Jason Brown | Page 440 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Some good (?) news regarding hair:

If anyone wants a view from behind of tonight's man-bun, take a look at Jason in Adam's Instagram story at the closing dinner for Champs Camp.

Ash and Adam are in the foreground, with Jason and Karen in the background.

From behind, tonight's (low) man-bun looks much the same (IMO) as before Champs Camp.
The new shaving below and at the sides of the man-bun is apparent, but not jarring (as it sorta was to me at the media training session).​

Did the Champs Camp stylist do that to him? A couple of skaters posted new "do's" today from the stylist. Not a fan. ...

I don't know whose idea it was, but the shaving must have been done during Champs Camp, AFAIK.

[Given that Jason is a local, I suppose we cannot rule out the possibility that maybe he could have ducked "off campus" to a stylist he knows in the vicinity of Colorado Springs or Monument. But that seems doubtful to me.]

At the time of the class photo on Saturday evening, I do not think the shaving had taken place.

I'm sorry, I know many have probably already seen these, I just live for Jason and Grant's interactions:

Grant is not happy about having lost to Jason's good luck frog ...

Lynn Rutherford :luv17: did a great job of giving us photos from Champs Camp, but maybe her caption for this one was slightly off the mark ;).

Maybe Grant's thoughts behind his not-impressed look :cool: are more along the lines of:
"Ummm, dude, what happened to your hair since yesterday?
The changes are not going to be too obvious from this photo's angle, and fine by me if you use Mr. Froggy as a diversion this once.
But sooner or later, your fans are going to notice that you look different ..."​

:laugh:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Ice Coverage's observations are also confirmed in this Facebook Live from the banquet. Still with the fade/scissor cut, but at least with the slicked back manbun.

Jason appears in the first three minutes, and as far as I can tell, does not reappear, but is as, well, Jason like, as ever (and dutifully gives a shout-out to the sponsors):

https://www.facebook.com/usfigureskating/videos/10154941074581342/

He is like, super, super, super excited to be here. I am sure we are all just *shocked* to hear that;):laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That FB live did not have nearly enough Jason and a severe lack of SnuggleBat. *miffed*

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes, to elaborate on my reference above to the "jarring" look at the media training session (where the men understandably were in casual training wear), I do think that the high sorta-straggly ponytail accentuated what I imprecisely have been calling the new "shaving" (sorry, I don't know hair lingo).

But for me, it was reassuring that at the classy dinner last night (where Jason wore his once-a-year hipster jacket look and some of the ladies got quite glammed up), his hair was in a tidy low man-bun, which made the "shaving" far less jarring to my eyes. YMMV.

So .... my hope/extrapolation would be that on occasions when Jason is making an effort to appear at his best (such as competing in front of judges), we would not see the more jarring high ponytail. Only my hope/extrapolation.

That FB live did not have nearly enough Jason and a severe lack of SnuggleBat. *miffed*

I don't know if the non-produced nature of the live session was supposed to be part of its charm?? (I didn't hate it, but didn't love it either.)

I too missed Max, but I think what happened is that he was among those who did not actively volunteer to take part. And did not happen to wander by close enough to get pulled/thrown in :laugh:.

nimi

Medalist
Wow, much ado about hairdo!

Maybe Jason's hair should get a thread all of its own? :laugh:

I think it was in a Skating Magazine article that he admitted that he has been dying/darkening his hair for years now and Rohene normally does it
I think it's kinda sweet that Rohene is not only his choreographer but also his go-to hairdresser.

TMC

Record Breaker
I don't really mind the hairdo that much. In fact, in that instagram video it even looked kinda cool. That one photograph is really bad though, I agree. The lighting does not do him any favours!

jacky

On the Ice
I don't think it looks that bad really and he is almost 23 now a grown adult he can do what he likes with his hair. I would think by now hes pretty used too people gawlking over his hair and being different and doing what he wants with it. Jason is still Jason that has not changed any that's why we love him and still as cute as ever a fine looking young man. go Jason and go usa.:hap10:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
SnuggleBat has provided for us. On his instagram story right now there's video of a team building exercise including Jason in American-flag pants :)laugh:) and doing a nice tumbling pass.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Icenetwork has updated Jason's profile with this season's program selections and we finally have a name for his free skate music:

SP Music: "The Room Where it Happens" by Lin Manuel Miranda from Hamilton
FS Music: "Inner Love" by Maxime Rodriguez

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/profile/jason_brown

We can still call it Son of Piano, if we want. ;)

"inner Love"? I guess there are worse names for songs, but seems bland for an original composition. Wasn't "the Piano" officially "the Scent of Love" (not a great title for a tune, if you ask me). But at least we now have a title;)

I wonder if the "Hamilton" listing on Ice Network means that the SP passed muster at Champs Camp? I don't remember how long it took Jason to switch to Sam Smith last year, but I know it was a Champs Camp suggestion.....:scratch2:

jacky

On the Ice
I love both his sp music and his fs music this season I this they will both do great go Jason and team usa!:hap10:

Ross74

Medalist
I wonder if the "Hamilton" listing on Ice Network means that the SP passed muster at Champs Camp? I don't remember how long it took Jason to switch to Sam Smith last year, but I know it was a Champs Camp suggestion.....:scratch2:

I wondered that as well ;)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Carly Gold is still the better photographer I think. But nice effort.

Agreed; I think Carly has been at it for a while longer:)

In fact, Jason has some competition at 7K for photography skills. Their Administrative Assistant has set up a IG photography account. No photos of Jason, but...

looks Rohene demonstrating some choreo moves

and some gorgeous photos of Colorado countryside. Of course, it's hard to take bad photos of Colorado countryside.....

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Agreed; I think Carly has been at it for a while longer:)

In fact, Jason has some competition at 7K for photography skills. Their Administrative Assistant has set up a IG photography account. No photos of Jason, but...

looks Rohene demonstrating some choreo moves

and some gorgeous photos of Colorado countryside. Of course, it's hard to take bad photos of Colorado countryside.....

Heather is actually their administrator, not an AA.

Funny how much Rohene's hair reminds me of Jason's new do. It fits Rohene though.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
oops, sorry about Heather:eek:: All these new-fangled titles just get to me.....

And, has everyone seen this artistic rendering and comparison by Ms. Yoonk (ETA: of hair;) ), who did the excellent comic on meeting Jason at the Japan fan club meeting:

https://twitter.com/yoooonk_24H/status/900128000934531073

We need a Champs Camp vlog to stop us talking about Jason's hair....or not:biggrin:

Ross74

Medalist
We need a Champs Camp vlog to stop us talking about Jason's hair....or not:biggrin:

Well, there's the Jason section of Lynn Rutherford's article on men at Champs Camp. Champs Camp Chatter.

I thought this was interesting:

For Skate Milwaukee in mid-July, Brown admits he "was definitely going back and forth -- 'should I compete or not?' I can barely make it through with singles.' But I trust my coach, Kori [Ade], and she really wanted me to compete and show the new concepts. It goes back to putting ego and expectations aside. But I'll tell you, I've never been more nervous competing singles."