Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 380 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Alba

Record Breaker
And Lena Radionova answers Yulia's compliment:

http://vk.com/feed?z=video-34659612_171749341/73ba82f2a76721aa13/pl_feed_block

“Юльчик, только ты могла это сделать, мне безумно приятно ☺️ я тебя обожаю!!!Завтра борись до конца, я верю в тебя @sunnylipnitskaya”

Yulchik, only you could have done this. I'm madly happy and I adore you. Fight tomorrow, I trust in you.

Cuuuuuuute. :love:

nieves

On the Ice
The program has so much performance potential.. and I don't even hate the costume. Hope she can sharpen some of her movements in the step sequence to contrast with the lovely fluidity of the first half. And maybe a little more variety in her expression, but it's a good start!

randomfan

Record Breaker
And Lena Radionova answers Yulia's compliment:

http://vk.com/feed?z=video-34659612_171749341/73ba82f2a76721aa13/pl_feed_block

“Юльчик, только ты могла это сделать,😝 мне безумно приятно ☺️ я тебя обожаю!!!💖Завтра борись до конца, я верю в тебя💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼 @sunnylipnitskaya”

Yulchik, only you could have done this. I'm madly happy and I adore you. Fight tomorrow, I trust in you.

So sweet Elena is supporting her teammate! :)

I have to say, I did not expect the dress. I couldn't watch the event live so I watched youtube uploads. I was scrolling down and didn't read the names properly so I accidently skipped Yulia's! The program is starting to grow on me. But it's not the music or the choreography that I particularly like. It's that Yulia's idea of trying something new is just so good to see! I liked her old style, but now it seemed like she was having fun on the ice. As a Yulia fan for almost a year now I loved her sad programs but they were too sad sometimes, especially when she had bad performances.

Nice 3-3 but if all 3 jump elements were in the first part I guess that means she hasn't fully adjusted yet. Still, I hope she does well in the FS and bring a medal home. Go Yulia! (and I love the FS music)

Alba

Record Breaker
I can't explain the -1 on the flip but her spin traveled quite a lot, therefore it can't get positve GOE. I think scoring wise Yulia is now being punished by things that the judges ignored before - she used to travel a lot in her spins in her schindler's list LP too, and at that time I was up the walls, because nobody seemed to care and she got high goes for her spins.

I think you're referring to her last spin CCoSp, while I'm speaking about FCSp (from 1:48). Tell me how is that travelling and why doesn't deserve positive GoE's? Fortunately the judges didn't see it the same as you because she got positive GoE's, although low and that's why I asked because 0 for me it's a joke.

As for the last spin, yes it does travel but you do not get positive GoE's for not traveling only. There are some criteria and rules for giving positive or negative GoE's. To establish the starting GOE Judges must take into consideration the bullets for each element. It’s up to a Judge to decide on the number of bullets for any upgrade, but general recommendations are as follows:

• +1 - Skater achieves 1 - 2 bullets
  • +2 - Skater achieves 3 - 4 bullets
  • +3 - Skater achieves 5 - 6 bullets

• Good control throughout (entry, rotation, change of foot, conclusion/exit)
  • Good speed or acceleration during spin
  • Balanced rotations (on different feet / in different positions or variations)
  • Clearly more than required number of revolutions
  • Superior position(s) (including air position in flying spins)
  • Creativity and originality

Same with her a little rushed and sloppy movements - the judges gave her high PCS anyway, but now they seem to have changed their mind and are not so lenient anymore. I find this kind of inconsistency in judging really annoying.

I don't think it has anything to do with judges changing their minds. Your PCS goes high when you have a strong TES and above all you're consistent.

p.s. She might be rushed but to call her sloppy is gross, IMO.

Last edited:

witcher

Match Penalty
I'm happy like a little baby that Julichka is finally back after a looooong time, I think it was good start of the season, I liked the performance, loved the dress and hair, generally our girl delivered us much fun this evening. :dance:
I just think she skated this program better at the test skates and you'd find it hard to convince me otherwise.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
She says she performed the way they'd expected - it wasn't ideal, she has to adjust to her new routines and work on all her elements - jumps, spins, other elements, emotions. But she felt good and motivated about her comeback, she's determined to fight to the end. Not sure she'll manage, but she'll do her best.
She mentions the fact both her routines were choreographed by Zoueva, and that she wanted new experience and new emotions and a new style.
She also says that along with Dudakov she's going to the US to practise and get used to hew new programmes, and adds there's a lot of work to do.
She also mentioned the fact Lena Radionova was to take part in the competition, who scrapped due to an injury (?!). She wished her to recover from it, and said many girls from the Russian teams have become good friends

That's the gist.

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
Just watched Yulia’s SP in Finlandia Trophy. Is it possible to hunt down the designer who created her Olympic season costumes, and beg them to make her one for her SP program? :scratch:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Just watched Yulia’s SP in Finlandia Trophy. Is it possible to hunt down the designer who created her Olympic season costumes, and beg them to make her one for her SP program? :scratch:

that would be her mom

ElenaClaire

On the Ice
Hi guys! Thanks for sharing the clips from Finland!
I just checked Julia's SP and my first thought was 'gosh she's so beautiful!" haha sorry not sorry couldn't help it. I actually don't mind the dress, it's not so over the top but still striking enough. The teal gloves actually blend ok, it's the belt that looks a little off somehow but it doesn't really distract much so all is good. I also like the hair do it's so pretty.

About the performance itself, I don't find her slow, if anything, the skating matches the music. I also found the jumps looked bigger so maybe she still is figuring out how to control it properly. Once she masters the feel, she'll be fine. Idk if it's just me but the music cuts (the second half) sounded a little strange, like it wasn't cut properly/on the right beats, but anyway it could be just me being so attune to music in general. Oh and it seems like she was a little bit behind on the beats so he missed the last note-pose thingy.

Also, she was fine in the K&C, she smiled quite a few times to the flower girls it's apparent and I think it's enough. She couldn't be expected to be all giggly and such..

Anyway I love Megapolis so much so it's still my favorite. But the colors/eye-candy (literally lol) of this is just can't be missed haha so I look forward to the better version of this for sure.

So overall it was fine, sure it can be improved and she will, I believe. Wishing her luck for her free today!

Last edited:

moviebuff

On the Ice
She says she performed the way they'd expected - it wasn't ideal, she has to adjust to her new routines and work on all her elements - jumps, spins, other elements, emotions. But she felt good and motivated about her comeback, she's determined to fight to the end. Not sure she'll manage, but she'll do her best.
She mentions the fact both her routines were choreographed by Zoueva, and that she wanted new experience and new emotions and a new style.
She also says that along with Dudakov she's going to the US to practise and get used to hew new programmes, and adds there's a lot of work to do.
She also mentioned the fact Lena Radionova was to take part in the competition, who scrapped due to an injury (?!). She wished her to recover from it, and said many girls from the Russian teams have become good friends

That's the gist.

Thankyou so much for the translation!
I'm assuming that she is leaving for the US immediately after Finlandia (?), hopefully to get as much ice-time as possible to clean up the jumps, spins, choreo-performance and details. Gotta love that the Russian girls seem genuinely and openly supportive of one another, particularly Yulia, Lena and Liza. :love:

Spiral

Final Flight
My first overall impression from Yulia's performance was how graceful she is! Every movement is a feast for the eyes. I don't think there's any singles skater whom I enjoy watching as much.

Reg. her physical form, many skaters haven't reached their true competitive form yet, and most of them aren't going through rapid body changes, as Yulia obviously is, either. In fact, taking this into consideration, I'm amazed that she can skate as well as she does. She must have to go through constant adjustments. No wonder she feels nervous before public performances, especially with the attention she gets. I also think it's incredibly gutsy of her to have competed last season (and kept improving with every competition!) and to do so again this season. I can't even imagine what it must be like for female skaters to have to re-learn what must have become an instinct once their bodies start changing - and keep changing - usually at the most crucial time in their careers.

Reg. the program itself personally I love the "inward" style of singles skating and originally became Yulia's fan because she does it so well. But I agree with Alba that this program has a lot of potential. In fact, I already find Yulia's enjoyment of it quite infectuous. So I'm sure that as the season progresses and she gets more and more comfortable with her SP, it'll be a real knock-out. I guess, I'm glad she's trying something different, since she apparently can do it very well too, but at the same time I'm happy that I have her LP in my favorite style to look forward to, because IMO nobody does the contemplative style as well as she does. I also liked her interview very much - it looks like she understands exactly what she needs to do, and in general I like her practical, calm and clear-eyed approach to her work. Once again I feel stunned by how strong-willed she is at her young age.

She is not in great shape yet, it's obvious. She needs to give much more in terms of performance and interpretation and I'm hoping that will come as the season goes on. I guess she's too focused and concerned with technical elements right now. The program has a huge potential and she needs to give it all and let go.
I felt the same way about her skate, and it seems to me from her interview, that so does she herself.

As for the living room-inspired costume. I was hoping for a bedazzled catsuit. But this one is unique and eyecatching. Not to mention, girl's got some serious ballz to rock a frock like that. :rock:
Yep! And I think she prefers costumes that stand out. I remember last year she said she didn't go for blue for the LP because "everybody wears blue." I agree with Alba and Psusanne, though, that it would have been better if gloves were in the same shade of blue as the sash.

Reg. the hair, when I saw pics from K&C I didn't care much for it, but later in the program, in movement I loved it! Her coach's hair is another matter, though. I agree with you that curls suit her much better :).

I also find her and Elena R's friendship very touching, considering that they're some of each other's main competitors. In fact, when I stop to think how few mature adults can stay true friends even when there's much less at stake, I'm quite blown away.

As much as I hate to say it I think that score is fair. It was a rough skate but at least she landed the 3F cleanly with no edge call and positive GOE. :cheer:
Yep! That was a relief. I hope so much it'll be the same with the Lutz!

Wishing her the very best of luck tomorrow!!!

Last edited:

Imagine

Medalist
Okay after some reflection I don't hate the costume as much as I thought I did...but the gloves still gotta go. It's a huge shift in style for her and I hope she's doing it because she really feels it's a good fit...and not because she feels the pressure to be something she's not...or be something different. Intense kills-by-staring Yulia is awesome and we love her...nothing wrong with that at all. But if this change genuinely represents where she's at now, then I hope it serves her well this season.