Spectacular Chan mines gold in Taipei | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Spectacular Chan mines gold in Taipei

calica

Final Flight
I don't think it's in Team Chan's plan to add another quad this season. They wouldn't rush things. It's quite probable he may debut his 4S next season with the right choreography.

Although I would love him to add 2 quads, he already answered about Salchow in the national. he will add it in the next season.

(Though maybe, 4CC has given him confidence to try to put it in the worldchamp.)

lyndichee

Medalist
Although I would love him to add 2 quads, he already answered about Salchow in the national. he will add it in the next season.

(Though maybe, 4CC has given him confidence to try to put it in the worldchamp.)

I don't think 4CC changes anything for his layout. If anything it reaffirms that this is a good one for him going into Worlds.

I just hope he finally hits the SP.

and finally, he should always do the 3Lz-3T in the second half... just more points.. i love his 4T-3T but he is losing points :(

You gain only 0.43 extra points (one tenth of the base value for the 3T) by putting the combo on the second half Lutz, right?

yup but as we saw at 4CC, that can be the difference :)

Yes, it could make a difference, but Four Continents is not a good example. He did put the Lutz combo in the second half.

It is oh so much more important to do the triple toe (4.3 versus 1.3) than to nit-pick about tenths of a point.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's a Japanese name, so it's pronounced as such, but American announcers tend to pronounce it as Marai rather than Mirai.

Well I thought that Maria skated great at Four Continents. :yes:

On a related note, Mirai's middle name is Aileen. One time it was misspelled "Alien" in the official program for an event.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LOL specs ;) I was being funny ;) following up on previous posters just as funny interventions ;) I know how to pronounce Mirai's name :) and how to spell it properly.

Watachi wa 4everchansan desu :)

It's a Japanese name, so it's pronounced as such, but American announcers tend to pronounce it as Marai rather than Mirai.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, it could make a difference, but Four Continents is not a good example. He did put the Lutz combo in the second half.

It is oh so much more important to do the triple toe (4.3 versus 1.3) than to nit-pick about tenths of a point.

you are on fire mathman ;)

indeed, he better land the 4toe properly and tag on the 3t on it... than do what he did at 4CC :) stop nit-picking on me ;) especially since you know what I mean ;)

gorgeous 4 T.. as a solo jump... then do the combo after the half mark :)

gorgeous 4 T.. as a solo jump... then do the combo after the half mark :)

Actually, I agree with this, especially the "gorgeous" part. Preceding steps is no problem for Patrick.

But I am not so concerned about fractions of a point as I am about the symmetry of a well-balanced program. 4T+3T and 3A in the first minute, then a relatively puny solo triple Lutz in the second half seems out of balance and not so pleasing in terms of choreography and program construction.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well I thought that Maria skated great at Four Continents. :yes:

On a related note, Mirai's middle name is Aileen. One time it was misspelled "Alien" in the official program for an event.

I don't think any one of the three names Mirai Aileen Nagasu is that complicated and somehow they can become Marai Alien Negasu, even by a professed fan. Many Russian skaters names must present even more difficulties.

^ Georgian names are the best. I was so proud of myself when I learned to spell Sikharulidze and Gedevanishvili.

(Armin) Mahbanoozadeh is pretty cool, too. (Persian for "son of the moon goddess")

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I don't think any one of the three names Mirai Aileen Nagasu is that complicated and somehow they can become Marai Alien Negasu, even by a professed fan. Many Russian skaters names must present even more difficulties.

Nah, mistakes happen, just look at the variety of spellings Hanyu's name gets even by his ardent fans.

mrrice

Record Breaker

This is true. Especially the part about Russian Names. They drove us all crazy when we traveled to Russia. Well, not me...But the other cast members. Russians, Do you guys remember Tennis Star Nadia Petrova? We met her and her Parents while I was working for Coke and it was funny because my friends were like..."Um, Why is her Dad's last name Petrov??? I was like......I don't have time to explain it right now. I'll tell you on the bus.....:drama:

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I made sure I'd remember Patrick's last name. I put it in my username and location. That way, I am safe.

I am curious about this.... at this point, I think Patrick will not change his layouts. It's way too close to WC....

I am wondering if in LP there would be an advantage in doing

3Lz-1/2L-3S like he used to do (instead of 3Lz-2t-2L) and replace the 3S by a 2A... how is the math on that ? PS, I love the 3S timing and I dislike half loop combs :) so I'm just wondering about the maths:) not hoping he will change anything in his LP

Last edited:
I made sure I'd remember Patrick's last name. I put in my username and location. That way, I am safe.

I am going to try to hack your account by trying password Patrick, Chan, Pchiddy, Chan'sTheMan, etc. :)

I am curious about this.... at this point, I think Patrick will not change his layouts. It's way too close to WC....

I am wondering if in LP there would be an advantage in doing

3Lz-1/2L-3S like he used to do (instead of 3Lz-2t-2L) and replace the 3S by a 2A... how is the math on that ? PS, I love the 3S timing and I dislike half loop combs :) so I'm just wondering about the maths:) not hoping he will change anything in his LP

I usually don't like half-loop combos either because it just looks like the skater made an awkward mistake. But Patrick was skater that made me a believer in such elements. His half-loop combos are great. I think the key is to step into the half-loop with conviction.

Last edited: