Daisuke Takahashi | Page 185 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Dai landed 4T during the official practice today, and he said his that's better than 4-5 years ago. :) Looks like he's in a very good condition.

https://twitter.com/Akko3911/status/1075683104700825602
https://twitter.com/ikko531/status/1075694448632258560

He looks fantastic! Omg, I can't believe it! :jaw: :dbana: :cry: <-- those are tears of joy

Dai, Shoma, Keiji and Kazuki at the SP draw:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brm0B2cBhRr/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1o2om9hsg2rtf

Dai's start number is 22. Dai-chan, ganbare! :cheer2:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Another December, another Nationals. At this time of the year I feel uneasy and a little pain still tbh. Competitions have never been the same after Sochi season as if time has frozen for me. Even though I saw him competed, saw him in the news clips, it still seems unreal to me sometimes as if in a dream. Ever since he's come back to ice, I realized results, points or placements do not matter to me anymore. I am just happy to see him on ice. I just want him to be happy and to enjoy every moments he's spending on ice.

We don't fear for any concerns or nervousness anymore, do we. Let's wish Daisuke will skate just for himself, he will enjoy every moments at the Nationals, and let's wish he can have two wonderful skates that he feels happy and satisfied with, and can end his day with a smile. Yes, my sincere wish at this point is to see his big smile! And let's enjoy ourselves, too, every moments of his at the Nats. :)

We all live in different parts of the world, I will be staynig home watching the Nats on TV myself. However, believing we are all united :ghug: and believing you guys are at my side including our dearest friend Olympia :yes:, I will cheer for Dai with all my strength, heart and soul. :)

To those who will be in the arena, please please cheer for our man like crazy for us all! :yay:

:ghug::ghug::ghug:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Another December, another Nationals. At this time of the year I feel uneasy and a little pain still tbh. Competitions have never been the same after Sochi season as if time has frozen for me. Even though I saw him competed, saw him in the news clips, it still seems unreal to me sometimes as if in a dream. Ever since he's come back to ice, I realized results, points or placements do not matter to me anymore. I am just happy to see him on ice. I just want him to be happy and to enjoy every moments he's spending on ice.

We don't fear for any concerns or nervousness anymore, do we. Let's wish Daisuke will skate just for himself, he will enjoy every moments at the Nationals, and let's wish he can have two wonderful skates that he feels happy and satisfied with, and can end his day with a smile. Yes, my sincere wish at this point is to see his big smile! And let's enjoy ourselves, too, every moments of his at the Nats. :)

We all live in different parts of the world, I will be staynig home watching the Nats on TV myself. However, believing we are all united :ghug: and believing you guys are at my side including our dearest friend Olympia :yes:, I will cheer for Dai with all my strength, heart and soul. :)

To those who will be in the arena, please please cheer for our man like crazy for us all! :yay:

:ghug::ghug::ghug:

Hear, hear, deedee! I'm sure Olympia is watching, too. I'm just so thankful for every second we get. Of course I want him to be satisfied and have a good skate, but as a fan I'm already so very happy with everything I can't ask for much more!:ghug: Dai FanFest, who would've thought this day would come? We're so lucky!:love:

champs

Final Flight
I'm happy Dai went clean in the SP, but not for the stingy GOE for his opening 3A. I've always been bitter (as a hardcore Wagner fan circa Vancouver Olympics season) with judges' stinginess when a skater lands a jump with his/her free foot toepick slightly touching the ice as the free leg unfolds but with totally fine landing posture and flow. I just never understand. Sorry for the grumble. Hopefully this won't discourage Dai from trying a quad in the free.

mikeko666

Final Flight
I'm happy Dai went clean in the SP, but not for the stingy GOE for his opening 3A. I've always been bitter (as a hardcore Wagner fan circa Vancouver Olympics season) with judges' stinginess when a skater lands a jump with his/her free foot toepick slightly touching the ice as the free leg unfolds but with totally fine landing posture and flow. I just never understand. Sorry for the grumble. Hopefully this won't discourage Dai from trying a quad in the free.

I rather thought GOE was a bit generous because his toe scratched the ice surface. He looked nervous and I know he could have done more than he actually delivered.

He now knows what it feels like in the rink as a competitor, and he will be more relaxed in FS on Monday. :) In the post performance interview, he said "It feels good back in Nats, and may feel better at Worlds".
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20181222-00000147-spnannex-spo

I hope he will be finished 2nd and chosen for Worlds.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Dai was so good :love: :love: so does that post-SP interview mean that he does indeed want to compete at Worlds?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Dai delivered a gorgeous performance and sits in 2nd after the SP with a score of 88.52!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bKOLv4qhc

He was beaming throughout the entire post-skate interview! :luv17:

:love::love::love: I was full of :love: the whole 2:50 that was 'heavenly'. No words, I was in tears.

Such a strong comeback performance. Many congrats to Dai, to Utako-sensei, Takeshi and Team d1sk. And thank you so much for helping him to get back his jumps, spins and all other required competitive skating skills. :bow:

Seeing Utako-sensei's mothrly smile at 3:32 made my day. Dai truly shines on competitive ice. I can say it aloud finally: 'お帰り、大ちゃん!' :)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Yes, and agreed, my sister. :) The way he goes up in the air and its air position is different from his old 4T, I thought. It's like we're seeing a new jump from Daisuke. :shocked: How on earth can he do that at age 32? Dai continues to ROCK the world! :rock:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Dai landed two clean 4T during the Sunday practice.
https://twitter.com/moco0611chi/status/1076866947688460289

Isn't it beautiful. The height and air position is WOW!

Yes, and agreed, my sister. :) The way he goes up in the air and its air position is different from his old 4T, I thought. It's like we're seeing a new jump from Daisuke. :shocked: How on earth can he do that at age 32? Dai continues to ROCK the world! :rock:

Gosh, his 4T IS just effortless and beautiful. :love: It's so evident that his physical condition is much better than a couple of years ago and that he re-worked his technique. I'm so freakin' happy for him! :dance2:

Can't wait to find out which layout he'll be skating tomorrow/today in JST. He said he practiced two – one with and one without a quad – and he won't decide until the last minute which one he'll do. Guess it's going to depend on everyone else's results and his own form on the day. Goodness, the suspense! :drama:

To add onto deedee's and MaiKatze's posts a little further above (#3685, #3686): I'm praying for a continuation of Dai's comeback fairytale (as I'm sure all Dai fans are!) What he has achieved so far is already so much more than I dared to hope for, but a podium finish would be beyond amazing! Regardless of which placement he ends up with, as long as he's able to give it his all and won't have any regrets this time, it's going to be a reason to celebrate. Of course more overjoyed, beaming Dai would be the best Christmas present ever! :pray:

Let's unite and send him all the good vibes! :ghug:

To pass the time until the men's free here's the "Restart" documentary on Dai's journey from his comeback announcement to Nationals, that was shown on Fuji TV yesterday:

part1

part 2

Btw a belated thank you for answering my questions about Pasquale and Yuto, deedee and mikeko. Dai is so adored! These are Ayaka Hosoda's touching words about him:

https://twitter.com/redgreendress/status/1076863060961382400

Congrats to her on the best placement at Nationals in her entire career at the age of 23! She placed 8th after once again landing two beautiful 3As in her FS. :clap:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
So nervous and excited to see how Daisuke does in the free! i had some technical difficulties with streams watching the Ladies so I think I'll get up extra early so just in case there are troubles I can resolve them in time to watch him :biggrin: