Daisuke Takahashi | Page 186 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Imov

Medalist
Goodluck later Dai, you made it to your goal the Jnats.
All your hardwork has been paid off.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Uncle Dai on his silver medal! So great to see him and Shoma together on the podium (along with Dad Keiji).

:dance: :dance2: :peace: :party2: :bow: :hb:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I know this wasn't the skate he imagined, but congrats on the silver medal! No tears this time! :clapper:

I'm in awe that he had the guts to go for the 4T, even if it didn't work out. Over these past couple of days he has proven in practice that he can do it and we know that he's capable of much more overall than what he was able to deliver today. Just goes to show again what a nerve-wrecking competition JNats is! He still got such a warm reception and deservedly so! He's one in a million. An exceptionally artistically gifted skater, who can bring the technical goods too when he's on his game. I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to witness his "renaissance" as a competitor.

Thank you, Dai-chan! ❤ It's onwards and upwards from here! :yay:

Merry Christmas everyone!!! :ghug:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
大ちゃん!Congratulations!!! I never would've guessed this would happen. Yes, I hoped it some tiny corner of my heart, but silver at Nationals 5 years after the 2013 heartbreak.....WOW! I'm hoping we will see your Pale Green Ghosts again, because I'm very sure there is an amazing skate, just waiting to get out!! I'm happy today, thank you so much!!! :love:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
It seems Dai was named to the Worlds team, but declined. I'm a little disappointed, but somehow expected this. He might think he doesn't deserve it... :(

Please know that we're still very proud of you and that we hope you'll consider competing beyond this season, dear Dai-chan! :pray:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It seems Dai was named to the Worlds team, but declined. I'm a little disappointed, but somehow expected this. He might think he doesn't deserve it... :(

Please know that we're still very proud of you and that we hope you'll consider competing beyond this season, dear Dai-chan! :pray:

He did deserve it and what would I've given to see a Shoma, Yuzu and Daisuke Team at Worlds in Japan. I will be sad if that was the last time we saw these two new beautiful programs. ;_; I just don't know...is there more to come? I really do hope so.

Danibellerika

Medalist

I can't say I'm a little disappointed. I am flat out bummed, especially because he 100% deserves to go.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Dai said he declined because he was not really ready to compete internationally, but also said there is no future with a 32-years old and it is more important that younger skaters experience major international competitions under huge pressures. It is uncertain when he declined, before or after Nats. I remember he said when he announced it last July that his comeback might take chances away from a younger skater.

He said he is NOT retiring because he is far from satisfied with today's performance, and feels like he could do better.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/12/24/kiji/20181224s00079000381000c.html
「辞めるつもりはない。きょうの演技だと悔しくてすっきり終われない感じ。もうちょっとできるはずだという気持ちが出てきている」と現役続行の意思を見せた。

Interspectator

Record Breaker
He did deserve it and what would I've given to see a Shoma, Yuzu and Daisuke Team at Worlds in Japan. I will be sad if that was the last time we saw these two new beautiful programs. ;_; I just don't know...is there more to come? I really do hope so.

He gave no indication that he wanted to stop.
All his comments recently have been positive about continuing to skate in competition. I hope next season he will have a opportunity to go to international competitions.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Dai said he declined because he was not really ready to compete internationally, but also said there is no future with a 32-years old and it is more important that younger skaters experience major international competitions under huge pressures. It is uncertain when he declined, before or after Nats. I remember he said when he announced it last July that his comeback might take chances away from a younger skater.

He said he is NOT retiring because he is far from satisfied with today's performance, and feel like he could do better.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/12/24/kiji/20181224s00079000381000c.html
「辞めるつもりはない。きょうの演技だと悔しくてすっきり終われない感じ。もうちょっとできるはずだという気持ちが出てきている」と現役続行の意思を見せた。

Well, he doesn't have to compete with the international elite if he doesn't want to, but I really hope he gets out of Japan at some point. There are B-competitions out there, and we're dying to see him!

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
He said he is NOT retiring because he is far from satisfied with today's performance, and feel like he could do better.

Thank you, mikeko. I'm relieved! I think he could make use of the comeback skater clause and do the GP next season, if he wants to.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I understand, and his humility makes me love him even more, but I’m also really sad :( :( nobody skates like Dai. I’m hopeful we will see him on the Grand Prix next season

Plumededragon

Medalist
Dai is a man who keeps his word: he said at the start of the season that he would not go, and today he proved, even though it was tempting, that he planned on staying truth to what he said. :)

His next step, imo, should be one of those small int’ competitions in Jan/Feb. If he wants to. But if he decides to try more int next season, then it would a good start. :)

sunn1ly

On the Ice
He is a real man of honour. I am so glad he is back and hope he continues. It is such pleasure to see him perform. I was also hoping to see him at worlds because he deserves it and we the fans as well. But also hope we see him next season even stronger. We love you Dai.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I'm just so proud of him. It would have been wonderful to see him at Worlds, of course, but I completely understand why he'd feel he wasn't ready and want the opportunity to go to Keiji. This season has been truly amazing, something I never dreamed I'd see and although of course I hope he tries international competition again (so my chances go up of being able to see him live ;)) I'm genuinely so moved, and inspired.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Thank you, mikeko. I'm relieved! I think he could make use of the comeback skater clause and do the GP next season, if he wants to.

Can he still use the comeback clause? I thought he might have used it in 2009-2010 season after he came back from the knee injury. It's more likely he can compete at a CS next season.