Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

nunner

Spectator
No Name Face
As always - thoughtfully, respectfully stated. The attention they are getting after the TE is amazing!!

johnsmith72

On the Ice
I have rewatched their free dance from the team event a couple of times and it's so bizzare... I loved individual moments better from some of their previous iterations of this program(I still miss the "seasons my change" refrain they axed), but for the first time I felt like it was one cohesive program that's now somehow better than the sum of its parts. In previous iterations, I felt that individual moments(The circular lift to the words "I will love you", and the dying/falling into her arms at the ending) were almost better than the sum of the program itself. Now I feel the opposite. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Diok

Rinkside
I think this version of the program is the best one thus far much better than the GPfinal and a more dramatic than Skate Canada....It just feels rich and more complete could be Tessa's stunning dress....actually for both programs the SD dress looks like a balmain lol

ChanClan

On the Ice
No matter what happens... I will be happy for VM and all they've accomplished. If they win another medal in the IE, they'll have the most Olympic medals in Figure Skating and that's something that no one can deny. I just hope VM go out and deliver two perfect performances to end a wonderful career.

johnsmith72

On the Ice
Does anyone know why T&S got level 3 footwork on both their footwork sequences? I watched the dance multiple times and did not see an error in their circular step sequence but thought the ending of their diagonal step sequence seemed a tad off right before their delayed twizzles? Could someone with a more trained eye tell if there were any missteps by one of them?

blackey

On the Ice
Does anyone know why T&S got level 3 footwork on both their footwork sequences? I watched the dance multiple times and did not see an error in their circular step sequence but thought the ending of their diagonal step sequence seemed a tad off right before their delayed twizzles? Could someone with a more trained eye tell if there were any missteps by one of them?

because the judges decided to lowball them :)

ChanClan

On the Ice

I mean, you can get a level 3 for not having clear, clean edges so maybe it was that. Those types of things are hard to see on the videos that the public gets. The judges have extra camera views to help evaluate the elements.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
https://mobile.twitter.com/rockerskating/status/964845435968937984

All I can say is WOW... This observation reminded me about thing said by British ESP guys during 2013 GPF SD after Tessa and Scott's performance: their every moment is a perfect photo opportunity. And this tweet confirms that again - at first, I even did not recognize that the shot was done in the middle of twizzles :drama:, perfect posture, control in carriage, fantastic expression of face AND body at the same time... What a testament for her skills after 20 years of skating, still producing excellence in motion, vividness in visual. Suddenly, Scott's words that 'everyone needs a Tessa in their live' sounds quite right, definitely an inspiration.

And their starting number for SD is 20;), what a charming coincidence I would say. No doubt this is going to be a celebration of their colourful career and doing it - once again - mostly for themselves, against many.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

Just was supposed to post the same:) :), thank You nonetheless!

What can I say? A firecracker, with enough space to flirt, enjoy and seduce. So rich, varied, yet balanced dance. Every fancam video helps to understand how dimensional they skating is. Tessa's hands/arms finishing is just beyond. And they attack everything with full force that uppers excitement.

Here is fancam from TE FD https://youtu.be/xxSh1Zfgi7E

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
One of the fun/slightly terrifying things about the Olympics is how many people I follow online for other content who have suddenly been talking about skating! In particular, after the opening ceremony I was seeing a ton of love for Tessa and Scott from writers and YouTubers I never knew were aware ice dance existed, haha. They may only watch every four years, but they've got good taste!

kittyhawk

Rinkside
The scoring is utter BS (PCS lower than P/C? Really?). Why do I feel that if P didn't have that wardrobe malfunction, they'd be even closer in score to VM?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All level 4s! Please let them get the gold tomorrow, they so deserve to go out on top.

Diok

Rinkside
Do Tessa and Scott skate after Papadakis and Cizeron tomorrow since they are in first place? I think Tessa and Scott can do it!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
They’re going to need a heck of a skate tomorrow. Their SD is stronger than P/C but not their free

They need judges' love for their FD material, that is what is missing for them and they have not enough of those. At this point, it is no longer about who has or has not better program, better execution/performance of it. It was not about it all season long and it won't change now. SD that just happened is the brightest proof of that. You simply cannot break the glass celling, if it is keeping rising.