2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2 | Page 79 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2

lavoix

Match Penalty
Where are the protocols???

Bradie just doesn't have the PCS to compete with the top guns (yet). Hoping she works with Zoueva next season on dance/artistry.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't understand why Satoko's PCS is so low--in the 8s. Is she being punished for technical problems? Osmond had technical problems, too, but still got 9s.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Now I'm going to sleep relatively in peace. Nothing surprised me. Caro got her major PCS(deservingly so), Satoko got her minor PCS(not the one she deserved), Osmond got more generous PCS, Evgenia skated clean and got her massive score. Nothing new under the sun.
Good night everyone!
I can't stand for Pairs. :(

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
OMG EVGENIA. OMG. What a queen, I’m so happy I woke up in the middle of the night for this.

I can’t believe it’s her first skate on Olympic ice and she throws a world record. LEGEND. ❤️😭

schizoanalyst

Medalist
If anyone cares, the assessment from my 3 male roommates who have never watched figure skating ever and were coerced into by me (the plebs opinions are sometimes useful :biggrin:):

1 - Medvedeva - they liked the arms thing
2 - Kostner - thought it was pretty
3 - Miyahara - thought it was pretty
4 - Osmond - liked the music mostly I think
5 - Choi - thought it was OK but got bored =/
6 - Tennell - all of them were bored =/

They only watched the final group.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Evgenia was a vision of perfection and grit. I loved it! Give her all the points!
My poor Satoko was killed in PCS by the judges and that made me really mad. I totally agree with their giving her those URs on the combo...but give her scores where she deserves them!

fredtx121

On the Ice
Most likely Final Prediction
Gold - Canada- 71
Silver- OAR- 66
Bronze - USA - 61
4th- Japan- 55
5th- Italy - 54

They should use Mirai for the FS. Any US lady will end up last, but at least Mirai will get an Olympic Medal! =)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
not really... another american girl needs to only score 65+ to be in her 5th place position...or at least 58 to be 6th...

I think Mirai should skate the long program. She has a higher scoring potential. The message to Bradie is, you're not ready
yet.

rain

Record Breaker
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Do we know if Alina is skating the team event?

Def less ice coverage than the skaters before her. Idk about rough. This program was always too loud for the music (completely pointless use of Chopin thanks to the choreographer from hell).

She had a pretty obvious balance check when she was skating into her jump combo — looked like she caught a rut in the ice — plus some of her transitions were more perfunctory and rushed than usual from her (one of my biggest beefs with Zagitova). That's what I meant by rough. The footwork sequence was painfully slow.