Gailhaguet: Next Year, P/C will be OGM | Golden Skate

Gailhaguet: Next Year, P/C will be OGM

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Someone on another forum pointed out this Tweet from French President Didier Gailhaguet:

A cette heure ci dans un an jour pour jour Gabriella Papadakis et Guillaume Cizeron seront champions olympiques de danse sur glace#ffsg

Which roughly translates to: "At this time in a year to day Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron will be Olympic champions of ice dancing #FFSG"

https://twitter.com/DGailhaguet/status/833807802577588224

That's pretty ballsy for the President of a figure skating federation to say. He either just has a lot of confidence in Guillaume and Gabriella (why shouldn't he) or there are other nefarious things going on. All federations politick, but I thought the ones that are good at it are usually quieter and more artful about it...like it looks like the result was not a result of politicking.

This whole thing reminds me of what I read about him in the book The Second Mark. What do you all think?

Barb

Record Breaker
Someone on another forum pointed out this Tweet from French President Didier Gailhaguet:

Which roughly translates to: "At this time in a year to day Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron will be Olympic champions of ice dancing #FFSG"

https://twitter.com/DGailhaguet/status/833807802577588224

That's pretty ballsy for the President of a figure skating federation to say. He either just has a lot of confidence in Guillaume and Gabriella (why shouldn't he) or there are other nefarious things going on. All federations politick, but I thought the ones that are good at it are usually quieter and more artful about it...like it looks like the result was not a result of politicking.

This whole thing reminds me of what I read about him in the book The Second Mark. What do you all think?

Well, this dude is really interested on them, what other president of a federation is fangirling like him?. The rumors says he was who noted the mistake or got that judges change the score of C/L. I am not sure what he is talking about, but definitely he will be making sure everything is okay with them.

andromache

Record Breaker
I think if something nefarious were going on, Didier would know better than to tweet about it. He's not thaaaaaat stupid.

He's from a federation with one real Olympic medal hope (and P/C are pretty awesome, let's be real) and he wants to brag about them. If they were the favorites and winning everything this season, his attitude would come off to me as arrogant or obnoxious, but since P/C are kinda the underdogs at the moment, I don't mind it so much.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I think if something nefarious were going on, Didier would know better than to tweet about it. He's not thaaaaaat stupid.

He's from a federation with one real Olympic medal hope (and P/C are pretty awesome, let's be real) and he wants to brag about them. If they were the favorites and winning everything this season, his attitude would come off to me as arrogant or obnoxious, but since P/C are kinda the underdogs at the moment, I don't mind it so much.

Sounds like famous last words.... :popcorn: :coffee:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
isn't that the guy who organised the rigged judging in 2002...

there... i said it...

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Meh. Talk's cheap. Of course Gailhaguet is cheer-leading for P&C. Go Chock nd Bates!

Talk is cheap, but politicking and getting block judges isn't. :p

That said, P/C wouldn't be unworthy champions if they skate as well as we've seen them skate.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Didier is not afraid to openly politic. Not surprised.

But if for some reason his words do not hold true then we can all have a good laugh next year and FFSG athletes can tell him to stop jinxing them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i like the reply there :)

Lorraine Langager ‏@DuolangLangager 2h2 hours ago

@DGailhaguet Why? Are you going to make it happen? Let them win on their merits like everyone else. Don't ruin the sport that we love.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Skating fans have noted for years at how bad the French Fed under Gailhaguet is at politicking just because he's so shameless about being so public about it.

humbaba

Final Flight
Papadakis and Cizeron are already bearing the weight of high expectations. Why add to the pressure by making a public statement that they will deliver Olympic gold? I don't get it.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
It's funny because he almost ruined their career when they refused to leave Zazoui before Sochi (and consequently gave the 2nd French spot to Carron & Jones).

He's quite lucky that Gabby & Guillaume had enough money to continue training when he pulled their funding as punishment for not moving to Detroit like the other French teams.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
So, the man who ruined the sport for many, wants to ruin the sport for the rest? :angry1: All that "Twitters" is not gold!

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
No season of FS is completed without some funny action from Didier.

P/S: Go, The Shibs!

yuna13

On the Ice
He is just supporting is only chance of medal at Olympic. Look what happened at euros short dance: The guy has no power. He has a big mouth that's all. The majority of us (French people) don't like him, so we stop listening to him.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Folks like Gailhaguet should get a lifetime ban or else this sport is forever doomed, they are many up there... ISU and federations need a major clearance from those bacteria.