Daisuke Takahashi | Page 187 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

musicfan80

Medalist
I am SO SO SO unbelievable happy about how well Daisuke did at Japanese Nationals! :yahoo:

I've been watching his SP numerous times today, it just makes me so happy! This is probably my favorite SP this season.

I do understand that he feels that his technical content isn't ready yet for Worlds, but I'm a tad surprised he didn't take 4CCs. Could he get the international minimums in time anyway?

I do hope that the JSF will consider giving him some international assignments, even if it's at a Challenge Series or smaller.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Can he still use the comeback clause? I thought he might have used it in 2009-2010 season after he came back from the knee injury. It's more likely he can compete at a CS next season.

I don't know, if the GP designation rules concerning comeback/return of ranked skaters were exactly the same in 2009/10 as the ones in effect now. I hope I'm interpreting this correctly - per current regulation (paragraph 2.2 c)) it sounds to me like he would have qualified as a returning skater back in 2009/10 after sitting out the previous season, because he placed high enough at the two immediately preceding World Championships (2nd in 2007 and 4th in 2008).

Whereas as a come-back skater he'd be eligible even after missing multiple seasons, if he placed within top 6 in the the past 10 years at Worlds (paragraph 2.1 c)):

2. DESIGNATION OF THE SKATERS 2.1 Seeded Skaters/Couples

c) “Come-Back” Skaters/Couples: Skaters/Couples who were previously seeded (placed 1 to 6 within the past 10 years at a ISU World Figure Skating Championships) and subsequently did not participate in one or more competitive seasons will be given priority consideration to re-enter the ISU Grand Prix of Figure ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating and ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2018/19 Page 3 of 16 Skating for selection of up to 2 assignments if they commit in writing to participating in two ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating events and if such return is announced and confirmed by the date of the annual Selection Meeting. Such so called “Come Back Skaters/Couples” will not substitute any of the Seeded Skaters/Couples, mentioned under a). “Come Back Skaters/Couples” must not fulfil the requirements of the minimum Grand Prix score and would be considered for selection as an Organizing ISU Member Choice. A come back under this clause is allowed only once in their competitive career for any Skater/Couple.

If my memory doesn't fail me, he also mentioned having the opportunity of making use of the come-back skater clause, if he ever wished to do so, during his retirement press con back in 2014.

Then again who knows, if he even aims at that level now? I'd be happy to see him compete at a senior B/Challenger too (preferably at a cozy comp in Europe Nebelhorn ;))

Imov

Medalist
You did so well Dai and true to your word.
I hope your other plans pan out well because you deserve it.

mikeko666

Final Flight
I don't know, if the GP designation rules concerning comeback/return of ranked skaters were exactly the same in 2009/10 as the ones in effect now. I hope I'm interpreting this correctly - per current regulation (paragraph 2.2 c)) it sounds to me like he would have qualified as a returning skater back in 2009/10 after sitting out the previous season, because he placed high enough at the two immediately preceding World Championships (2nd in 2007 and 4th in 2008).

Whereas as a come-back skater he'd be eligible even after missing multiple seasons, if he placed within top 6 in the the past 10 years at Worlds (paragraph 2.1 c)):

If I don't misremember, he also mentioned having the opportunity of making use of the come-back skater clause, if he ever wished to do so, during his retirement press con back in 2014.

Then again who knows, if he even aims at that level now? I'd be happy to see him compete at a senior B/Challenger too (preferably at a cozy comp in Europe Nebelhorn ;))

I asked around, and it looks like he actually didn't make use of the comeback skater clause in 2009-2008. So he can skate in GPS next season if he wants to. Unlike Worlds or 4CC, getting a GPS spot does not necessarily mean taking a chance away from another Japanese skater.

He also said he thought of competing internationally at least once this season.

https://twitter.com/AkiAqui/status/1077477890990649344
From 1:23, "To be honest, I want to continues competing as long as possible", "I thought of competing internationally at least once."

deedee1

Record Breaker
Sorry I'm late. Many many congrats for a podium finish at the JNats, Daisuke! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Merry Christmas to all of Dai/die-hard fans in the world in this FF thread! :hb: And 'Millions of THANK YOU, Dai-chan, for giving us such a very very special X'mas gift! :love:
I will always remember and admire your gorgeous 3As both in SP and Free, dreamy Sheltering Sky :love:, a number of clean quads during official practices and that beautiful, a feather-like light 4T during 6min warm up in the Free :rock:.

ETA: Even before the announcement of Team Japan for 4cc/Wolrds, I think I knew he would probably turn down the spot for the Worlds even though he was entitled to it. I don't lie I would feel super-happy, too if he would be there next March, but at the same time I'm glad he kept his words tbh. So typical of Daisuke, always humble and classy. :)

Imov

Medalist
Will Dai be resting off the rest of the season?
Or is he going to be in shows or maybe B level competitions?

mikeko666

Final Flight
Will Dai be resting off the rest of the season?
Or is he going to be in shows or maybe B level competitions?

He said there will be no more competitions this season. AFAIK, there will be no major ice shows until SOIJ in late March in Japan.

deedee1

Record Breaker
To pass the time until the men's free here's the "Restart" documentary on Dai's journey from his comeback announcement to Nationals, that was shown on Fuji TV yesterday:

part1

part 2

Towards the end from 18:26 of part 2, Dai practicing 4F, isn't he? Wow. Wish he doesn't push himself too hard. No more injuries, take a good care of your knee, Dai-chan. :pray:

Btw a belated thank you for answering my questions about Pasquale and Yuto, deedee and mikeko. Dai is so adored! These are Ayaka Hosoda's touching words about him:

https://twitter.com/redgreendress/status/1076863060961382400

Congrats to her on the best placement at Nationals in her entire career at the age of 23! She placed 8th after once again landing two beautiful 3As in her FS. :clap:

:yes::clap::clap: Off topic, but you'll see Ayaka in her junior days around 1:50. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOKlEs9Ae_E

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Wishing a Happy New Year to all Dai fans in his Fan Fest! :ghug:

Happy New year to Dai and my wish for 2019 is that we see our guy back on the ice
happy and smiling!:love:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Happy new year to you all from me, too! :hb::hb::hb:

I agree, my sister. :) The year 2018 is so special, it's been amazingly happy full of pleasure and honor for me to witness his new journey with you all, and to be able to cheer for our Dai-chan together. :thank: How lucky we really are that we can see his gorgeous skating and his genuine smiles again! :love: And what's most important is that Dai says he has taken back his love for skating. What else we could ask?! :love:
Let's wish Daisuke another happy year full of happy moments, an injury-free season! :ghug: