General Information: Olympic Figure Skating Individual Events | Page 2 | Golden Skate

General Information: Olympic Figure Skating Individual Events

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
There must be some mistake...the team event is easily watchable on the west coast of the US. 🤔
Please tell me Peacock wont have commentary?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
There must be some mistake...the team event is easily watchable on the west coast of the US. 🤔
Please tell me Peacock wont have commentary?
Don't be pushy or the Olympic organizing committee will correct that mistake :laugh:. I'm hoping Peacock won't have commentary but there was commentary at 2021 Worlds provided by the ISU which Peacock used. Mark Hanretty was the commentator and I enjoyed him but who knows what Peacock will do for the Olympics.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Don't be pushy or the Olympic organizing committee will correct that mistake :laugh:. I'm hoping Peacock won't have commentary but there was commentary at 2021 Worlds provided by the ISU which Peacock used. Mark Hanretty was the commentator and I enjoyed him but who knows what Peacock will do for the Olympics.
You be nice to me! I just looked up the lyrics to "Fat Bottomed Girls" and I am now scarred for life! 😱

pearly

Record Breaker
I just opened my Eurosport Player app and had a little scare when I saw they had no skating events lined up, but I suppose they will be adding them over the course of next week. I checked online and Eurosport Player will be covering the Olympics so for anyone in Europe, I would truly recommend getting the one month subscription for 4.99 euros. It's well worth the money - no need to look for dodgy streams in the middle of the night, available replays, and they often provide commentary in several languages, as well as the no commentary option.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Quick question, how many skaters advance to the free skate in each discipline this year? I know in the team event the top five countries make the cut but I just realized I'm not totally sure where the cutoff is in pairs, dance, women or men.

Country
Norway
I just opened my Eurosport Player app and had a little scare when I saw they had no skating events lined up, but I suppose they will be adding them over the course of next week. I checked online and Eurosport Player will be covering the Olympics so for anyone in Europe, I would truly recommend getting the one month subscription for 4.99 euros. It's well worth the money - no need to look for dodgy streams in the middle of the night, available replays, and they often provide commentary in several languages, as well as the no commentary option.
I´m going to sign up for the monthly subscription next week. I´m relieved Eurosport got the rights for Olympics, it´s half the price of Viaplay Sport who is broadcasting the championships and GP, and there will be Norwegian commentators on Eurosport. This season Viaplay cut the Norwegian commentators only leaving me with the option of the Swedish one, and I could not stand the one Swedish commentator - so I´m not paying for that. It was already overprized and then they wouldn´t even give me my money worth. Since basically everything from the Team Event will be at night/early morning in Europe, replays will be crucial, so i´m very happy I can subscribe to the Player.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A new schedule came out today: "With the approval of the International Olympic Committee(IOC), Beijing Organising Committee for the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games released the final version competition schedule."
Only one big change at first glance: there is now a day between the Men's FS in the team event and the SP in the individual event. :)

Very odd that these schedules are marked Dec 12th. Oh well.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have done random checks between the the Dec 12th time shift schedule from the tweeting of figure skating times and the 1-9-22 official colour schedule and so far they look the same. Will check and see what Peacock lists as times. Once in a blue moon they are wrong.
In case you want to record Tara and Johnny just in case your sketchy internet goes down....

rollerblade

Record Breaker
What channel is the one with olympic rings under the NBC logo? Or is that via web streaming?

To those who have used Peacock on Android phone, how well (or bad) does it work?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Question, do any of you guys know if the events will be available to watch on replay? I'm almost certainly going to have to watch the replay on some events. Cause I gotta work during the day during the work week.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I just opened my Eurosport Player app and had a little scare when I saw they had no skating events lined up, but I suppose they will be adding them over the course of next week.
What surprised me is that the Player on iOS had an update yesterday, claiming a dedicated Beijing 2022 Olympics section.
I looked everywhere I could think of in the app… nothing that even remotely resembles a dedicated section. :scratch2:

However, I do (!) see figure skating streams listed now. On Friday morning, team event, and not only a livestream, but also live on TV at Eurosport 1. So no worries, they will add them. It was like that with Summer Olympics too, many streams just show up at a later point.

auser

Record Breaker
What channel is the one with olympic rings under the NBC logo? Or is that via web streaming?

To those who have used Peacock on Android phone, how well (or bad) does it work?
Yes the icon of the NBC peacock with the Olympic rings beneath indicates the Peacock Premium streaming service. Sorry, I have not tried watching Peacock via my Android phone. :)

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
What options are there for me to watch Olympics figure skating? I'm not in the US or Europe and I imagine TV coverage will be limited in NZ, though I did watch some ice dance at the last Olympics with commentary by some Australian lady with a thick accent (sorry, Aussies, I speak the Queen's English👑). I do have a VPN and would prefer to watch on demand when I have time. Any ideas?

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
What options are there for me to watch Olympics figure skating? I'm not in the US or Europe and I imagine TV coverage will be limited in NZ, though I did watch some ice dance at the last Olympics with commentary by some Australian lady with a thick accent (sorry, Aussies, I speak the Queen's English👑). I do have a VPN and would prefer to watch on demand when I have time. Any ideas?
I think you can set your VPN to India and watch on the Olympic Channel, I don't know who will be doing commentary

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I just noticed there is a separate “multicam” stream for the Friday team event on the Eurosport player. That sounds like fun, assuming it is what I think it is and you can manually switch between a bunch of cameras in the rink.
I have seen it before with events, but not sure that ever was with figure skating.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

If you mean Belinda Noonan, she's back on the World Feed this year, where she will be joined by gymnastics commentator Olly Hogben

I´m going to sign up for the monthly subscription next week. I´m relieved Eurosport got the rights for Olympics, it´s half the price of Viaplay Sport who is broadcasting the championships and GP, and there will be Norwegian commentators on Eurosport. This season Viaplay cut the Norwegian commentators only leaving me with the option of the Swedish one, and I could not stand the one Swedish commentator - so I´m not paying for that. It was already overprized and then they wouldn´t even give me my money worth. Since basically everything from the Team Event will be at night/early morning in Europe, replays will be crucial, so i´m very happy I can subscribe to the Player.

I don't know if this is being done all over Europe (I suspect it is), but I saw an advert saying that you can sign up to the annual subscription of Discovery+ for half price until 20th February, i.e. the day of the Closing Ceremony. So, instead of the usual £60, it is now £30.

I'm torn. I'm still on the £40 Eurosport Player annual subscription, which is due to automatically renew on 24th February. So, do I cancel Eurosport Player on the 20th, and set up a new acount for Discovery+ while the £30 offer is still available? Or do I let the renewal go through and hope that whenever they close the Eurosport Player (we still don't know when yet) they automatically transfer me over to Discovery+?

I'm sure that when Discovery do pull the plug on the Eurosport Player, they will do some sort of offer for any remaining subscribers. Either giving them the full Discovery+ service without charging any extra for however long remains on their contract. Or giving them a discounted rate on a new 12 month contract.

Or maybe they will be mean and just cut the Eurosport Player subscribers off without reimbursing them for whatever time they have left on their contract.

We just don't know.

Oh, if only Discovery had transformed the Eurosport Player into the new service, rather than setting Dicovery+ up from scratch. Because having this period of the two services co-existing has made things far too complicated.

CaroLiza_fan