2022 Winter Olympics: Free Dance | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2022 Winter Olympics: Free Dance

Kenyie

Rinkside
Papadakis and Cizeron: what a beautiful, connected, breathtaking four minutes.

This was perfection, not at all boring. It was simplicity and interpretation at its finest. Transcendent.

I hope that Guillaume's deserved place as the first out Olympic figure skating individual champion helps this sport that we love become more inclusive and less gate-keeping.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Congrats to P&C! I'm very happy for them! This isn't my favorite FD of theirs but it still was beautiful and well skated. Congrats to S&K and H&D for completing the podium. A lot of pressure on them coming in as the top three so kudos to them for holding it together as we some some nervy problems among the others (S&B, G&P and FB&S most noticeably). My heart is with C&B and I'm so proud of them - wish there were pewter medals here haha, am so glad they got the team medal (hopefully they will eventually have their medal ceremony!) I also loved S&D - probably skating more full out than anyone (of course they had less pressure than the top teams though). And G&F moving up to fifth - congrats to them! Also loved H&B's freedance, definitely a favorite of mine this year!

LadyB

Record Breaker
I don't think Piper & Paul had Olympic level programs this year. This should have been the year of Vincent or Hitchcock.
Absolutely! I was hoping all along they'd bring it back. At Skate Canada I fell in love with their RD, not so much the FD. But the latter grew on me and I thought this is beautiful. However, they managed not to bring it to its peak, which is really sad. My heart goes out to them.