2023-24 Russian Nationals Women's Short Program | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Women's Short Program

Skating91

Medalist
The difference between a model and a supermodel is the presence. The difference between a great figure skater and a star on ice is the presence. The presence of Kamila was always amazing, but now, with her feminine body, it's breathtaking. She IS a star and born ready for shows.

Kamila is not even grown physicaly the last months. Her presence also grew and now she is bigger than the rink. Kamila doesn't need a medal. Her presence reminds me a bit of Kati Witt back in 1994, when she was far away from medals, but her presence and star appeal was amazing and the figure skating world stood still for 3 minutes. Okay, Kamila is still the more competitive skater than Kati was 1994. But who cares about titles and medals? I want to enjoy this gorgeous star on ice. And if Kamila is happy everything is fine.

If Kamila Valieva was Latvian, German (or any country other than Russia) at the next Olympics, she would be the only person they would talk about for two weeks.

Let's not forget, in the short program she just beat the most difficult competition in the world. Even if she lost to Muraviova and Petrosian, okay she has the 3rd best short program in the entire world.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Because Kamila achieved close to her maximum, Sadkova had a bad day, Gorbacheva didn't reach her maximum and the quads are shaky, I think a medal is almost assured for Kamila (Petrorian as well of course and Muraviova assuming she doesn't have a disaster skate). Even a disaster skate like in Kazan Kamila can get bronze.

It is set up well.

If Petrosian is clean of course she will win there is nothing Kamila can do, but she falls almost every performance at least once, plus a good chance at least twice.
Im worried for Petrosian. She should be peaked enough to easily pass with 1 fall but given her multiples sicknesses I wonder how her quads are affected?

Quads are very different from axel, the former being more about general explosively and lightness while the latter being moreso brute core strength; hence heavier girls getting away with the axel but not quads (aside from Valieva).

Petrosian's 3A was always shaky but she always maintained the snap for quads. I wonder what form she is ultimately in now in regards to those quads. Impossible to tell and very worrying for Petrosian fans around the world.

Mathematician

Medalist
You clearly misheard what was said. In one of her GP stages or after test skates, I don't remember exactly when, she joked that at the start of the program she managed to look at and get accustomed with the judges. So Trankov asked her if she managed to do the same with the judges this time, so she had to joke back that it's a secret.
Oh, I wasnt aware about those former comments and context. Fair enough, thanks.

Isk

On the Ice
38.70 is pushing it but whatever

Why is Trankoff alluding to Valieva having personal relations with a judge?? And she gets awkward about it. Ok.
But it would be unethical for a judge to judge her, if she is related to him/her, would it? We, little people of the world, have to sign COI statements all the time at our work place. Interesting. I wonder if they will cut this part out of her interview recording.

Mathematician

Medalist
that would be incredibly inappropriate on his part, given her age...And also just gross, in general
Ok, I wasnt talking about *those* kinds of personal relations. Just as in, she has connections. But someone gave further context to the joke based off previous comments she gave and its all good.

You clearly misheard what was said. In one of her GP stages or after test skates, I don't remember exactly when, she joked that at the start of the program she managed to look at and get accustomed with the judges. So Trankov asked her if she managed to do the same with the judges this time, so she had to joke back that it's a secret.

Mathematician

Medalist
But it would be unethical for a judge to judge her, if she is related to him/her, would it? We, little people, have to sign all these COI statements all the time at our work place, don't they? Interesting. I wonder if they will cut this part out of her interview recording.
Ok ok, everyone, now I feel bad because I didnt have full context from former events and made the translation too quick. Now people have the wrong idea about her. Please read above - there was nothing wrong here, I admit this is my mistake.

Skating91

Medalist
Im worried for Petrosian. She should be peaked enough to easily pass with 1 fall but given her multiples sicknesses I wonder how her quads are affected?

Quads are very different from axel, the former being more about general explosively and lightness while the latter being moreso brute core strength; hence heavier girls getting away with the axel but not quads (aside from Valieva).

Petrosian's 3A was always shaky but she always maintained the snap for quads. I wonder what form she is ultimately in now in regards to those quads. Impossible to tell and very worrying for Petrosian fans around the world.

I said all week, Kamila has more than a puncher's chance not knowing that she had lost the triple axel.

I think Kamila will fall on one jump whether the 4T or 3Lz. I think Adelia falls on two quads it will be very expensive for her.

It's going to be very close.

Caliban

On the Ice
photo_2023-12-22_19-48-23.jpg

Skating91

Medalist
Not personal relations. He was just joking about Kamila's start of the program right at the judges board.

People take some of this stuff too seriously. It's a joke. 38 PCS compared to 36 for the next best girls is deserved she was on a completely different level for composition and presentation.

Mathematician

Medalist
I said all week, Kamila has more than a puncher's chance not knowing that she had lost the triple axel.

I think Kamila will fall on one jump whether the 4T or 3Lz. I think Adelia falls on two quads it will be very expensive for her.

It's going to be very close.
Valieva falling on a 3Lz sounds impossible to me. Its up to the 4T - I think so. In fact, if Mura and Petrosian bomb then Valieva can skip the quad and walk through to a gold with no worries.

I hope Adeliia skips the 3A tomorrow and goes for quads. I can see her landing the 4T - her 3T looked extremely sharp today. But her 4F worries me most.

The way I see it: Adeliia's 4F vs Kamila's 4T. Mura is very unlikely to take gold, but silver is there with two 3As (I agree - if she hits the first she should have the second).

Man, the top warmup group tomorrow is going to be AMAZING. I dont want it to end... Oh, at least we have the Spartakiad. Then what? Months of twiddling our thumbs waiting for next season...

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Adeliia clearly hit a growth spurt. Probably pushing over 5' already. Not far off Muravieva who is pushing 5'5 I imagine (maybe less - she did look very small at the draws ceremony).

Keep in mind: directly after skate Valieva is still in skates while the other two already took them off.
I think Mura is taller than 5'5. From podium pictures, she looks little bit taller than Kami and in the summer Kami said she's 165 cm (exactly 5'5''), and she's surely grown since then 🤔

Mathematician

Medalist
People take some of this stuff too seriously. It's a joke. 38 PCS compared to 36 for the next best girls is deserved she was on a completely different level for composition and presentation.
Without context it would have been a rather jarring and difficult to discern joke. But with the context our Russian friend gave it makes much more sense.

Remilia

On the Ice
Adeliia clearly hit a growth spurt. Probably pushing over 5' already. Not far off Muravieva who is pushing 5'5 I imagine (maybe less - she did look very small at the draws ceremony).

Keep in mind: directly after skate Valieva is still in skates while the other two already took them off.
I was wondering why there was such a big height difference between Mura and Kami :scratch2:
Interesting that Adeliia has seemingly grown. I was starting to think she'd just be super tiny. Wonder how much she grew and if she's in for another growth spurt. But if she has grown, it could have had an effect on her jumps...I want to see her, Alina, and Veronika standing next to each other so I can compare their heights :laugh:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Valieva falling on a 3Lz sounds impossible to me. Its up to the 4T - I think so. In fact, if Mura and Petrosian bomb then Valieva can skip the quad and walk through to a gold with no worries.
Kamila has already fallen on the 3Lz this season, and it's been the non-Ultra C-jump she's struggled with the most by far. It's less likely she'll fall on the 3Lz than on the 4T but not impossible.

Mathematician

Medalist
They are obviously standing on a podium of some type, but Adelia has grown in height and overall size.

I was most impressed with her performance even if the quads did go away (she will stablise them anyway), she still has the skating skills.
Oh, you're right. That surely is a podium. Petrosian is still tiny then.

I think Mura is taller than 5'5. From podium pictures, she looks little bit taller than Kami and in the summer Kami said she's 165 cm (exactly 5'5''), and she's surely grown since then 🤔
I would be baffled if Mura was over 5'5. That would mean everyone else is huge, based off the draw ceremony. I also thought that Mura was taller than Kamila from the podium photos but after seeing more material Kamila is definitely taller. I dont think they would've grown since summer. Under 5'5 is about right for Mura I'm pretty sure. And a strong 5'5 for Valieva.

I used to spend lots of time analyzing athlete heights and exposing fraudsters.

Mathematician

Medalist
Kamila has already fallen on the 3Lz this season, and it's been the non-Ultra C-jump she's struggled with the most by far. It's less likely she'll fall on the 3Lz than on the 4T but not impossible.
Yes she did fall earlier of course I recall. I did not mean literally impossible but just too low probability for me to personally worry for it. She looks wayy too stable. I consider that fall in Moscow a fluke.