State of Russian Ladies in skating: 2014-15 Season | Page 52 | Golden Skate

State of Russian Ladies in skating: 2014-15 Season

moriel

Record Breaker
We also had Nakano/Nelidina but that 3A rivalry was even more short-lived, lasting one competition.

yup, and now we have 2 reasonably consistent jumpers - Mao surely showed she can, and Liza landed 2 out of 3 in the end of a very busy season so we can expect her to keep doing that =D

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
epic video2, sabinfire & Unite !:cheer2::cheer2: I came across them via utube & thankfully u're here & I can show my gratitude to u personally!:cheer:

as 4 Liza's shoot it looks great! I got that the idea behind it is comparisons in the media with Queen Elizaveta daughter of Peter I
& Liza is our Queen of FS
Appropriate imo:cool:

Last edited:

sc8

On the Ice
How fun! Great video...I saw Ito, Harding, Nakano, Tukt, and Asada. Is Meissner the other? This may have been answered, but are there prospects (serious) of ladies adding this to their repertoire this season? I think Gracie is a no, and the more junior Russian girls that look promising on this front are not as competitive (yet) artistically to the point where I don't see them threatening for a place on the Russian Nationals' podium.

Krunchii

Record Breaker

No Serafima? I thought she would go senior too, or is that still undecided? I did like the article though, gave us a rundown of each skater and some future updates.

Liza is going to kill me, we won't know until September? Bummer. As for the other ladies trying new jumps, I just don't see it, all of them except for Adelina have sketchy 2As so I just don't see a 3A happening for any of them, I doubt Adelina will try anything new on the technical side, she's probably going to ease herself back into the game this season

How fun! Great video...I saw Ito, Harding, Nakano, Tukt, and Asada. Is Meissner the other? This may have been answered, but are there prospects (serious) of ladies adding this to their repertoire this season? I think Gracie is a no, and the more junior Russian girls that look promising on this front are not as competitive (yet) artistically to the point where I don't see them threatening for a place on the Russian Nationals' podium.

Not Russian but Wakaba Higuchi and Marin Honda were apparently practicing 3As and quads, I think there was a video of Marin Honda attempting a 4S and getting about 3.5 rotations from a news program a while back

cocovica

On the Ice
No Serafima? I thought she would go senior too, or is that still undecided? I did like the article though, gave us a rundown of each skater and some future updates.

Liza is going to kill me, we won't know until September? Bummer. As for the other ladies trying new jumps, I just don't see it, all of them except for Adelina have sketchy 2As so I just don't see a 3A happening for any of them, I doubt Adelina will try anything new on the technical side, she's probably going to ease herself back into the game this season

Not Russian but Wakaba Higuchi and Marin Honda were apparently practicing 3As and quads, I think there was a video of Marin Honda attempting a 4S and getting about 3.5 rotations from a news program a while back
I wanted to focus the article about the senior ladies and added Medvedeva as she is going to seniors next year and could shuffle the cards a lot. I actually don't have the update about Serafima :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Nice summary of everything. :thumbsup: It's going to be a fierce battle!

I see Wakaba Higuchi as the most likely candidate. She has big jumps, good technique, the stronger build of axel-ladies like Midori and Liza, plus the tradition in Japan of going for the hard tricks.

If we're just talking about the Russian girls, Adelina has the best axel technique, imo. But for the moment, I just hope she returns, nevermind trying 3A. The other senior/junior girls don't seem to have strong enough axels for 3A... Anna says she'll try. Serafima says she wants to add 4S. :shocked: Among the youngsters, Liza Nugumanova is practicing 3A with a harness and on the floor. She won't be eligible for juniors until 2016-17 though...

Layback11

Record Breaker
Sabinfire, epic montage! :cheer2: I was wishing this would happen so we could see a great 3A rivalry and it did, and your video could not have summed it up more perfectly. Well done!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks, Layback11!

Despite its campy nature, this video has legs! The montage has continued to generate over 100 views daily since it was posted a month ago, and over the past week, is climbing to about 200 views daily now! (I'm assuming Mao's return and the GP assignments have boosted views.)

I wish I had put a little more effort into editing the project, though -- it was basically completed in one sitting and uploaded that same day, so I can see where it was rushed and a bit sloppy. Still, it is neat to see a video like this actually have a relatively long lifespan with consistent viewings.

Thanks for the idea, moriel! Now, do you have any more? ;)

I know i´m probably asked too much, but wonder if you could do one for the next season 3A battle =D Would be pretty epic too, Mao x Liza =D

moriel

Record Breaker
Thanks, Layback11!

Despite its campy nature, this video has legs! The montage has continued to generate over 100 views daily since it was posted a month ago, and over the past week, is climbing to about 200 views daily now! (I'm assuming Mao's return and the GP assignments have boosted views.)

I wish I had put a little more effort into editing the project, though -- it was basically completed in one sitting and uploaded that same day, so I can see where it was rushed and a bit sloppy. Still, it is neat to see a video like this actually have a relatively long lifespan with consistent viewings.

Thanks for the idea, moriel! Now, do you have any more? ;)

<3 just love cool videos you and other folks make, thats all =D

Well, dunno... Maybe V/T vs D/R? That will be another cool competition next year,quite antecipated at least for me =D But thats more like artistry vs technical skills battle =D
Maybe even pairs overall, because there will also be K/S, S/K, T/M just from russia, and also Chinese pairs, specially S/H.

Oe thing id like... But then not sure how popular it would be and also how doable... Is a sort of a compilation of the training videos, previews of whatever will happen next season, with some comparisons of what was being done before. For example comparing that Julia`s training video of her spin with how she did it previously. Or this https://instagram.com/p/3_Ti6ftVmt/ vs some older Adelina`s performances (or maybe even her olympic skate hehe).

moriel

Record Breaker
=D yeah dunno... i guess the only epic battle for next season that has chances to be as popular as is D/R vs V/T - tons of people eager for that on the forum at least =D

Yeah deffo, i would love a D/R vs V/T trailer =D