Jason Brown | Page 442 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

jacky

On the Ice
yes I agree you can never get enough Jason. I am really hoping he will do great this season and no injureys please. andlets say aprayer for jasons friend gracie gold that she will able too rest and regroup and still be healthy too compete this season,

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know we've probably already seen Jason's "fast forward" Hamilton video posted on social media:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYg1yhXguIt/?taken-by=jasonbskates

But, since we have time to kill until Lombardia and I have nothing else to do, I am taking this as proof positive that 1) Champs Camp approved of Hamilton or 2) Champs Camp didn't like, but Jason is full speed ahead anyway.

I vote for number two:biggrin: ETA2: much more tired than I thought, I meant I voted for number one. Never give myself more than one option:palmf:

ETA: Also interesting that Tarah Kayne reposted Jason's "We Get Up" message seven hours ago (as of this time of I post this) with the message "Now more than ever, it doesn't matter how we fall, it's how #WeGetUp ❤️"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYgxioSgTy5/?taken-by=tarahkayne

Brava Tarah, and Bravo again, Jason.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Should be noted that the song in the instagram vid is not actually The Room Where It Happens (though it repeats some lines), it's actually Your Obedient Servant which is a very dark exchange between Hamilton and Burr and ends with Burr challenging Hamilton to the duel. Which we all know how that ends...

jacky

On the Ice
I love Hamilton and absolulety adore Jason brown.good luck in the up coming season 2018 Jason.:thumbsup::agree:

TMC

Record Breaker
Jason is not coming to FT :(

(But Deanna & Nate are! As well as Damian & Julia and Lorraine & Quinn, so yay for them!!!)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So, not only is this an adorable photo of present day Jason and Max and kind-of-baby Jason and Max, but....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYrdYlPgSoS/?taken-by=jasonbskates

he's been buying those red white and blue wigs for seven years :eeking::laugh:

I like the modern version better:biggrin:

BTW, I believe the present-day photo is from late last week, when Jason and Max apparently were taking part in a USOC shoot.

A fun action snippet of of Max leapfrogging over Jason (both decked out in the Team USA regalia) was in an Instagram story from one of the skeleton athletes also involved in the shoot.
If we're lucky, maybe Team USA will use the footage in a published video.
And/or maybe Jason will use it in a vlog? :popcorn:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason is not coming to FT :(

(But Deanna & Nate are! As well as Damian & Julia and Lorraine & Quinn, so yay for them!!!)

So sad!:( But Deanna and Nate and Damian and Julia are a plus. (I have recentlymet someone who is coached by Damian, so of course, even having never seen him, I now need to be a fan:biggrin:)

BTW, I believe the present-day photo is from late last week, when Jason and Max apparently were taking part in a USOC shoot.

A fun action snippet of of Max leapfrogging over Jason (both decked out in the Team USA regalia) was in an Instagram story from one of the skeleton athletes also involved in the shoot.
If we're lucky, maybe Team USA will use the footage in a published video.
And/or maybe Jason will use it in a vlog? :popcorn:

I like the vlog idea. :agree: That may explain Jason's little foray last week into skeet shooting with some other Olympians, which was evidently done under the lead of a skeleton athlete, Stephen Garbett.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I like the vlog idea. :agree: That may explain Jason's little foray last week into skeet shooting with some other Olympians, which was evidently done under the lead of a skeleton athlete, Stephen Garbett.

No offense to Mikulak's video, but the best (AFAIK) stuff of Jason from the shooting outing also was only on Instagram story (AFAIK?), so I hope that Jason will get his hands on it for vlogging. (If he is not too busy training for Lombardia and beyond ;) :laugh:.)
There were better (and longer) close-ups of the newbie shooters taking their turns.
A very Jason-esque moment took place when Tarah laughingly said that her arm was tired and she lowered the gun. Off camera, safety-first Jason could be heard saying protectively, "Don't point it at your feet."
Jason was seen missing his first two shots as Garbett kept encouraging him. When Jason nailed his third shot, his facial expression of "Wow, I did it" was visible.

Along with the bobsledders, the skeleton athletes seem to be a very sociable and skating/skater-friendly bunch: Kendall, Dak, Garbett (who was a judge for the individual Aerial Challenge, for example).
Always nice to see Jason, Max, Tarah, etc., enjoying OTC friendships.

TMC

Record Breaker
So I had a look and if Jason wants to do another Challenger event this season, he could do Tallinn Trophy on Nov 21-26 (which would be awesome since we're planning on going this year), Warsaw Cup (Nov 16, unlikely since it's just days after NHK Trophy, which ends on the 12th) or Golden Spin (which is at the same time as the final). I think the likeliest option is Tallinn.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also not a huge fan of shooting, but I can still see Jason doing this: socializing with his fellow OTC residents and trying something new. So hopefully now he's tried it and it's out of his system;)

I was also a little puzzled by the Challenger assignments, until I saw this chart. If I am reading it correctly, according to the ISU, only Vincent and Ross have two Challengers so far. (I haven't bothered to check to see if USFS has confirmed them). So Jason is in good company with just one.:)

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cs2017/csmen.htm

TMC

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think part of the reason why Jason was able to win the Challenger series two seasons in a row was that a lot of the top skaters only did one Challenger competition. He was one of the few who did two each season.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It looks to me like they're giving Vincent (junior last year) and Ross (no GPs) the chance to earn World Standing points, and maybe trying to decide if Ross should get Skate America.

As to Jason, perhaps he and his team decided he has a better chance of staying injury free if he only does one challenger series event (though the sub for Finlandia would argue against that). Or maybe, that a later event would serve him better for some reason. I guess we'll see.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Also not a huge fan of shooting, but I can still see Jason doing this: socializing with his fellow OTC residents and trying something new. So hopefully now he's tried it and it's out of his system;) ...

Same here -- I am not a huge fan of shooting -- but am OK with Jason trying something new.

Meanwhile, check out Tarah Kayne's Instagram story for something else new that Jason has tried (with her as a buddy).

(Wonder whether the impetus that he mentions was something that was part of official feedback at Champs Camp, or just something that someone there said to him casually??)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Huh.

In my experience, that stuff doesn't work very well. If he really wants to improve his skin, he'd be far better off seeing a dermatologist and/or having regular facials.

jacky

On the Ice
I cant wait for Jason too compete next week is anyone planning on going too see Jason skate?:yahoo: