Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 378 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

moviebuff

On the Ice
@berry8 I don't think she was being rude. Yulia was at first distracted taking a photo with Eteri, and was in a hurry to put all the flowers/toys beside her, but she did flash a blink-and-miss smile at one of the flower girls, and nodded/said thanks to the last girl. Of course, it would've been nice if she could've taken her time a bit more with each girl...but alas

As for the living room-inspired costume. I was hoping for a bedazzled catsuit. But this one is unique and eyecatching. Not to mention, girl's got some serious ballz to rock a frock like that. :rock:

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
That being said she was so rude to those lovely roses-sweepers:( not even a smile:(

She wasn't rude at all and she did smile to them. What do you want more, to hug and kiss them? Why are people so fixated with this K&C thing, and the drama some fans write around it, I will never understand. :drama:

She can't be friendly :(

Says who? I saw her live with fans and she was very available giving autographes, taking picture with fans at the rink and the hotel.

A big fan here :) I am not a hater at all dear :)

Good to know you are a big fan. I wouldn't want to be your enemy. :laugh:

Last edited:

StunninglyUnique

Rinkside
I feel like I need to let out my feelings now!! Are you guys ready?? (lol just kidding.....but seriously) I didn't like her outfit, but who cares anyway? I think it went well with the program which is the most important. Actually I was surprised when I saw the outfit, for some reason I didn't think she and her team would have picked such a costume but rather something not so over the top. Her skating was close to not good to be honest (no expression, slow skating etc.) but I felt like as she was being very careful in her skating and she seemed very nervous (or was I perhaps blinded by my own nervousness). So that justifies her skating but really I think it's a matter of coming into the competitive mood for her. And a big BUUUUUU for the judges here what the heck was it with the -1 on the Axel and the Flip???? (or did I miss something) and as far as I know you get -3 for falling straight down on your bum which she did not do so a -2 is the correct GOE in my opinion. Okay. Done. Bye.

EDIT: FREAKING LOVED HER HAIR!!!!!!

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Her skating was close to not good to be honest (no expression, slow skating etc.) but I felt like as she was being very careful in her skating and she seemed very nervous (or was I perhaps blinded by my own nervousness).

I think she was nervous. She said she was very nervous in Sochi, which was a test skate, imagine here.

And a big BUUUUUU for the judges here what the heck was it with the -1 on the Axel and the Flip???? (or did I miss something) and as far as I know you get -3 for falling straight down on your bum which she did not do so a -2 is the correct GOE in my opinion.

and the 0&-1 for the spin? :frown:Can somebody explain that?

berry8

Final Flight
@berry8 I don't she was being rude. Yulia was at first distracted taking a photo with Eteri, and was a hurry to put all the flowers/toys beside her, but she did flash a blink-and-miss smile at one of the flower girls, and nodded/said thanks to the last girl. Of course, it would've been nice if she could've taken her time a bit more with each girl...but alas

Did u see the affectionate hug Joshi gave to one of the little girls ?? I mean... I really wuold be glad at seeing Julia a bit more sunny :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think she was nervous. She said she was very nervous in Sochi, which was a test skate, imagine here.

and the 0&-1 for the spin? :frown:Can somebody explain that?

She traveled kind of a lot at the beginning of that spin, I was briefly nervous that if she continued to do so it might be invalidated but she gained control of it. I imagine that's why. The flip's landing seemed a bit choppy too to me, to be honest, but I thought the axel was good.

Alba

Record Breaker
She traveled kind of a lot at the beginning of that spin, I was briefly nervous that if she continued to do so it might be invalidated but she gained control of it. I imagine that's why. The flip's landing seemed a bit choppy too to me, to be honest, but I thought the axel was good.

I have to check it again because I didn't have that impression on the spin. The landing on the flip yeah it wasn't perfect but -1 looks a bit harsh? I can understand 0

Basil

On the Ice
Oh that dress, oh the humanity! What was Eteri thinking? I couldn't even make myself finish watching the video, all I could think was the dress :laugh2: