2017 GP Skate America Pairs SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Pairs SP

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How do Meagan and Eric do that 3Lz?! Seems so difficult. Glad to see Eric is in good shape and recovered from his Worlds back-pain woes.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
they must have gone out on the street and paid people to come in and watch

Sarah once said that should raid Kindergarden's to fill the stands. I said Nursing Homes. I think they might have listened to me. :drama:

the pairs all did a great job tonight despite the flaws, & falls. I hope Kristen Moore-Towers is okay. she took a nasty fall.

Pasdedeux

Rinkside
Bruno / Massot

Tech: Extra high 3Twist. Good throw 3F with nice ice coverage. Fall from Bruno on the sbs 3S. Interesting position in the death spiral, nice and tight combo spin with a touch of loss in speed in the first part. Like the attack through the flamenco-inspired footwork, but could have more speed coming out of it. Nice rotational exit and one-armed entry in the lift. (My my, the IN commentator talks A LOT.)

Pres: Definitely the best interpretation and performance so far. Massot could sell the music more with better Spanish line. Savchenko sells it like she's on fire, though.

I appreciate your commentary, but I do think Aliona/Savchenko is a better description.:)

NicolettaL

Final Flight
I unexpectly enjoyed D/R a lot despite horrible u2 cover
Shame about small wobbles from Aliona and Bruno. This program is such a gem.
Loooool the audience. They would have kill me if I would be there cheering as loud as I can for my skaters as I usually do xD

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The French crowd was great. They should fly some of them around to all the GPs as seat fillers. Money well spent.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Agreed about the American audience being muted. Like, no standing O for Y/Z or D/R? Damn, I know American pairs aren't medal contenders here, but even they got muted reactions from the crowd.

Really? I don't think any of them deserved a standing O. A standing O should be for something extra special, not obligatory.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Well, the crowd isn't animated right now mainly because it's a Friday. The seats will be more packed on Saturday and Sunday.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there some disconnect between audio and real life? People are definitely cheering... it's not the excitement level of worlds but people are definitely applauding and cheering. I've been cheering and so have lots and lots of other people.

Alba

Record Breaker
Despite the sbs jump, which has always been their weakness, Scimeca&Knerim SS have improved a lot this season.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Is there some disconnect between audio and real life? People are definitely cheering... it's not the excitement level of worlds but people are definitely applauding and cheering. I've been cheering and so have lots and lots of other people.

Maybe the audio on the arena is not picking it up. It seems very quiet to us.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The French crowd was great. They should fly some of them around to all the GPs as seat fillers. Money well spent.

there should be an export audience team made from French, Japanese and Chechs/Slovakians who did amazing job at Europeans past 2 years