
I never really liked figure skating until I just watched @MaxTAaron tonight #dang

Love the tweet :).

But OK, I'm an idiot :bang: about the name of the socks.
Now that I think about it, "anklet" is not the word I was looking for. (Sorry, karne.)
"Anklet" means (in my experience) a sock that covers the ankle (as opposed to going higher, like knee socks) -- whereas Max seems to like socks that do not cover the ankle.
I'm gun-shy to suggest another word, but I think my sister and I as kids used to call the Max-type socks "sockettes"??

Last edited:

MJfan

Rinkside
Hello! I'm new here. Uhm. I just have a question... is he dating Gracie Gold or something? :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hello! I'm new here. Uhm. I just have a question... is he dating Gracie Gold or something? :)

Hi MJfan! Welcome to GoldenSkate! Always good to have another fan on board!

The status of their relationship is - uncertain. We know that in early-mid 2013 they were definitely an item - there were pictures on instagram and a few cute flirty moments at WTT 2013. But it went quiet in the middle of the off-season, and there has been no evidence either way since.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

The status of their relationship is - uncertain. We know that in early-mid 2013 they were definitely an item - there were pictures on instagram and a few cute flirty moments at WTT 2013. But it went quiet in the middle of the off-season, and there has been no evidence either way since.

:agree:
To underline what karne said, it went quiet during the off-season of 2013 -- so approx. two years have passed since any public indication of dating.
(ETA, and their status is uncertain prob. only to outsiders like us ;). [I know that's what you meant, karne.] Just trying to be crystal clear that it is prob. not uncertain to MTA and GG -- i.e., you did not mean that it is some kind of on-again-off-again thing for them that changes from day to day.)​

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Quick recap, for those who weren't up on it/weren't Max and/or Gracie fans at the time.

Max "outed" the relationship on his birthday in 2013 (If you squint to read Gracie's note, it basically says "You're such a sweet and amazing guy and I'm so lucky to be your girlfriend". :love: )

Gracie then posted these flowers from her Valentine (she doesn't specify that it was Max, but we assume so?)

Then there was this bit of cuteness after her SP at WTT

And of course they got to dance together in the Team USA group number at the gala

And she posted this cute picture from the banquet.

Now I was sure we got another pic after that, but apparently not, so the latest we have any "evidence" is the end of April 2013.

Anyhoo, back to current day, and Tom Z is asking us the most "duh" rhetorical question ever.

Of course we knew Max would look good in a tux, Tom.

MJfan

Rinkside

Aww Thank you for welcoming me! :) and for answering my question too! :D

MJfan

Rinkside
:agree:
To underline what karne said, it went quiet during the off-season of 2013 -- so approx. two years have passed since any public indication of dating.
(ETA, and their status is uncertain prob. only to outsiders like us ;). [I know that's what you meant, karne.] Just trying to be crystal clear that it is prob. not uncertain to MTA and GG -- i.e., you did not mean that it is some kind of on-again-off-again thing for them that changes from day to day.)​

Thank you! :D

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So we did go on Saturday, and kinda spent the rest of the weekend on a date so sorry for the delay. I think he liked it more than he expected.

It was mostly the little kids, but that was expected. I think 2 hours was a little long to try to keep kids that age's attention span.
It was well worth it for me to get to see in person as I had never seen anything in person. I never knew the noise that the skates make on the take off till now.

Max was kinda kept under wraps as they expect him to be the draw i think. He came out and was introduced with Polina at the start for an intro but spin (well done and very fast) and then Polina did her 16 going on 17 exhibition. Then the little kids, then Max came out in his tux outfit for a number before Exhibition. They lined up all the teen girls on the ice and Had Max do down the line dancing with them. Very cute. But the outfit was not great for Max. Too much fluff in the form of an ascot on top did not let you see his body enough, he just got lost in it. But he was smiling like a mad man the entire time, his teeth are noticeable from the sidelines.

After Intermission we had Polina again doing an EX that I had not heard before. It was to California Dreaming, but NOT the Mammas and the Pappas. More of a rock version of it. I think it might have been this one. if not it was very similar in tone. She also did devil horns with her hands for her bow which I just loved. Honestly in many ways this was the highlight for me. She really seemed to enjoy this number, hell I am half hoping it ends up her SP this year. Honestly I like her a lot more now (i already loved Max). She was much more elegant and pretty on ice in person than on TV. No coltish gawky limbs, maybe part of it was in comparison to the other little ones, but really I was shocked how much more I liked her in person.

So eventually Max came out and did his Too Close. My better half got to see him practicing it in the next rink over (he snuck out for the Frozen number as he hates that movie even having not seen it - then came back grinning like a fool MAX IS PRACTICING IN THE OTHER RINK very cute). So his Too Close was great in person. He was wearing the tattoo arms though. They, sadly don't look as good in person. Over all Max in person looked a little shorter but actually somewhat more naturally/attractively proportioned - i.e. he looked good. His calves are small. I tend to agree with whoever said he might look sexier in a pant that was not as tapered. He looked better in the jeans than the tux. He also seems a bit faster in person and prettier. . . which is an odd thing to say about Max, but really the best thing I can say, he is just prettier skating in person.

We headed out at that point. The parking lot was packed, with few exits and burred in residential streets and my better half desperately wanted to beat the traffic, I can't blame him really, we had been there well over two hours and were tired of not yelling at the birth control failure behind us that kept kicking us in the kidneys. It is a kids event, but when the parental units don't even try to stop it, it become harder not to just snap on them. It looked like a group number with everyone was coming but, missing that to avoid traffic and not get kicked more was sounding like a fine trade off.

So the skating was worth it, but the parents leave me unsure I would go back to something like this.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So we did go on Saturday, and kinda spent the rest of the weekend on a date so sorry for the delay. I think he liked it more than he expected. ...

Thx for the great report, Stitch. So many details and thoughts, expressed in your inimitable way. Glad that your better half was game to go with you.

Appreciate all your observations about Max and Polina and about everything :).

TMC

Record Breaker
Thank you for the great review Stitch! I hope the skating gods send Max my way for his Sr B since he looks even better in person. I think I deserve to see that for myself! :love:

Reading this in bed on my iPad and I just woke my hubby because I burst out laughing at "tired of not yelling at the birth control failure" :laugh2: