2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2 | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2

firal

Record Breaker
Overall a wonderful ladies team competition! Much better than men's! Who said ice was too soft and morning skate time was not ideal?? :laugh:

Evgenia Medvedeva

Good flying spin to open, and a solid amount of footwork. Great tano 3Lz+rippon 3T. Beauitful 3Lo and a tano 2A. And a strong pair of ending spins with nice centering. A wonderfully performance on a technical level. I didn't feel the performance as much as I usually do, but she'll get 1st place no matter what. She's in a class of her own (with Zagitova).

Wait, she Lutzed? I thought it was a Flip-Toe, as usual?

jimini

On the Ice
Having watched this, I'm worried Nagasu & Chen will get hammered by the tech panel in the ladies event.

synteis

Medalist
Congrats to Zhenya! New WR!

@Kaetlyn, no bby, whyyyyyyy. I'd rather here than in the individuals but combined with her performance at CanNats she's got me all nervous. Please don't do this to my heart (and please at last a clean Swan Lake and show us all how glorious it truly is). At least her errors were more in the line of too much speed, too much power, too much excitement. That seems like the kind who might go away after a venture onto Olympics ice this time around.

begin

Medalist
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Do we know if Alina is skating the team event?

Obviously Med will be leading here, but, and this will probably be unpopular, I thought that looked a little rough and slow. Still, light years ahead of Zagitova, imo.

Def less ice coverage than the skaters before her. Idk about rough. This program was always too loud for the music (completely pointless use of Chopin thanks to the choreographer from hell).

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am happy Italy has qualified! Boy I was so nervous for Kaetlyn, much more nervous than she was...I hope she will skate better in the single event. She looked a bit to scared/excited today. Good fighting anyway!. Evgenia was amazing as always. The score was a bit too high, as that Axel was not so nice, still clear victory for her

wusswuss

On the Ice
Really hoped Carolina would have considerably higher components than Zhenya, just to make a clear distinction... but in the end the order is correct and that is what matters

whatif

Medalist
Some questionable judging here. Osmond should have been placed behind Tennell. And I would even place Choi ahead of her. So in fair world, Canada and Russia should have been tied going into the Frees.

Feline Feeder

Rinkside
That was ridiculous. Two people made clear mistakes (Kaetlyn and Mai) but were put ahead of Bradie. Why? Because her toe pick made noise? Give me a break. Bradie should have been third, behind Carolina and Evgenia. I'd say there was anti-American bias, except that they put Nathan ahead of several clean or cleaner skaters, so I guess they just prop up whomever is the most famous at the time.

icybear

Medalist
The Russian cheerleaders are making sure their athletes dont get the Sochi reception that they give to Kim. I wonder if they werent that loud what we would be hearing from the rest of the arena

s_parks

Record Breaker
I’d love if they sent her to Shae Lynn.

Or David Wilson. Or Nichols. Tom Dickson. Any of those would actually do justice to the raw talent that's so evident. It's obviously not a cost issue; you can't tell me with a straight face her programs now are the best.

Giselle

Medalist
Looking at the results after the SP, Kolyada's performance was really costly to OAR. They could totally be leading right now!

randomfan

Record Breaker
Standings seem right other than Kaetlyn being ahead of Satoko and Bradie. Scores have some issues as usual.