Anna Pogorilaya | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
ah, okay. Didn't know they skate at the same rink. Amazing that Caroll is still on skates....wow.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
She was working with Misha Ge in LA (he is her choreographer). They are just skate on the same rink, nothing more.

It means Misha is her choreographer for her next programs? :eeking: No offense to Misha, although I like some of his programs, especially to lyrical pieces that he choreographed by himself, I believe Anna needs more established choreographers for her works.

tinlizzie

Final Flight
It means Misha is her choreographer for her next programs? :eeking: No offense to Misha, although I like some of his programs, especially to lyrical pieces that he choreographed by himself, I believe Anna needs more established choreographers for her works.

I respectfully disagree. I have never felt that Anna was connected to the music in her programs. Working with Misha may help with her artistry and I'm sure he will do everything to pick music she connects to. That can only help her performance:agree2:

alskling

On the Ice
Well... Anna and Misha have a close relationship (maybe even more than friendship:rolleye:). And this is not a spontaneous idea.

So this is qoute from Misha Ge:''Few month ago we start talks with Anna's Team, about choreography for new season and picking styles and genre for new program. Few month after we be able to bring these idea to life. It was a pleasure to work with such a Great Skater and Friend. Special thanks to Russian Federation and Anna Team for approve and trust to work on that piece of art. Will keep work on it during the season, for make it better and better.''

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEu-NhVnH43/?taken-by=mikibear8

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I skimmed recent pictures of Anna and Misha together a couple days ago, and just assumed she shared a rink with him while training in CA. The picture of Anna posing with the team Carroll made me believe that her new choreographer for the next season is Lori Nicole...and in the false speculation, I was excited the federation reckoned her success at Worlds, so their money would be worth to invest her to get the highly expensive choreographer in the world. So Misha as her choreographer surprised me.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I respectfully disagree. I have never felt that Anna was connected to the music in her programs. Working with Misha may help with her artistry and I'm sure he will do everything to pick music she connects to. That can only help her performance:agree2:

Well, she is a great performer at least in exhibition programs. Her transformation from a gentleman to a blondie was one of the best last season. The immense pressure she has to carry on may affect her facial expressions in competition though. Since Anna started a collaboration with Misha, I just wish her all the best in that effort.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Well, she is a great performer at least in exhibition programs. Her transformation from a gentleman to a blondie was one of the best last season. The immense pressure she has to carry on may affect her facial expressions in competition though. Since Anna started a collaboration with Misha, I just wish her all the best in that effort.
I actually loved her "Tango in a Madhouse" ex and would like it if that became a competitive program. She was so expressive in that ex! (I feel like this is true for a lot of skaters who are not particularly expressive in competition.)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I skimmed recent pictures of Anna and Misha together a couple days ago, and just assumed she shared a rink with him while training in CA. The picture of Anna posing with the team Carroll made me believe that her new choreographer for the next season is Lori Nicole...and in the false speculation, I was excited the federation reckoned her success at Worlds, so their money would be worth to invest her to get the highly expensive choreographer in the world. So Misha as her choreographer surprised me.

She may still get an established choreographer for the other program, as I believe Misha is choreographing only one :) I actually like the idea that Misha is doing choreography, I'm sure he's doing all he can to make the best choreo for Anna and the program might be something different from what we see so far from her :hap10:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I'm team "Misha for Anna's choreo!" too :) She seems to have a great relationship with him, he knows her as a person and I'm sure he's a better option then most choreographers to get Anna to open op and get even more emotionally involved in her programs. I don't think she isn't expressive at all (her worlds SP was FIERCE!), but she has lots of room to grow still, and a choreographer who knows who she is and how to make her comfortable with his ideas and visions might be exactly what she needs at this point. I can't wait to see the results!:cheer:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I actually loved her "Tango in a Madhouse" ex and would like it if that became a competitive program. She was so expressive in that ex! (I feel like this is true for a lot of skaters who are not particularly expressive in competition.)

Thanks for the video. I honestly didn't see that Ex program until today because I skipped most of gala shows at the end of any competition events as a person mostly drawn into competition. However, as a lot of people have praised her EX programs, so I've watched some of them. I love the tango music by Schnittke and challenging concept except the weird costume which reminds me of Berg's Wozzeck. If the program with a sultry and dramatic music turns into a competitive program, some of her critics could look again at her artistic development. However, the concept can be a bit risky though since judges are conservative in general and do not seem to reward properly skaters with innovative spirits who try something new in the sport. That is why we've been stuck with warhorse music.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
She may still get an established choreographer for the other program, as I believe Misha is choreographing only one :) I actually like the idea that Misha is doing choreography, I'm sure he's doing all he can to make the best choreo for Anna and the program might be something different from what we see so far from her :hap10:

I don't doubt Misha's choreographic abilities, but if skaters perform to programs by star choreographers, they tend to get more attention and exposure to figure skating fans. Star choreographers tend to brag about their achievements on media which in turn somewhat leads to promote their clients. I do not like all of such choreographers' works, but since Anna is rising from the previous position as a Russian third lady who could be held down at any time, I wanted to see the federation's willingness to invest in her potentials with big money. :)

I agree that Misha who seems to be a close friend of Anna, can bring out a fresh aspect from he since her may know her strength and weakness very well.

Last edited:

Fanof

On the Ice
Anna is once again seeking suggestions for her FS program for next season.

https://vk.com/topic-64889146_33529648

Dear friends! You can offer Anna a new free program for season 2016-2017!
Requirements for the registration of your message:
1. Each version of the program to send a separate message.
2. For music to be attached sketch or photo of the costume.
3. If you do not have sketches, several kinds of music, you can send one post.
4. The volume of music is not less than 4 minutes.
5. Write a brief description of the plot of the program (optional). The messages are not deleted on the topic.

No, she didn't end up using any of her suggestions last season, but if nothing else, it's wonderful that she is open to different ideas, and you never know what she might decide. Also, some very interesting (good, bad, and ugly ;) ) suggestions have already been posted.

Hello

Here is my suggestion for next year's LP. I tried to find something less classical than Firebird or Scheherazade! Could someone with a VK account copy it on the correct webpage? Thanks

The Tom and Jerry Show by Hiromi Uehara (https://youtu.be/L8qHOeu5Ops)
Costume: like Fedichkina's or any costume making her look like a cat, in light gray, dark gray and white like Tom's fur
First part: Tom tries to catch Jerry and Jerry tries to trap Tom - Central part: Tom and Jerry call a truce and make friends - Final part: The truce is broken, Tom tries to catch Jerry and Jerry tries to trap Tom again and again

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Stunning beauty indeed. :love: Seems like magazine stuffs?

Seems to be a gift by her fans. She thanked her fans on her vk.com social network page for a surprise photo session. I think her fans chipped in and hired a pro-photog with makeup artist for her.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I wouldn't be suprised if she gets some offers from magazines :love:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
In my opinion Anna looks better than even professional models. It's unbelieavable to me that fans have to pay for a photoshoot. I think she could easily model for brands like adidas or the like without anyone even guessing that she's not a professional model but an elite sportswoman. Someone has to see that potential. If I'd work for a brand I'd try to do my best to get this girl...who else would be better suited? Figure skating is also a sport that includes controlling your facial expression, looking good when you are pushing yourself physically. And Anna is able to do that. She would be splendid.