Patrick Chan | Page 168 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

firal

Record Breaker
Yes it was supposed to be a 4T even though he had said he would do only one quad. Watch your words, Patrick, because they will come true.

I read that interview too, but I thought many interpreted as him saying he will only do one type of quad; not going for a 4S or something, so I was't sure.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Listening to the banter between Patrick and his coach when he was waiting for his score.

Patrick: "I just shut my brain off....It's like tunnel vision, you know?"

Kathy: "And that's what you have to do. You finally found that ... Easy for me to tell you, but you have to find it, you have to frame that moment when you can take your mind and put it right there, in your music and on the ice..."

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Listening to the banter between Patrick and his coach when he was waiting for his score.

Patrick: "I just shut my brain off....It's like tunnel vision, you know?"

Kathy: "And that's what you have to do. You finally found that ... Easy for me to tell you, but you have to find it, you have to frame that moment when you can take your mind and put it right there, in your music and on the ice..."

Thanks for bringing this.

Well, she is right. I play pingpong, in an unique style that classically trained technicians have a hard time with. Occasionally, I give pointers to some well trained players who nonetheless don't compete well and they instantly raise their games. It's all about mind and focus. In pingpong, tennis, golf, etc. the ball should be the focus by sight and vision. In figure skating, the music is the natural focus. A skater can block out everything by focusing only on the music and let the muscle memory do the physical work. They need not be alone in the rink.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I was just looking up a podium photo for Skate Canada & I found this pic of Patrick posing with some fans :laugh: Nice lips balloon :thumbsup:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I totally enjoyed Patricks FS! It was gorgeous in every way. So good to have him back.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
awesome pictures... so happy to see him with such a big smile... we can tell it meant a lot to him... this thread is the only one i feel safe ;) i was considering the offer of changing username but meh.... 4ever means 4ever ;)
Shoot. How about here?

It's sad how fast the convo turned in there- but we still have Patrick's FF thread :dance:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LOL!!!! i pushed the rewind button after the whole thing was done to watch it again and again ;) it is so much better to watch it when you know it's been skated beautifully ;) i remember dying at sochi... my heart actually missed a few beats
The skate is even better as video replays. You know, watched with relaxed appreciation. :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
LOL!!!! i pushed the rewind button after the whole thing was done to watch it again and again ;) it is so much better to watch it when you know it's been skated beautifully ;) i remember dying at sochi... my heart actually missed a few beats

His performance is so much better, more exquisite and enjoyable when your heartbeats are regular and you are breathing naturally, isn't it?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
there are so many ways to enjoy a patrick performance ;) i value all of them ;) the adrenaline infused ones, when successful are fun too... but they give me a couple grey hair ;) what I can say though is that I am so grateful that Patrick has decided to come back... there was something clearly missing without him in the field.... with all of the sacrifices training at this high level requires, we are blessed that our gorgeous skater is back!!!! let's hope he skates as brilliantly many more times or else i will look like Bruno Marcotte very soon... (which is actually not that bad )
His performance is so much better, more exquisite and enjoyable when your heartbeats are regular and you are breathing naturally, isn't it?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
there are so many ways to enjoy a patrick performance ;) i value all of them ;) the adrenaline infused ones, when successful are fun too... but they give me a couple grey hair ;) what I can say though is that I am so grateful that Patrick has decided to come back... there was something clearly missing without him in the field.... with all of the sacrifices training at this high level requires, we are blessed that our gorgeous skater is back!!!! let's hope he skates as brilliantly many more times or else i will look like Bruno Marcotte very soon... (which is actually not that bad )

Just don't look like Adam Ripon, OK?

spikydurian

Medalist
Congrats, Patrick. Happy to see a great come back. Just enjoy your skating as you say, and all will into place medal or no medal.:cheer:

Sam L

Medalist
I just love how there was absolutely no hesitation in any of his jumps. Once he has his jumps down like that he's virtually untouchable in everything else.