2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Short Program

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Kostornaya/Kunitsa performed well at the stages. High BV helped them to be above many pairs. They just needed to work on their pairs elements. But instead they changed their program right before Nats (which was obviously not a good decision, StSq2 for example).

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
She should stop with that changing programs habit. She did it in her season with Plushy, it didn't solve her issues. I think she even did it in her last season with Tutberidze. It didn't work that much.
Their previous SP was working, it didn't need to be changed. They just had to clean up some elements.
I like this SP way more, but they changed it too suddenly to work.

They wanted the historical moment - you miss 100% shots that you dont take. I respect it. You wont do something legendary playing it safe.

Skating91

Medalist
I don't how to react to this. In esports, for example, this kind of thing is accepted normally. Players like to write something in chat.

But in figure skating it is not.

Also, is Galliamov that confident? Many skaters don't follow the performances of others and don't use social media during competitions.
Galliamov has always seemed like an arrogant jerk, dismissive of people with the way he carries himself in general. Not that I really care.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Alyona has created complicated at such a young age. If her pairs partner wasn't her husband (I'm sure a big part of getting married was because they are doing pairs together and this is going to be some epic love story and triumph in their heads), she could find someone else with at least some experience, or abandon ship and go back to singles. How much better would her jumps be if she was just practicing those every day rather learning a new skating discipline from scratch.
Kostornaia already proved everything she needed. Shes way past caring about medals.

Jumping ship would be stupid. She is winning hard - entering a new learning curve with someone she loves after already peaking in a different discipline. Meanwhile everyone else is stressing stuck in the gold medal rat race.

Skating91

Medalist
Kostornaia already proved everything she needed. Shes way past caring about medals.

Jumping ship would be stupid. She is winning hard - entering a new learning curve with someone she loves after already peaking in a different discipline. Meanwhile everyone else is stressing stuck in the gold medal rat race.

I don't think it's ever going to work out with Kunitsa he is unsuitable for this. Kostornaia might be suitable just because she had so much innate talent, but she needs an experienced partner to reveal this.

No, I think cares deeply about medals, but impulsively flits from one project or idea to the next with every aspect of her life. She seems deeply unsatisfied, and probably regrets that she let herself go during COVID. A lot of skaters used that dead time to improve, Alyona degraded. It was a strange time, not a judgment just an observation.

Probably one of the most wasted talents in history, and only has herself to blame for it. Cannot commit to anything unless she has her mother and someone like Eteri keeping her focused. Without Eteri she wouldn't have made it past juniors.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
A bit off-topic, Mishina is the only pair woman who looks like a North American pair woman (muscular). All the other have a different shape. More on the thin side without accentuated muscles.