2A
3F+3T
LSp4
3Lz
FSSp4
StSq4
CCoSp4

SP: 72.60 (1st) Q

I love this program, I think it was a great music choice and it's been fun to see Mao learn to perform this program. She was less performative and more focused in the opening here, likely because her short has been a bit nervy this year. I'd rather see her struggle in juniors than in seniors when there is more pressure and expectation on her, and we can see her develop her mental strength as she learns how to cope with pressure and mental blocks. Her lutz right on the beat of the music is so good, and after that, the performance floodgates opened.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
puss-in-boots-dance.gif

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
46. Jia SHIN KOR
Fascination by Fermo F.D. Marchetti

3F+3Tq?
2A
FSSp4
3Lz
CCoSp
StSq4
LSp3

SP: 73.48 (1st) Q

Jia keeps on growing up 😭 she looks like a young senior now, I remember when she was a tiny little sprout whose boots looked too big and now she's a gorgeous skater with lovely big jumps. I would give her the SP edge over Mao, and I think the judges will barring a rotation or edge call. Now, how a lead would affect her going into the free, I cannot say, but she really is such a spectacular skater that a win in the short would be wholly deserved.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
So sad for Olesya, Hana and Nina, who I thought were surely going to be able to qualify for the Free with clean(-ish) programs with a 3-3 (in Olesya and Nina's case). :console:

With a cutoff of 53.35, the score needed to qualify for the Free at this year's Worlds has increased by 4.77 points from last year, and is the highest ever in the women's field at Jr Worlds. It's also just 1.3 points lower than the cutoff at Sr Worlds last season. :jaw: